Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407114 - 04/02/08 09:24 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st *** [Re: njthomas]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Free State Lobby
Quote:

Quote:

Seriously though guys...this thread started with a good intention. Obviously we can't ALL get in touch with Coach, but if we all combine our ideas together and come up with a few good ones, we can present those to Coach in time for the game on Saturday. What do you think? I'm thinking we should probably try to get them in by Thursday morning so they have plenty of time to run through them in practice. Just because we're not all high-paid coaches doesn't mean we don't have some GREAT ideas sometimes...let's all join together to help KU basketball bring home a championship to Lawrence!

This is an excellent plan. I have the great idea ring of earth. Now, if I can simply find the 3 people with the great idea rings if wind, fire, and water, we'll have a SUPER great idea!

Not without heart.

#407115 - 04/02/08 09:26 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

#407116 - 04/02/08 11:56 AM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: njthomas]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Loc: Boulder, CO
Quote:

Quote:

Seriously though guys...this thread started with a good intention. Obviously we can't ALL get in touch with Coach, but if we all combine our ideas together and come up with a few good ones, we can present those to Coach in time for the game on Saturday. What do you think? I'm thinking we should probably try to get them in by Thursday morning so they have plenty of time to run through them in practice. Just because we're not all high-paid coaches doesn't mean we don't have some GREAT ideas sometimes...let's all join together to help KU basketball bring home a championship to Lawrence!

This is an excellent plan. I have the great idea ring of earth. Now, if I can simply find the 3 people with the great idea rings if wind, fire, and water, we'll have a SUPER great idea!

That's cool man. Laugh it up. No sweat off my back. I'm just trying to help the team...if that's something to laugh at then I guess you'll be laughing for a long time. I plan on doing whatever it takes. If it's helping Coach with a few tips (hey, it always helps to have a NEW set of eyes right?) then that is what I will do. Why sit around and talk about it on a message board when we can actually make a difference? Whatever helps you sleep at night friend.

#407117 - 04/02/08 12:08 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
kucard Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: chicago
Oh, hey guys. I was IM'ing Bill last night and told him we had some ideas. He said we should go ahead and send them to his new address, he'll just pick them up at the front desk:

Athletics Center
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078

#407118 - 04/02/08 12:10 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
njthomas Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: wichita, ks
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's cool man. Laugh it up. No sweat off my back. I'm just trying to help the team...if that's something to laugh at then I guess you'll be laughing for a long time. I plan on doing whatever it takes. If it's helping Coach with a few tips (hey, it always helps to have a NEW set of eyes right?) then that is what I will do. Why sit around and talk about it on a message board when we can actually make a difference? Whatever helps you sleep at night friend.

Oh wow... Were you being serious?

Wow.

#407119 - 04/02/08 12:12 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: kucard]
ixamnis Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Great Bend, KS
Here's my advice: BBQ. I hear they have some pretty good Q down there in Texas.

#407120 - 04/02/08 12:15 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: ixamnis]
jhawks99 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lexington, KY
I've read good reviews about Rudy's. Supposed to be good Mexican food down there as well.

How do we tell Bill about the best BBQ?

#407121 - 04/02/08 12:18 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jhawks99]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
Just a feeling, but I'm guessing if there's one thing Coach Self doesn't need our help on it's finding good BBQ. A good defensive scheme for Psycho T or how to work the refs, yes. BBQ, no.

#407122 - 04/02/08 12:28 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: bpritchett]
jayhawk96 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Denver
Keep bumping this! LMAO.

#407123 - 04/02/08 02:08 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
njthomas Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: wichita, ks
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not without heart.

Regrettably, as we all know, the ring of heart resides in North Carolina. Heart, in fact, could be our one downfall.

In terms of great ideas, that is.

#407124 - 04/02/08 02:16 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: njthomas]
rcjh88 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: kansas
hey coach self. i think we should play man to man defense saturday night. maybe mix in some zone or a little half court trap. what do you think?

#407125 - 04/02/08 02:21 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: rcjh88]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Someone should just put a poll up so that Bill is not flooded by a bunch of different ideas, but instead, he sees what the majority of us want. No voting twice.

#407126 - 04/02/08 02:28 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawker_97]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

o'right.. you guys have coached me enough.. i guess i'm too paranoid about facing Clemson and Georgetown in midwest.
i got it. moving on guys.. let's all hope KU will win all the way this year!

This thing has survived much longer than he thought it would. Tried to bury it two weeks ago--yikes.

#407127 - 04/02/08 02:56 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: jayhawklaw]
WDNR2007 Offline
Peasant-O-Douche

Loc: Boulder, CO
Quote:

Someone should just put a poll up so that Bill is not flooded by a bunch of different ideas, but instead, he sees what the majority of us want. No voting twice.

Exactly...this is the kind of cooperation I think we need to see. I'm sure Coach wouldn't be offended. We don't mean to say we're better coaches than he is...it's just that sometimes when you're so close to a situtation, you can't remove yourself enough to see it for what it really is. I guarantee you Coach would really appreciate a well put together, organized list of comments that might help us beat UNC and/or Memphis/UCLA. Who can get this going? I'd do it myself but I don't know how.

#407128 - 04/02/08 03:00 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: WDNR2007]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
Impractical. The felines would take over and skew a poll like with ideas like "forty minutes of hell" and losing just so no one accuses you of running up the score.

Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 >

Preview