Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406994 - 03/16/08 10:39 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? *** [Re: jayhawker_97]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Loc: Boulder, CO
Quote:

my friend and i both agree that we've got to utilize our guys more to wear out opponents' guards.
one of the examples is today against Tex.
i thought DJ was too exhausted to concentrate on making shots in 2nd half.
great execution by our team. i wasn't sure if that was part of coach Self strategy.
not to mean to outsmart coach, but i think sometimes it's useful if coach hear from fans/observers what might help our team to be a better team.
is there any way to have coach Self listen to our advice/concern/praise?
any more suggestions?

Unless your friend's name is John Wooden, you're better off keeping your trap shut. Trust me. I ASSURE you that you aren't going to tell Self anything he hasn't noticed himself, or heard from one of his assistants.

#406995 - 03/16/08 10:43 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: WDNR2007]
Morgansraider Offline
Why...So...Serious????

How do I contact Bill Self's wife? I want to tell her how he gave me ANAL WARTS and advise her accordingly.

#406996 - 03/16/08 11:15 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: Morgansraider]
cwf414 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Kansas
Somebody ban this guy!

#406997 - 03/16/08 11:18 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawker_97]
CPAHawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Son, you'd better just focus on your American History test or maybe work on your science project. It would be a pity to have to repeat 6th grade.

#406998 - 03/16/08 11:19 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: Morgansraider]
njthomas Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: wichita, ks
I actually figured out how to get my advice heard, once.

It was pretty simple. First, I casually stroll up to Self, while he's eating lunch on campus. Then I say, "you're with me, leather."

Curiously, he looks up. "Stephen A. Smith loves his cheesey doodles?" he asks.

I put my finger to my nose, wink, and say with wisdom in my eyes, "Bang goes the dynamite."

#406999 - 03/16/08 11:52 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: njthomas]
hayshawk Offline
Eternal Hawk

Dude, you really set yourself up on this one. Self has won 80% of his games a KU and had a hell of a good record with lesser talent at other schools. I'm sure he would appreciate your insight and all, but why don't you let him do what he does best which is coaching and you can do what you do best which is watching. If you follow that strategy, I promise, everyone involved will come out winners and you won't even have to stay up late coming up with gameplans for the 31-3 Kansas Jayhawks.

#407000 - 03/17/08 12:01 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: hayshawk]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
I wonder if Bill Self lies in bed at night, thinking to himself:

"Gee, I wonder if anyone at kusports.com has any good ideas on how to beat Portland State and make a run to the Final Four."

#407001 - 03/17/08 12:40 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: Morgansraider]
RockChuck Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

How do I contact Bill Self's wife? I want to tell her how he gave me ANAL WARTS and advise her accordingly.

Gutter tells everyone he's Bill Self.

#407002 - 03/17/08 12:43 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: neilster]
BBallplayer12 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Kansas
lol

#407003 - 03/17/08 03:55 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: LisaT]
E4KUJHawks Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS: Jayhawk Country
Quote:

Quote:

my friend and i both agree that we've got to utilize our guys more to wear out opponents' guards.
one of the examples is today against Tex.
i thought DJ was too exhausted to concentrate on making shots in 2nd half.
great execution by our team. i wasn't sure if that was part of coach Self strategy.
not to mean to outsmart coach, but i think sometimes it's useful if coach hear from fans/observers what might help our team to be a better team.
is there any way to have coach Self listen to our advice/concern/praise?
any more suggestions?

I just can't find words to reply here...........silence.....

+1 , I'm with you.........silent pondering........

#407004 - 03/17/08 04:22 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: E4KUJHawks]
jayhawker_97 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: silly valley
o'right.. you guys have coached me enough.. i guess i'm too paranoid about facing Clemson and Georgetown in midwest.
i got it. moving on guys.. let's all hope KU will win all the way this year!

#407005 - 03/17/08 06:59 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: neilster]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
I see someone got a hold of my stupid pills over the weekend. It seems a bit obvious 97 is either Irish and "celebrated" a bit too much or got a hold of some of Humbolt Counties finest. I mean seriously 97 - do you think YOU can help Coach Self get KU to the Final Four? The problem is that Coach Self is too kind and sometimes actually does listen to and respond to fans suggestions - although I figure he is yet to use any fan "advice". He should just say - I think I know our team better than the fans do. I appreciate the suggestions but I am getting paid a lot of money to "control" the team and our team is pretty damn good and on our way to San Antonio - Thanks anyways.

So you know for a fact we will face Clemson and/or Georgetown? The only advice you or any other fan MAY be entitled to give Self is that if we lose in the first round to Portland State - We can SUGGEST to Self that he take the OSU job if offered to him.

Edited by larryb (03/17/08 08:08 AM)

#407006 - 03/17/08 07:07 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: larryb]
E4KUJHawks Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS: Jayhawk Country
Here's my advice to coach self and our players......

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!! lol.

#407007 - 03/17/08 07:38 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: E4KUJHawks]
jaybird Offline
Baby Jay

I don't care who your are, this post is funny.

#407008 - 03/17/08 07:54 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawker_97]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

o'right.. you guys have coached me enough.. i guess i'm too paranoid about facing Clemson and Georgetown in midwest.
i got it. moving on guys.. let's all hope KU will win all the way this year!

Reason at last...have some confidence!

Rock Chalk

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >

Preview