Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407144 - 04/03/08 11:07 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st *** [Re: jayhawklaw]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Loc: Boulder, CO
Well since no one wanted to get behind the idea, I guess you got your wish. Look man, I was just trying to do something good for the team. I know most of you probably think I'm nuts...but hey, I don't want to look back on this Final Four and say "There's more that I could have done, dammit!"

My old man always taught me, "Son, if you're going to do something, you don't do it half way. You do it the WHOLE way. Don't stop in the middle, boy, cause that ain't enough. You have to continue to the end. See it through. Finish the job, as it were." So, that has stuck with me to this day.

If any of you were wondering, I just went ahead and made up my own list of suggestions and faxed them to KU Athletics, Inc. this morning. I haven't heard back but I imagine that they have a way to fax them on to Coach in San Antonio. I wish I could have had more input, but hopefully there will be a nugget or two of good info for the team.

But hey, let's not spend our time arguing. Let's all get along and just cheer for the HAWKS!!!!!!

#407145 - 04/03/08 11:10 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Free State Lobby
I admire your passion. I also admire that you have probably guaranteed this thread stays alive for another week.

#407146 - 04/03/08 11:37 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Quote:

I admire your passion. I also admire that you have probably guaranteed this thread stays alive for another week.

Hey, thanks a lot!

#407147 - 04/03/08 12:36 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
CPAHawk Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I, as well, faxed a list of suggestions, plays, tips, and observations to, not the KU athletic department, but to the housekeeping department of the hotel at which the team is staying.

Yes sir, I am confident that, as I watch the game on Saturday, that I will see at least one or two of my little nuggets being used in the game.

When you see our boys apply a tight, aggressive, man to man defense? That was my idea!

When weakside defense comes over to double on Hansborough in the post? Again, my idea!

Sherron's dribble penetration and then kick out to BR or MC for a three? You're welcome for that one too Coach Self!

In fact, Jayhawk nation, you are all welcome. I see it as my duty to not miss a single opportunity to use my experience from all those years of town team and church league basketball for the benefit of our team.

Again, you are welcome!

#407148 - 04/03/08 12:47 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: CPAHawk]
MDiggity Offline
Baby Jay

Dibs on all Kaun, Arthur, and Jackson thunder dunks--mine.

I also suggested that Mario, Brandon, Sherron, and Russ Rob steal the ball whenever possible.

Watch for my game changer idea. . .I won't tell you what it is but when they highlight the "game changing perfomance" or "play of the game" you can thank me for the brilliance.

#407149 - 04/03/08 01:02 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

If any of you were wondering, I just went ahead and made up my own list of suggestions and faxed them to KU Athletics, Inc. this morning. I haven't heard back but I imagine that they have a way to fax them on to Coach in San Antonio. I wish I could have had more input, but hopefully there will be a nugget or two of good info for the team.

1. You deserve credit for actually sending the suggestions, not these people who say they sent suggestions, but didn't.

2. I'm kind of surprised the Athletics Department hasn't gotten back to you for more, or even to say thanks.

3. I bet the Athletics Department will find a way to get your suggestions pronto. It will probably take some time, though, to get back to you with their/Bill Self's thanks. Don't skip any trips to the mailbox, though.

4. I'm curious about your suggestions, but don't post them publicly. I don't want Roy to see them. I know there are secret UNC fans on this site that also contact their coach with suggestions, too.

5. I am glad the tenor of this board and thread didn't keep you from doing what you thought was best for the team.

#407150 - 04/03/08 02:06 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
njthomas Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: wichita, ks
As many of you know or have heard, Bill Self emailed every student individually (With personalized greeting!) to suggest we all watch the game at Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday.

Obviously, I replied. What BS!

I thanked him for his suggestion, but then let it be known that Bill Self IS NOT a fan of KU basketball. He is the coach. Maybe he should just stick to coaching and let people more qualified than him - THE FANS - decide where they are going to watch the game!

#407151 - 04/03/08 02:08 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: kucard]
BBallplayer12 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

Oh, hey guys. I was IM'ing Bill last night and told him we had some ideas. He said we should go ahead and send them to his new address, he'll just pick them up at the front desk:

Athletics Center
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078

haha okay i like that. lol

#407152 - 04/03/08 02:38 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: BBallplayer12]
Jayhawker05 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS

Edited by Jayhawker05 (04/03/08 02:38 PM)

#407153 - 04/03/08 04:34 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: neilster]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Bad Idea Jeans

Guy #1.....Kevin Nealon

[ open on group of guys sitting on a bench on a basketball court, laughing ]

Guy #1: Hey, we've got our apartment. We ripped up the floors, pipes, wiring, and having everything completely redone.

Guy #2: You're renting, right?

Guy #1: Yeah.

[ image on screen: BAD IDEA ]

Guy #3: Well, he's an ex free-base addict, and he's trying to turn around, and he needs a place to stay for a couple of months.

Guy #1: [ tosses bottle to Guy #2 ] Head's up!

Guy #4: Now that I have kids, I feel a lot better having a gun in the house.

[ close-up of the jeans they're wearing, the label reads: BAD IDEA JEANS ]

Guy #3: I thought about it, and even though it's over, I'm going to tell my wife about the afffair.

[ more shots of BAD IDEA jeans ]

Guy #5: I don't know the guy, but I've got two kidneys and he needs one, so I figured..

Guy #2: Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?"

Announcer: Bad Idea Jeans.

[ shows a group of tough looking basketball players on the court ]

Guy #1: Hey, you guys ready? Let's bet these guys! A hundred bucks.. make that two hundred! Two hundred bucks!

[ fade to image on screen: BAD IDEA JEANS ]

[ fade out ]

#407154 - 04/03/08 04:41 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
heycobo Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
haha such an awesome snl skit.

#407155 - 04/03/08 05:32 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
Bad Idea Jeans

I thought this thread was just for fun, but if Coach Self is spending his time goofing around at the computer e-mailing thirty thousand people, someone better take control ....

#407156 - 04/03/08 07:10 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: bpritchett]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Thanks for finding the video. Much more effective than the transcript. Wish it had one more scene with one of them saying, "I'm thinking about trying to find a way to get some basketball suggestions for Coach Self on KUsports.com. Fade to black--Bad Idea.

#407157 - 04/05/08 02:10 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Can't wait to see if our stuff gets implemented!! I thought up a few last minute things but decided against sending them to Coach...I figure it might just throw him off last minute, and we need him 100 PERCENT focused on Carolina. Hopefully one of you that also found a way to get your suggestions in thought of it! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS GO KU!!

#407158 - 04/05/08 08:12 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: Jayhawker05]
HAWKN89 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Lawrence, Ks
Quote:

Eat mor chikn

Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >

Preview