Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407009 - 03/17/08 08:04 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st *** [Re: LisaT]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm sure this has been said ...

In a word: don't!

Even *I'M* smart enough to realize this.

Wish them well, make banners, show up at rallies, send a note to the basketball office I suppose, or even send a card to the Qwest Center in Omaha.

Though we know they are all going to be a little pre-occupied at the moment.

#407010 - 03/17/08 08:09 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawker_97]
ku_painter Offline
Pixel Gangster

Loc: Rockin a dial-up connection
Quote:

o'right.. you guys have coached me enough.. i guess i'm too paranoid about facing Clemson and Georgetown in midwest.
i got it. moving on guys.. let's all hope KU will win all the way this year!

No no no. You can't back off this now, stick to your guns and really work hard to get your suggestions to Bill Self. I would love nothing more than to be sitting on my couch Thursday and see the basketball equivalent of The Statue of Liberty. Then I can think to myself as I slug down some beer..." jayhawker_97......you are a coaching genius....well played sir, well played.

#407011 - 03/17/08 09:42 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: ku_painter]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Man this is fun stuff. From ALL concerned.
Like everyone, there have been times when I'd like to bend Bill's ear...like after (heck, DURING) our Moody OT loss at Misery a few years ago! I couldn't believe a D! coach could make such an obvious blunder.
The game in KC yesterday showed us something we haven't noticed often enough in the past.
Our guys played at a high level all game long, but that alone wasn't going to get the job done.
BILL SELF coached one hell of a game yesterday. He was busy tip to gun making the right moves. Superb performance from players, yes, but also by our coach.

www.cappersoverlay.com

#407012 - 03/17/08 10:00 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: appyhawk]
jaybird Offline
Baby Jay

Well said appy.

#407013 - 03/17/08 10:03 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jaybird]
Dr_Drakkar Offline
call me Hillary

Greatest. Thread title. Ever.

#407014 - 03/17/08 10:47 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: Dr_Drakkar]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Here is my advice to Coach Self:

1. Could you please act as a father figure to the guys, it seems the last few years they have had a lot of personal treadgedy and problems facing them.

2. Could you please work with the big guys, especially Kaun and Jackson, they have so much potential but need a little push forward, or better yet, bring in a guy who has "been there" to teach them and even work out with them.

3. Could you please challenge each individual team member to think of themselves as a unit that needs to ebb and flow and adjust during each game based on the opponent and who is hot that day for KU.

4. Could you please publicly call out any guys that are underperforming, to try and challenge them to excellence each game.

Wait....you have done all of that and more, I just got tired of typing. Bill Self, you are the MAN! Respect...

#407015 - 03/17/08 10:49 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: LisaT]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Loc: Boulder, CO
I know these things have to come about organically, but I sure wish this thread could become the new Tuby when Tuby is retired after the title this year.

#407016 - 03/17/08 11:29 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
imjayhawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I say REST .. REST and REST. Give all these boys some good massage and sex.

Note to Self - Keep them boys hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#407017 - 03/17/08 11:32 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: imjayhawk]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

WTF????

#407018 - 03/17/08 11:46 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: LisaT]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
I'm actually quite surprised you haven't used the suggestion box by now.
The other day, I noticed Arthur was picking up too many fouls too early.
I wrote Self, "Self, Arthur should be careful about his fouls."
Sure enough, what happened yesterday? He listens.

#407019 - 03/17/08 11:55 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: LisaT]
imjayhawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

WTF????

Quote:

Quote:

WTF????

#407020 - 03/17/08 11:56 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: pwhittemore]
Dr_Drakkar Offline
call me Hillary

Well done Paul. lol

#407021 - 03/17/08 12:07 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: neilster]
RockChalk147 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

Anyone ever lurk on the UNC board? A couple of years ago, someone asked how he could get a play to Roy.
(about 3 pages of ridicule)
He said that Roy would love to have a great play thought of by a fan.
(about 4 pages of ridicule)
He said, no seriously it's an incredible play, it works all the time in his rec. league.
(about 10 pages of ridicule)
Finally he described the play... One guard crosses the other at the top of the key, and when the other card sets a pick, the guard with the ball bounces the ball through the other player's legs, and bam, wide open for the three!

The entire thread was about 30 pages long, the TarHell equivilent to Tuby. Funnies thing I've ever read.

link to this? i need a good laugh!!

#407022 - 03/17/08 06:04 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: neilster]
IH8KST8 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

If you get in to HCBS office - please make sure you let him know that the "Dribble down and hand the ball off play - wont work in the NCAA Tourny"

I am sure he has forgot and will be excited to be reminded.

#407023 - 03/17/08 06:18 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: IH8KST8]
FELONY Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: HEART OF THE NATION
Buahahahahahahahahahaha!

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >

Preview