Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#469747 - 04/18/08 10:55 AM Re: Kuck Fansas ***** [Re: gquinn225]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know how I can help you but if I can/could I would be more than happy to try.

go to his website. click on donate.

If you can't buy him a beer in person, at least send him five bucks!

#469748 - 04/18/08 11:01 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: WDNR2007]
13Hawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Topeka
Thanks WDNR. I needed a day off. Most people in HR departments either aren't in on fridays or don't care about anything that happens on friday... so it's sheetrock day for me.

I guess if you get really, REALLY bored you could scan it... but I've actually had alot of compliments on my resume. (just apparently not enough to actually call me back)...

I know that Target is actively telling prospective employers that I was fired for "attendance" (I had my wife call posing as an HR rep from the bank to get a reference). They are not elaborating on that, and most companies just assume that I was never there. There are some companies I've applied at that won't even consider you if you have been fired. Goodyear won't look at your application for 7 YEARS after you've been fired... Del Monte Foods has a 3 year policy. What sucks is that I can't even get in the damned door to make my case to half the people I wouldn't mind working for.

#469749 - 04/18/08 11:04 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
Quote:

I guess if you get really, REALLY bored you could scan it... but I've actually had alot of compliments on my resume. (just apparently not enough to actually call me back)...

this sounds like when you compliment someone on their personality...basically means you wouldn't touch them with someone else's junk.

#469750 - 04/18/08 11:08 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
tbhagz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Your mom's house
13 how long did you work at Target? Sorry, didn't see that in previous threads.

If it was under a year, I say take it off your resume and say you were a 'consultant' in the electronics field.

If they question say that you did a lot of online consulting and home repair and maybe have some buddies ready for a phone call or two.

May sound dumb, but it's better than having to say you were fired!

#469751 - 04/18/08 11:13 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: tbhagz]
13Hawk Offline
Baby Jay

No luck there... I was at Target for 3+ years. Thats what is sooo BS about all of this. Everyone in my training class is gone there... We had all maxed out on pay.

#469752 - 04/18/08 11:19 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
13Hawk Offline
Baby Jay

Oh LOOK... I just got turned down by ANOTHER JOB...

USFoods - Vita Assessment Completion&#8207;
Sent: Fri 4/18/08 10:40 AM
To: eden40000@hotmail.com

Dear _:

We would like to express our genuine gratitude to you for your expressed interest in the Selector position. It is good to know that talented people have the desire to join our winning staff here at U.S. Foodservice.

Unfortunately, you did not meet one or more of the requirements for this position. Nonetheless, we encourage you to visit our website (www.usfoodservice.com) in the future for other opportunities at U.S. Foodservice.

We wish you well in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Human Resources
U.S. Foodservice Topeka/Kansas City Division

**Please do not reply to this email as it is not monitored by US Foodservice and you will not receive a response.**

AND ANOTHER PHUCKING ONE

Desktop Support Technician&#8207;
Sent: Fri 4/18/08 10:54 AM
To: eden40000@hotmail.com

April 18, 2008

Dear _,

Thank you for your interest in the Information Systems (Tech) Desktop Support Technician (7684) position at Stormont-Vail HealthCare. The director has selected another applicant to fill this particular position, so we will not be making an employment offer to you for this position. However, if you have an interview scheduled, please keep that appointment as your application has been reviewed for a similar position.

Please continue to visit our website at www.stormontvail.org for future employment opportunities at Stormont-Vail HealthCare.

Sincerely,

Recruitment Staff
Human Resources
Stormont-Vail HealthCare

#469753 - 04/18/08 11:20 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
tbhagz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Your mom's house
Oh sheet, no luck then!

Have you thought about large companies like Siemens?

I have a buddy who has a 2 years associates degree from a school I've never heard of and pulls down $100k fixing MRI/CAT/XRay machines.

#469754 - 04/18/08 12:05 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: tbhagz]
Jhwk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Those your real teeth?
Damn - now I feel like an a$$hole. There, I said it, I am an a ss h ol e.

We need to help. Any interest in government jobs? Post office or local stuff?

Anybody else in the Topeka area that could help a brother out?

#469755 - 04/18/08 12:14 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: Jhwk]
13Hawk Offline
Baby Jay

I've got applications in to KDOT, and 3 other state positions. The State just moves so DAMNED slow. I think I had them in over 2 months ago.

I've constantly thought I would love to be a Carrier for USPS. Plenty of exercise, being outdoors... but the only chances I've seen to apply were the scam artists trying to sell you information on how to apply.

I guess the most hope I have right now is Channel 27. I talked to all the TV stations in town, and they are the only ones that even think they might possibly have a position open soon.

Whats sad is that I'm pretty sure I sent that application in to stormont over 3 months ago.

#469756 - 04/18/08 12:19 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: tbhagz]
13Hawk Offline
Baby Jay

I've been sifting through the State of Kansas' job link looking at the over 1800 jobs they have posted... so far the only "Major" company I've found is IBM. They are looking for Siebel installers... but the requirements are like a 10 year doctorates in Siebel infrastructure...

I also applied to their printer tech and IT generalist positions... nothing.

#469757 - 04/18/08 12:26 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
outbreakorn Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence
Have you tried KC? Seems like a lot of KC business are hiring

#469758 - 04/18/08 12:38 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: outbreakorn]
13Hawk Offline
Baby Jay

*sigh*

Car = 26 miles per gallon

Truck = 16 miles per gallon

Gas = 3.31 per gallon

KC = 60 miles x 2 x 5

600 miles a week.

car = 23 gallons of gas = $76.38 x4 = $305.52 a month

truck = 37.5 gallons of gas = $124.12 x4 = $496.48 a month

+ K-tag + food

= I can take a job in topeka for a hell of a lot less per hour and still come out ahead.

(and the fact that I refuse to have a payment for gas in a month that would equal a car payment)

Edited by 13Hawk (04/18/08 12:41 PM)

#469759 - 04/18/08 01:31 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
DarthJayhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Hatin' Mark May
I'm sure a lot of the elitists on here will laugh at this, but have you considered driving a truck? Plenty of jobs available, pay is anywhere from $40,000 to $150,000 a year(depending on where you drive and what you haul) and you get a lot of time to think and listen to the radio. There are a lot of negatives to this as well, such as being gone from home, eating poorly, and listening to a bunch of dumbass truckers when you have to stop at a truckstop. I used to do this, so I know. I have also kept my Commercial Drivers License in case I really need a job someday. I never thought I would end up driving a truck, but I needed a job and the pay was good. Just another story I can tell my grandkids.

#469760 - 04/18/08 01:42 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
The economy is so bad here in Michigan, folks are moving from Michigan to Kansas. Michigans unemployment rate is darn near double the national average. And the county I live in is damn near double the state average.

They forget to tell Michigan the recession was over.

#469761 - 04/18/08 01:42 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: DarthJayhawk]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
I've done the same thing with waiting tables. Unfortunately this last time, I found a place where I make more than I did when I was a prisoner in cubicle land.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview