Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406979 - 03/16/08 10:04 PM how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? ***
jayhawker_97 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: silly valley
my friend and i both agree that we've got to utilize our guys more to wear out opponents' guards.
one of the examples is today against Tex.
i thought DJ was too exhausted to concentrate on making shots in 2nd half.
great execution by our team. i wasn't sure if that was part of coach Self strategy.
not to mean to outsmart coach, but i think sometimes it's useful if coach hear from fans/observers what might help our team to be a better team.
is there any way to have coach Self listen to our advice/concern/praise?
any more suggestions?

#406980 - 03/16/08 10:07 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: jayhawker_97]
elvis151 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Kansas
Yeah, I suggest that you don't delude yourself into thinking that Coach Self, and his staff, want, need, or will read your advice......

#406981 - 03/16/08 10:07 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: jayhawker_97]
kuhawk2005 Offline
Baby Jay

Yeah by calling Hawktalk with Bill Self Monday Night. Or e-mail the show via Kuathletics.com

#406982 - 03/16/08 10:07 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: jayhawker_97]
BBallplayer12 Offline
John Brown

call him

just kidding i dont know

#406983 - 03/16/08 10:07 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: jayhawker_97]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
I've got one:

Shut up. There's a reason Self gets seven figures to do what he does.

#406984 - 03/16/08 10:10 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: JFish26]
ColoHawk2 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado Springs
His secretary took e-mails last year at "joanstep@ku.edu"

#406985 - 03/16/08 10:14 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: ColoHawk2]
jayhawker_97 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: silly valley
thanks to those who responded positively. i knew coach Self wouldn't mind some humble advice from fans/observers. he'll acknowledge the intention. he knows he's not Bonnie.
get it?

#406986 - 03/16/08 10:15 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: ColoHawk2]
elvis151 Offline
Baby Jay

I mean, are you serious about this??? We're 31-3, just beat one of the best teams in the country, have a No 1 seed, a 3rd straight Big 12 Title, and you think he needs your advice? Wow.

While you're at it, why don't you run down to the hospital and tell the ER docs how to stitch up a wound; explain to the surgeons that they need to do a better job in surgery and tell them how you would operatel show the nurses what they are doing wron and fix any insurance problems people are having......

#406987 - 03/16/08 10:19 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: elvis151]
BBallplayer12 Offline
John Brown

LOL now thats funny. . .

#406988 - 03/16/08 10:20 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: elvis151]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
And s/he stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

#406989 - 03/16/08 10:20 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: jayhawker_97]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

my friend and i both agree that we've got to utilize our guys more to wear out opponents' guards.
one of the examples is today against Tex.
i thought DJ was too exhausted to concentrate on making shots in 2nd half.
great execution by our team. i wasn't sure if that was part of coach Self strategy.
not to mean to outsmart coach, but i think sometimes it's useful if coach hear from fans/observers what might help our team to be a better team.
is there any way to have coach Self listen to our advice/concern/praise?
any more suggestions?

I just can't find words to reply here...........silence.....

#406990 - 03/16/08 10:25 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: LisaT]
bombDiggiD Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Golden
No offense, but don't stop t o think for one second that coach hasn't already thought about your advice.

He has his reasons for what he does.

#406991 - 03/16/08 10:25 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & staff? [Re: bpritchett]
ColdWarKid Offline
Wildcat Killer

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

And s/he stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Now that's f*cking funny.

Come on jayhawker 97, you had to see this one coming with this crowd. I'd just let it roll off your back, and hope most people are already in bed.

Edit/PS: Look at it this way: In my line of work, if a stranger started giving me suggestions on how to do my job, I'd be seriously pissed, I mean, I feel sorry in advance for anyone who ever tries cuz I will unleash on that mofo, I ain't even kidding. And Bill Self has repeatedly said he doesn't care what the public thinks.

Edited by ColdWarKid (03/16/08 10:29 PM)

#406992 - 03/16/08 10:33 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: elvis151]
bombDiggiD Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Golden
Quote:

While you're at it, why don't you run down to the hospital and tell the ER docs how to stitch up a wound; explain to the surgeons that they need to do a better job in surgery and tell them how you would operatel show the nurses what they are doing wron and fix any insurance problems people are having......

That's cruel too a guy trying to be serious, but so so funny.......

#406993 - 03/16/08 10:39 PM Re: how do we post advice/notes to coach Self & st [Re: bombDiggiD]
neilster Offline
John Brown

Loc: Overland Park KS
Anyone ever lurk on the UNC board? A couple of years ago, someone asked how he could get a play to Roy.
(about 3 pages of ridicule)
He said that Roy would love to have a great play thought of by a fan.
(about 4 pages of ridicule)
He said, no seriously it's an incredible play, it works all the time in his rec. league.
(about 10 pages of ridicule)
Finally he described the play... One guard crosses the other at the top of the key, and when the other card sets a pick, the guard with the ball bounces the ball through the other player's legs, and bam, wide open for the three!

The entire thread was about 30 pages long, the TarHell equivilent to Tuby. Funnies thing I've ever read.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >

Preview