Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407129 - 04/02/08 03:07 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st *** [Re: bpritchett]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Loc: Boulder, CO
I think we can weed out the unreasonable suggestions easily enough. Come on folks, let's do our part!

#407130 - 04/02/08 03:10 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: bpritchett]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Free State Lobby
Quote:

Impractical. The felines would take over and skew a poll like with ideas like "forty minutes of hell" and losing just so no one accuses you of running up the score.

I doubt it, because if the idea is really, really, really good, (and I'm sure it would be if a majority of us voted for it), Bill could see that the idea is really, really, really good. K-State and Missouri fans might give us ideas that they think are bad, but are actually good. So, in a way, we shouldn't just give Bill our opinions, we should give him everyone's opinions. Let the best idea win. That's Democracy.

#407131 - 04/02/08 03:16 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Quote:

I doubt it, because if the idea is really, really, really good, (and I'm sure it would be if a majority of us voted for it), Bill could see that the idea is really, really, really good. K-State and Missouri fans might give us ideas that they think are bad, but are actually good. So, in a way, we shouldn't just give Bill our opinions, we should give him everyone's opinions. Let the best idea win. That's Democracy.

No, see...that's the thing...if Bill gets to CHOOSE which suggestions he takes, he's going to subconsciously gravitate toward the suggestions that fit into his current coaching mold. I still say we need to get together, debate and get 5-10 solid, unified suggestions to Coach by tomorrow morning. If we come to him with ONE voice, he can't help but realize some things that he didn't notice before. This is a win-win for everyone.

#407132 - 04/02/08 04:22 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

You've got me convinced. Don't let Bill choose, I mean, heck, the reason we are sending him suggestions is because we think we can help the team improve. So, stick with the poll, take out unreasonable or suspicious ideas, select the best five to ten ideas, and submit them to Coach Self in time to incorporate them into his gameplan for Saturday. Do you think this will work?

#407133 - 04/02/08 04:25 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Definitely, but only if we can get other LOYAL HAWKS on board!!! Come on everyone, do you want to "Remember the Alamo" or not??!!??

#407134 - 04/02/08 04:55 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
ixamnis Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Great Bend, KS
One thing about playing in Texas: The Bar-B-Que is more like KC 'Q. Tomato based sauce with peppers. None of that mustard and vinegar crap; and no putting cole slaw on the BBQ sandwiches. That should give us an edge. The Q alone should throw UNC off their game.

...unless those panty-waists go for sushi.

#407135 - 04/02/08 05:07 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: ixamnis]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

WDNR, I think you and I are done here.

#407136 - 04/02/08 11:42 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
tomoon Offline
Prairie Warrior

We can beat UNC.

Defense:
SK/DJ/CA on TH. Leave DA out of foul trouble.
RR/MC on TL.

Offense:
Get the ball to the bigs. The bigs may cause TH in a foul trouble.
Let TL on SC. The defense on SC and been defended by RR/MC, TL may be very tired.

Note:
KU wasn't playing very well offensively as a team effort in last game with Davidson. (We did play great great defense!) We have been talking about "too unselfish" lately, but still, "unselfish" is important. Davidson almost beat us because they were playing as a team. Some players may concern their careers in NBA if they play unselfishly. In that case, please look at last year's Florida team. Almost everybody on that team went to NBA later, because they won the NC by playing the game with a great team effort.

PS: Just my two cents :-)

#407137 - 04/02/08 11:42 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: tomoon]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

eff it. bump

#407138 - 04/03/08 09:42 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
njthomas Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: wichita, ks
Quote:

Definitely, but only if we can get other LOYAL HAWKS on board!!! Come on everyone, do you want to "Remember the Alamo" or not??!!??

Wait. I'm confused. Are we equating Roy leaving KU to the death of around 300 people at the Alamo?

I think my life isn't complete if I don't read this thread at least once a day.

#407139 - 04/03/08 10:05 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: njthomas]
njthomas Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: wichita, ks
From Keegan's column today, where he suggests answers to questions for Self.

Coach, As you know, North Carolina loves to get up and down the court in a hurry. Do you plan to run with the Tar Heels or are you going to try to frustrate them by slowing it down?

Actually, even though we have five fast players on the court at all times, and even though we went 35-3, gained a share of the Big 12 title, and defeated Texas in the Big 12 tournament title game, were going to spend the week walking away from who we are as a team. Were going to walk the ball up the floor, because we think our 35-3 record is a mirage. Were going to run the weave for 25 seconds of the 35-second shot clock and then try to score.

#407140 - 04/03/08 10:40 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

I really hope you were putting us on. You weren't really being serious were you?

#407141 - 04/03/08 10:43 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Quote:

Quote:

I really hope you were putting us on. You weren't really being serious were you?

What do you mean?

#407142 - 04/03/08 10:56 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
Neiha Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Kansas
Jayhawk prayer

Our Father, who art in Lawrence,

Hallowed be thy Game.

Thy tourney come,

Thy championship will be done,

In San Antonio as it is in Allen Field House.

Give us this day our deserved victories.

And forgive us our turnovers,

As we forgive Roy who double-crossed against us.

And lead us not into defeat,

But deliver us from East Coast bias,

For Kansas is the basketball kingdom,

And the tradition,

And the glory,

For ever and ever.

Amen.

BEAK 'EM HAWKS!!!!!!!

#407143 - 04/03/08 10:58 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

What do you mean?

I mean I hope you didn't really mean that we should take a poll of opinions on how the team could play better against North Carolina and submit the poll results to Coach Self. I hope you didn't really post that on page ten of a thread that has been bashing the absurdity of this very same concept for weeks.

Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >

Preview