Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#469717 - 04/17/08 11:41 PM Kuck Fansas *****
13Hawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Topeka
There's only 1 good thing about this godforsaken sheethole of a state... KU.

I've applied at 178 different jobs since nov. 9th. To date - ZERO calls back. I have 2 weeks of funds left. I'd like to thank Target for wrongfully firing me.

This state sure does know how to bring a person down.

To top it off, the insurance company we were with got sold. The new one wants me to side the house within 60 days. Are you PHUCKING KIDDING ME? I'll go rob a bank you asholes.

I'm not bitter though. I'm just going to take my computer building, Television station operating, house remodeling, software troubleshooting, pro audio equipment repairing ass to McDonalds.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Phuk this state.

#469718 - 04/17/08 11:43 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

sorry, 13 ...

#469719 - 04/17/08 11:46 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: sevenyearhawk]
13Hawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Topeka
oh, by the way. Mails goin out tomorrow. Just haven't had a chance to get to it till now.

#469720 - 04/17/08 11:56 PM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

no worries, don't forget the Western!

#469721 - 04/18/08 12:01 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: 13Hawk]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
178? I would hate to see how many I applied for while I was still at KU....hell ones that I am still applying for....the only "call back" I had besides the ones that came with applying through the KU career services was one for the OP Convention & Vistors Bureau...the dude was an ass during the interview...

BUT all the ones I applied through KU...never got past a first interview...not my fault that i have experience...

actually had a company ask me "so you have management experience...why do you want to go back to entry level"...I was like "because I have a family to support and you have to start somewhere...I can take what I have learned in the past and combine it with what you desire to help drive your company in the direction you want to go..."

[censored]

#469722 - 04/18/08 12:04 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: brando]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Yeah apparently the job market blows right now. I have several friends graduating this year and none of them have been able to find full-time jobs yet.

#469723 - 04/18/08 03:30 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: Ryan2845]
OREAD Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

May not be in time, but Cessna is building a new plant in Wichita for manufacture of their new business jet. They are supposed to hire 300 immediately and 1,000 total.

#469724 - 04/18/08 03:45 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: OREAD]
mushhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: State, Country
don't talk trash on the state of Kansas, or use the muck fizzou term on Kansas, 13hawk.
KU isn't the only good thing about the state of Kansas.

it's hard to find a job anywhere. big companies like target are everywhere and seldomly appreciate good employees, like i assume you are.

our health care and insurance company system isn't set up for the benefit of the consumer unfortunately. it's set up to make the insurance companies rich.

tell you what, once bush and company get out of office, the dems will favor the people, not the corporations, will spend $ on health care and will improve the economy, helping your job market.

worry not! good things are to come, starting 2009. hopefully, barack will be that next pres!

i'll give you one thing though. our state congress is very right wing/pro big business, like the bushies! so, that doesn't help your situation. overall it's more of a federal problem though.

.....but this is not a political board, so i digress!

moral of the story, sorry things are going $hitty. it's not all the state of Kansas's fault. good things are to come. lift your head up. we fellow jayhawk fans are cheering for you!

#469725 - 04/18/08 06:49 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: mushhawk]
jayheel Offline
Under New Management

Loc: Spencer Basement
It's not the state. It's your networking. Find a place you'd like to work and get busy meeting people there.

As for your insurance company, they suck everywhere, not just in Kansas.

#469726 - 04/18/08 08:04 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: jayheel]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes 13Hawk! Ever think 13 may not be a lucky number for you? Maybe if you become 12 or 14 hawk your luck will change? Are you willing to relocate? There are 49 other states in the country that don't suck. You stated Target fired you. Downsizing or something you did to deserve to be fired? Unless you elaborate, I find it almost unbelievable you applied for 178 different jobs and did not get one call back. Have you used an employment finding service? Are you applying for jobs you are not qualified for? Do you have a swastika tattooed on your forehead? Just trying to get a sense of why you have had such bad luck. Can't be the fault of the STATE of Kansas. There are job openings in Kansas.

#469727 - 04/18/08 08:04 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: mushhawk]
Rivethead Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Quote:

tell you what, once bush and company get out of office, the dems will favor the people, not the corporations, will spend $ on health care and will improve the economy, helping your job market.

Where will the dems get the $ to spend on health care?

Answer: tax dollars from your pocket.

BTW, the corporations ARE what drive our economy.

Oh wait, this isn't the politics board....nevermind.

#469728 - 04/18/08 08:08 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: Rivethead]
Rivethead Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin, TX USA
13Hawk - it's up to you, not the state, to get you a job.

Incidentally, there are a ton of jobs here in Austin......and some very beautiful women as well.

#469729 - 04/18/08 08:19 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: Rivethead]
English_Jayhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: England
sorry to hear you still having problems 13!!! Surely someone must be crying out for the skills you have??

#469730 - 04/18/08 09:49 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: Rivethead]
Jhwk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Those your real teeth?
Quote:

Quote:

Where will the dems get the $ to spend on health care?

Answer: tax dollars from your pocket.

BTW, the corporations ARE what drive our economy.

Oh wait, this isn't the politics board....nevermind.

damn, beat me to it.

Best way to get a job? Go gorilla and do face to face, resume handin' out grip and grins. People have a hard time ignoring someone who is standing in front of them.

Never give up.

#469731 - 04/18/08 09:53 AM Re: Kuck Fansas [Re: Jhwk]
Jenny Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Kansas
I work for a conveyor engineering company, we can't enough people. Every engineering firm in the Kansas City area (except the automotive engineering firms) are hiring.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview