Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42517 - 01/31/07 09:46 PM Women lose a heartbreaker to TTU tonight
flange Offline
John Brown

Loc: Folsom, CA
This was the first game I've been able to attend all season. We lead most of the way until surrendering the lead in the early 2nd half. Neither team led by more than six. We tied it up with a minute to go, and had the chance for the last shot twice, but didn't get a good shot.

Shaq Mosley was the best player on the floor tonight for either team, IMHO. Her dribble penetration setup much of our offense tonight, and I think she was one rebound away from a triple double.

Our biggest problem was turnovers. We had way too many telegraphed and errant passes. Had we been able to cut down the turnovers, we'd have had this game.

#42518 - 01/31/07 09:56 PM Re: Women lose a heartbreaker to TTU tonight [Re: flange]
WayOldHawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Kansas
I am not proud to say that each time I check the WBB scores I find exactly what I expect to find....the ladies have somehow lost another one. I'm unable to attend and we don't receive the TV replay. I suppose the "reasons" for losing change from game to game? Who knows? My worry is that I'll soon not much care.

#42519 - 02/01/07 12:06 PM Re: Women lose a heartbreaker to TTU tonight [Re: WayOldHawk]
RoyalHawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Old way...I can tell you that this team is not what Chuck makes them out to be. If all you can see if the score and read what's on here, don't give up on this team.

They do play defense (ask Kansas State if we play any D, just couldn't make a FREE throw or they would be on a 5 game skid) and they are rebounding they out rebounded the other team 3 out of the last 5 games. Chuck must not have gone to Kansas State or looked at any box scores of late. In eight conf. games they have given up 18 three's at a 24% clip, that leads the league in 3pt D. Some of that is due to us being undersized in the post, but the Canadian will give us some much needed size next yr.

From watching some of the home games and on tv, I see the biggest issue in the offense is the timing, people will be open and we throw it a half second late. It's not the sets from what I can see, it's a freshman being on the same page with a freshman to hit her coming off the screen a sec or two earlier so she has an open jumper instead of a contested one or Weddington is open and we throw late and it gets deflected. All correctable with experience.

All things that get better with time and experience. Robertson last showed what being a Sr. with 150+ games under her belt can do. Picked up a charge, picked Jacobs (freshman) and got a foul to go to the line and was a heck of an actress to draw a foul on McInitosh with 17 sec. all that in the 2nd half, all at important moments in the game.

Old Way hang in there, 61 is in control of the bus, you just stay on and will enjoy the next yrs I believe.

GO KU!!!!

Edited by RoyalHawk (02/01/07 12:07 PM)

#42520 - 02/01/07 09:13 PM Re: Women lose a heartbreaker to TTU tonight [Re: RoyalHawk]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
I agree its too early for a real fan to jump off the bandwagon. It ain't gonna get rolling at high speed till next year anyway, and by then nobody will want to jump off, especially with hawk61 behind the wheel. She ain't gonna slow it down for anybody.

The ladies are still playing hard, they are competitive, and they believe in Bonnieball. This is a very young team. It's a transition year as Bonnie makes this team her own with her own kids.

Let's not forget the magnificent job she did her first season when she inherited Marion's mess from the 0-16 season.

We've bottomed out. The future of this program is very bright. They'll turn the corner next year when the 6'4" Canadian joins the team.

#42521 - 02/02/07 06:34 AM if gipson doesn't return... [Re: jahawker2004]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
kansas will beat ksu at the fieldhouse.

#42522 - 02/02/07 05:31 PM Re: if gipson doesn't return... [Re: tmcats]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

kansas will beat ksu at the fieldhouse.

How bad is she hurt?

#42523 - 02/03/07 09:36 AM dislocated kneecap... [Re: jaihaux]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
poster say its 4 weeks to season ending. i have no clue. but this cat squad is pretty meek without their star.

#42524 - 02/03/07 10:11 AM Re: dislocated kneecap... [Re: tmcats]
hawk61 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: somewhere watching a KU game
That's too bad...I hate to hear of those kind of injuries.

Preview