Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44963 - 02/03/07 09:42 PM aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...)
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
I am having a hard time finding the recap on the front page.....anyone else find it?

#44964 - 02/04/07 05:57 AM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: brando]
hawk61 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: somewhere watching a KU game
Nope...I didn't see it.

#44965 - 02/04/07 10:38 AM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: hawk61]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

oh wait....I see something now.....the last new story from yesterday....

#44966 - 02/04/07 06:19 PM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: brando]
hawks1111 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: OP,KS
Brando, they are never going to put this on the front page on a consistant basis.

It seems like no one will ever respect WBB because it doesn't bring in the "big bucks" like MBB and football.

it's sad that half the crowd at these games are full of kids, they aren't there to follow the game, they just want to get out of the house. it's one thing to see you and your daughter and your teaching her, but it's another thing when the kids are running around like they were at home.

#44967 - 02/05/07 08:47 AM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: brando]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

I am having a hard time finding the recap on the front page.....anyone else find it?

The LJW only props up winning teams at KU. Remember how little we saw of softball last year? Until they won the Big 12 Tournament and played in the NCAA Tournament?

#44968 - 02/05/07 01:30 PM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: jaihaux]
hawk61 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: somewhere watching a KU game
Quote:

Quote:

The LJW only props up winning teams at KU. Remember how little we saw of softball last year? Until they won the Big 12 Tournament and played in the NCAA Tournament?

You've got that right and it's truly sad.

#44969 - 02/05/07 02:58 PM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: hawk61]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Come on kids as Bruce Hornsby would sing...

Standing in line marking time--
Waiting for the welfare dime
'Cause they can't buy a job
The man in the silk suit hurries by
As he catches the poor old ladies' eyes
Just for fun he says "Get a job"

That's just the way it is
Some things will never change
That's just the way it is
But don't you believe them

That is just the way it is... Maybe a bad analogy but I feel a valid one is that the Chicago Wolves and Chicago Rush both have had recent championship seasons and they never get sports headlines in the papers. The Chicago Sky and Bandits get a paragraph at best in the papers. No, it is not right but as far as editors go and think, there are bigger, better, and most importantly, more popular things to report.

#44970 - 02/05/07 11:37 PM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: kuking123]
rgreene Offline
Board Owner

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
The reason for no recap was that I was busy doing updates and postgame at the men's game. I tried to find time to squeeze in a recap for the women, but my workload on game night is ridiculous. By the time i had time, the game story was going to be online in four hours anyway. There will be a recap for tomorrow's game against colorado. You guys need to be patient. I'm trying to improve women's coverage here, and you know rome wasn't built in a day :-) for the end of this season, I'm taking it upon myself to try my hardest and get the updates up personally. Next season it will be organized so that our night producers will be putting them up on a game-by-game basis. But for now, I'm adding it to my workload. If you have anything to grunt about this, send me a message and tell me personally, it doesn't need to be vented on a message board for all to see when i'm trying my hardest here, guys. Thanks.

Ryan

#44971 - 02/06/07 12:40 AM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: rgreene]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Fair enough ryan....

I appriciate what you are trying to do...just seems to suck that you are having to take on all the workload yourself....

#44972 - 02/06/07 08:11 AM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: rgreene]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
We're not blaming you Ryan. I think most of us understand and respect the work you do. But you shouldn't have to add this much more to your plate. WBB should be given fair play by LJW, and just passing it off to someone like it's a simple boxscore seems wrong.

#44973 - 02/06/07 08:45 AM Re: aTm 64 KU 53 (not that it is on the front page...) [Re: jaihaux]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Ryan - I will send you a p.m.... But it should be public that I do realize you are doing your best and you deserve credit for it. I in no way meant any harm in my original post. I was defending you and the board by stating the truth. You have priorities and I for one feel you are doing and did the right thing in terms of prioritizing.

Preview