Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#451 - 01/29/04 02:53 PM Hey purple pig farmers maybe.....
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
el presidente DOCTOR John Wefald ought to spend less time trying to cover up his football team's rapin and drunk drivin and dog killin and 'avg Joe KSuck student in Aggiville' beatin and 'a D or two in Juco phys ed football recruit' acceptin and more time directing his faculty to produce work like this:

http://www.territorialkansasonline.org/cgiwrap/imlskto/index.php

Notice the credits to the University of Kansas Spencer Library (the one just behind the Campanile when looking up the Hill from Memorial Stadium). And yep, ol Buddha and Ms Mangino care about KU's libraries too. Donated $10000 to last year. 'Course you wouldn't know that 'cause Chancellor Hemenway ain't crowin 'bout it everywhere he goes and callin it the 'KU way'.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou and P.O.P.P.

#452 - 01/29/04 03:31 PM Re: Hey purple pig farmers maybe..... [Re: John_Brown]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
Amen, John Brown. I get so sick of listening to the self congratulatory pabulum coming from LGSU. At least we have the humor of watching folks like FW coming over hear to lap it up like starving dogs.

I like the way HCMM quietly keeps sawing wood. And, I've slowly come around on The Chancellor.

#453 - 01/29/04 04:11 PM Seems to me like ol' [Re: Leawood]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

brair Hemmenway would spend less time on the fluff, and actually get down and ask why his football coach continues to play guys who have trials for assault and battery and DUI pending.

I think John Wefald is more concerned in how to allocate yet another $10 million in research funding for food safety and bioterrorism KSU just received. Or congratulating a KSU professor who just pioneered a new Nanoparticle detoxification process for cleaning areas hit by BioWarfare Agents.

Of course if your talking about the Kansas territory itself, KSU has hosted a series of lectures on the rural economy, the depopulation of rural Kansas and its return to tallgrass prarie and things of that ilk.

JB...a KU 'fan' baggin a school for recruing JC players...lord thy reeketh of hypocrisy.

Leawood..your just flat pissed off all the time aren't you??

Edited by jaynieskitchen (01/29/04 04:19 PM)

#454 - 01/29/04 04:16 PM Re: Seems to me like ol' [Re: jaynieskitchen]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Keep the blind faith going, FW. Sieg Heil.

"Yep. Jaynie's right. LGSU is a football school! Its fans are the best! Its tailgating is the best! It has the best game day atmosphere in the Big 12! It's even better than Nebraska, OU, and aTm!

Face it. LGSU has dominated the Big 8/12 for the last decade! Its coach will go down with Bear Bryant, Joe Pa, Knute Rockne and Bud Wilkinson as one of the all time greats. He will surpass Tom Osborne in terms of greatness, let alone Devaney.

Its football tradition rivals 'Bama, USC, ND, OU and Nebraska!

KU fans just don't get how awesome LGSU is! You're just jealous!"

#455 - 01/29/04 04:23 PM Sad... [Re: Leawood]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

Leawood, very sad.

Seek help.

#456 - 01/29/04 10:35 PM Re: Seems to me like ol' [Re: jaynieskitchen]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
And Jaynie...who made those BIO weapons? A MISERY GRADUATE! Oh well.............need to lighten up a bit or you too shall be banished to the SMACK Board!

Fact is that KU doesn't "crow" as much as you guys do on the good......but as for anything BAD, LGSU, hides more under the carpet than you and the rest of the blind (NOT) leading blind are and ever will be willing to admit. Not an accusation! Just a simple fact!

BTW: Did you enjoy last nights game? Wouldn't you just LOVE to trade just ONE of your decade of Dominance FB "W's" for just ONE , one win in hoops in Manhattan since 1983? Man KU has only had EIGHT Hoops Coaches in over 100 years and four of them are responsible for the STREAK that will never end! And the really sad part is, you guys need to win another 60 or so straight in football to even that series!

Now that is REALLY SAD INDEED!

RCJH! Don't worry, you won't have to play us again till next fall in football...(no way we'd ever meet in ANY Hoops tourney!).....but the Buddha has some surprises in store for your next Lawrence visit!

