Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407054 - 03/18/08 03:18 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st *** [Re: horton_hombre]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Wouldn't a better strategy be to not use our guys, but to use our cheerleaders to wear down opposing guards?

Did I just type that?

Bad 5D BAD BAD BAD.

#407055 - 03/18/08 03:21 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: DrPepper]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
You mean you passed up the chance to vote on Sherron's dinner menu? My choice, Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, must have won because he's lost the puppy fat.

#407056 - 03/18/08 03:22 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
ixamnis Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Great Bend, KS
Quote:

Wouldn't a better strategy be to not use our guys, but to use our cheerleaders to wear down opposing guards?

Did I just type that?

Bad 5D BAD BAD BAD.

That's not a bad suggestion, but I might clarify that the cheerleaders should start wearing down the opposing players about 2 hours before game time. Once the game starts, the team should step in and take over.

... uh ... so to speak.

#407057 - 03/18/08 03:33 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: ixamnis]
DarthJayhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Hatin' Mark May
Funniest thread so far this week.

#407058 - 03/18/08 03:41 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: DarthJayhawk]
IH8KST8 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Dear Coach,

I propose that we forfeit the #1 seed, from my calculations - it goes to show that you and the team have played enough this year, and have won enough -

Why take the chance of ending the year on a negative note?

I mean come on coach!! Look at Brett Farve - he let go, even when he knew that there was a chance to win again- everyone like's him.

Who want's to take the chance on not winning anyway? It is way safer to just take your pretty throphy and championship - and go out a champion-

If you do plan on playing in this tournament and taking a chance at not winning the whole thing (Roll's Eye's)- Then please do us a favor and let B. Rush shoot from Half Court -
I have watched every game this year, and they have YET to guard him at the half court line......let him launch!!!!

Thanks for listening Coach -

#407059 - 03/18/08 03:43 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: IH8KST8]
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
Could this be the tuby thread for the tournement this year?

Edited by 1985hawk (03/18/08 03:49 PM)

#407060 - 03/18/08 05:09 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Loc: Got a gal in Kalamazoo
Quote:

Unless your friend's name is John Wooden, you're better off keeping your trap shut. Trust me. I ASSURE you that you aren't going to tell Self anything he hasn't noticed himself, or heard from one of his assistants.

This is John Wooden. I am indeed the friend that jayhawker_97 mentioned. Just came on your board to hate on the Bruins a little bit.

I'm getting awfully sick of the thuggish style of play of the UCLA squads under Howland, and I've been appalled by the biased hometown officiating that marks their games. (In my day, we didn't have to rely on the referees to bail us out game after game during our 88-game winning streak.) I am especially sick of that pudgy punk Kevin Love, who keeps calling me up for advice. I gave him Bill Walton's number, but he says Bill is toked out on ganja and can't focus on his questions. All Bill says to him is, "That was TURRRIBLE!!!!!"

And what's with that yellow "C" on the uniform? It looks ridiculous, like one of those "AERO" sweatshirts the kids at the mall wear nowadays!

Anyway, I've about had it with this year's squad of Bruins. As a result, I'm switching my allegiance to KU, for whom I have fond memories because, as you all know, I worked on the KU campus one summer on my way out west, helping to pour concrete for the footings of Memorial Stadium. Once upon a time, I gave my blood and sweat to Mount Oread.

What I'm leading up to is this: I've got a sh!tload of advice for Coach Self to help his squad reach the Final Four and want to know how I can reach him. Anyone have any ideas? Being older than the hills, I'm not too savvy on this Internet stuff.

#407061 - 03/18/08 06:13 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: horton_hombre]
CPAHawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Dear Posters:

Thank you for your excellent advice and tips. I actually get most of my game plan from this very board. In fact, I've come to value your knowledge and insight so much that I have fired my assistant coaches and scouting staff and will, from this moment on, rely exclusively on this board for the rest of the tournament run. I have no doubt that the genius of Horton Hombre (I affectionately refer to him as "Mucho Hombre"), Brando, 5Decade and the like, will emerge to carry us all the way to a championship.

So, tell me, do we go with Russ Rob or Sherron to open against PSU?

Sincerely,

Coach Self

#407062 - 03/18/08 06:18 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: CPAHawk]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Loc: Got a gal in Kalamazoo
Neither. Start Case. He's due.

#407063 - 03/18/08 06:21 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: horton_hombre]
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
Case was hot on senior night! But I think we need to stick to our plan the whole season. No need to right the ship.

#407064 - 03/18/08 06:23 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: horton_hombre]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
Dear Coach Self:

Please don't pay attention to horton_hombre. He was joking but forgot to use the sarcasm emoticon. In all seriousness, start Reed.

Kindest regards, etc. etc.

PS: Coach Wooden, your interest in our welfare is deeply appreciated. However, your connection with KU notwitstanding, we get all the help we need from our own HOF alumni -- KU's own Dean Smith. But thanks for your interest and we're glad your feeling well enough to post.

#407065 - 03/18/08 06:29 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: CPAHawk]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Coach Self-

Thanks for the props, dude. Pay special attention to the Official Game Thread as this is where all the really good coaches hang out.

Oh, play Cole. He's huge.

#407066 - 03/18/08 06:33 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Coach, tell Brandon NOT to drive to the basket. Stay on the wings and pop 'em from deep. Tell Kaun and Arthur to FINISH down low. Oh, and tell them to keep sizzling from three.

#407067 - 03/18/08 06:45 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: kellyfenton]
Zhawk06 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Washington D.C.
Note to Self: Don't pay attention to us.

#407068 - 03/18/08 06:47 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jaihaux]
PhoG_Rat Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Datcote:-)
Quote:

I want to send him the diagram for "65 Toss Power Trap."

Ah yes, then we could matriculate down the court with the greatest of ease against these Vikings.

Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >

Preview