Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407039 - 03/17/08 11:02 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st *** [Re: 1985hawk]
neilster Offline
John Brown

Loc: Overland Park KS
Dear Bill,

In order to make a title run, please don't start Tyrel Reed. Not that I don't think he's a fine player-- I just don't think he's ready yet.

You don't need to write me back, as I know you are very busy this time of year. But if you don't start Tyrel Reed and we win the national Championship, you're welcome. And when the staff gets fitted for championship rings, please remember that I have long bony fingers.

Your Pal,
Neilster

PS- Would it kill you to score a few more alley-oop dunks? I like those the best.

#407040 - 03/17/08 11:24 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawker_97]
T_H_E Offline
Baby Jay

I'm not sure, but it might have been
Bill Raftery who said:
"Coaches who take advice from fans
inevitably end up sitting with them".

#407041 - 03/18/08 09:06 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: T_H_E]
imjayhawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

I'm not sure, but it might have been
Bill Raftery who said:
"Coaches who take advice from fans
inevitably end up sitting with them".

Good one - Get it you all know-it-all fans????

#407042 - 03/18/08 09:11 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: jayhawker_97]
dapipelaya Offline
Mizzou douche

Loc: Going down on Chase Daniel
Quote:

my friend and i both agree that we've got to utilize our guys more to wear out opponents' guards.
one of the examples is today against Tex.
i thought DJ was too exhausted to concentrate on making shots in 2nd half.
great execution by our team. i wasn't sure if that was part of coach Self strategy.
not to mean to outsmart coach, but i think sometimes it's useful if coach hear from fans/observers what might help our team to be a better team.
is there any way to have coach Self listen to our advice/concern/praise?
any more suggestions?

yea, like coach self gives a flying f$&# about what you think.. how would you feel if every joe schmo off the street tried to tell you how to do your job..he's a good coach..he know's what he's doing..let him be!

#407043 - 03/18/08 09:24 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: imjayhawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I hope this is just getting warmed up.
What fun! Great way to get through till Thursday.

Bill, CLICK the "back" button.

#407044 - 03/18/08 12:33 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: appyhawk]
njthomas Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: wichita, ks
Back around 1963, just after the 62-63 season, John Wooden and I were sunning ourselves on this beautiful sandy beach, sipping on Mai Tais, and commiserating Wooden's second consecutive failed trip to the tourney and his fifth failed trip over all. It was a dark time (figuratively - is was sunny, balmy, and beautiful in the literal sense).

And then inspiration struck. "Johnny," I said to him, "I got it!"

After a dramatic pause, I said, "It's simple. Sure, you have your seven rules, but you missed the most important one!"

"What's that?" he asked.

"Make'm laugh!"

"Make'm laugh?"

"Make'm laugh!"

After the inexplicable synchronized singing and dancing that burst forth, Wooden thanked me for my advice and walked away. Guess what happened for the next 12 years?

#407045 - 03/18/08 01:30 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: njthomas]
jayhawk96 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Denver
Dear Bill,

Do you like me?

___Yes

___No

XOXO,

#407046 - 03/18/08 01:35 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawk96]
aldo2121 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Oak Harbor, Wa

__X_Yes

___No

Regards,

HCBS

#407047 - 03/18/08 01:37 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: aldo2121]
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
Sex scandle at KU!

#407048 - 03/18/08 01:46 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: aldo2121]
jayhawk96 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Denver
Quote:

__X_Yes

___No

Regards,

HCBS

I KNEW IT!

#407049 - 03/18/08 01:59 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: 1985hawk]
neilster Offline
John Brown

Loc: Overland Park KS
Quote:

Sex scandle at KU!

There's a spelling scandle too!

(Ok, sorry, I'm not the grammar police, just thought it was too good to pass up!)

#407050 - 03/18/08 02:07 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawker_97]
ixamnis Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Great Bend, KS
Quote:

my friend and i both agree that we've got to utilize our guys more to wear out opponents' guards.
great execution by our team. i wasn't sure if that was part of coach Self strategy.
not to mean to outsmart coach, but i think sometimes it's useful if coach hear from fans/observers what might help our team to be a better team.
any more suggestions?

123 posts and you're giving advice to the best coach in the NCAA.

I think they only take direct advice from posters who've earned the title "Max Falkenstein/Falkenstien". Although, I'm SURE they read the board to get pointers all the time.

#407051 - 03/18/08 02:17 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: ixamnis]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
"I'm SURE they read the board to get pointers all the time."

Bank on it.
You think they want credit for all the plays that don't work?

#407052 - 03/18/08 03:08 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: ixamnis]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Loc: Got a gal in Kalamazoo
Quote:

Quote:

any more suggestions?

123 posts and you're giving advice to the best coach in the NCAA.

I think they only take direct advice from posters who've earned the title "Max Falkenstein/Falkenstien". Although, I'm SURE they read the board to get pointers all the time.

I'm not sure what this means--"we've got to utilize our guys more to wear out opponents' guards." What does that mean? Rotate more players in? We only used one reserve in the backcourt against Texas, and yet the poster 97 cites the example of DJ being too exhausted in the second half to make shots as confirmation of the wisdom of this apparent advice to Bill to play more players. (Unless "DJ" means Darnell Jackson.)

I'm thoroughly confused and would like a clarification. And I'm sure Bill is as confused as I am regarding this post, probably scratching his head and losing sleep over it. Perhaps if he knew what the poster was talking about, he might just take his advice, and we would be home free for making the Final Four.

#407053 - 03/18/08 03:16 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: appyhawk]
DrPepper Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Didn't you get the little postcard in the mail with the return postage? I get it confused each year with the dry investment fund legal papers about voting that get mass mailed.

I never submit them because I don't think my vote really counts. Instead, I keep them as free KU memorabilia. I have all the recent ones in a frame over my fireplace.

Kaun to inbounds or Arthur?
Center court Jayhawk facing north or south?
windsprints or treadmill for passing up a shot?
Trajan font for new logo?
Should Julian be allowed to bring the ball up?
Red unis or gold?
GiveNGo,PickNRoll, or PickNPop?
rocking chair or candle sticks?
hi-low or low-hi?
updates to AFH or build in JoCo?
Nike or Adidas?
offer scholarship to BRush?
3 bigs or 3 guards?
Spit in the river or behave like men?
ban certain hangouts or initiate curfew?
hands up defense or stare down the bellybutton?
clear mouth guards or red?
give player X the boot?
Great Alaska Shootout or Maui Invitational?
Motion, Flex, or 1-4?

Just yesterday I got: Fly or drive to Omaha?

Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 >

Preview