#457 - 01/30/04 07:35 AM Re: Seems to me like ol' [Re: jaynieskitchen]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Of course if your talking about the Kansas territory itself, KSU has hosted a series of lectures on the rural economy, the depopulation of rural Kansas and its return to tallgrass prarie and things of that ilk.

Whoa! Sounds like KSUck will be losing a lot of fans in the next few years!

RCJHKU!

#458 - 01/30/04 08:36 AM spent how much on something unlikely to happen in Kansas? [Re: jaynieskitchen]
rockymtnjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Colorado
"...yet another $10 million in research funding for food safety and bioterrorism KSU just received. Or congratulating a KSU professor who just pioneered a new Nanoparticle detoxification process for cleaning areas hit by BioWarfare Agents."

Are we expecting Great Bend to be attacked by BioWarfae Agents?

Personally, I am far more concerned about Mad Cow, CWD and other issues that affect food safety and such.

#459 - 01/30/04 09:46 AM Re: Sad... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Sad?? No, what's sad is a KSUer who has nothing better to do than spend his/her time on a KU message board.

BTW, nice performance by the "Top 10" women's basketball team against Nebraska. How bad was it?? Hmm.

And as for the men's basketball streak, it started when I was six. What a pathetic excuse for a Big 8/12 basketball team. Even BAYLOR has beaten Kansas in recent years. And COLORADO. Tsk, tsk.

#460 - 01/30/04 11:46 AM Re: Sad... [Re: jaihaux]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Yep. Jaynie's right. LGSU is a football school! Its fans are the best! Its tailgating is the best! It has the best game day atmosphere in the Big 12! It's even better than Nebraska, OU, and aTm!

Face it. LGSU has dominated the Big 8/12 for the last decade! Its coach will go down with Bear Bryant, Joe Pa, Knute Rockne and Bud Wilkinson as one of the all time greats. He will surpass Tom Osborne in terms of greatness, let alone Devaney.

Its football tradition rivals 'Bama, USC, ND, OU and Nebraska!

KU fans just don't get how awesome LGSU is! You're just jealous!"

#461 - 01/30/04 02:50 PM Bump...
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

keepin KSU the primary topic on this board as per usual.

108-6

RCJHFKU!!

#462 - 01/30/04 03:08 PM Re: Main Topic on LGSU Board [Re: jaynieskitchen]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

"Did anyone else realize that Willie did not go out on the court one time last night during a time out or halftime or anything. If he did I missed it. I know this is a "the good ole days" statement but back when I was student Willie could actually get the crowd into it ('90-93). I remember him coming out one time on stilts standing 10' tall with a big sign saying "Bring on Ostertag" and various other stunts. Now all I see is half hearted K S U letters with his body. It would have been a great opportunity to pull out the giant KSU flag when we cut it to 9 after trailing by 21 points. Also since they have gotten the jumbotron scoreboard all of the momentum is taken out of the game because they have to show a commercial at time out. The only time the crowd got into it is when they showed a football highlight, otherwise everyone just stares at the screen and sits on their hands. It also seems to me that the band lacks any kind of timing for when to play various songs to keep the crowd fired up. Years back they use to play the wabash at a specific time at the beginning of the game so it would end exactly when the horn would sound to start the game."

Sheesh. You almost feel sorry for FW trying so hard to talk about LGSU over here. All they can talk about on the LGSU board is their willie.

#463 - 01/30/04 04:49 PM Times... [Re: Leawood]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

change, look at the pathetic marching band KU puts on the field, now relagated to begging for new uniforms.

My former High School's marching band puts on a better performance then KU's marching band.

#464 - 01/30/04 05:42 PM Re: Times... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
OK, you're talking smack on the BAND.

Oh yeah tough guy?!?! My dad is bigger than your dad!

#465 - 02/02/04 07:38 PM Re: Times... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Look at your own band, with their whiskey jug and jew harp ensemble.

We did love flag boy a couple of years ago, however!

RCJHKU!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview