Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37098 - 01/24/07 09:22 PM Ladies played some D, but lose
kufirst Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Kansas
What an ugly shooting display tonight in manhattan. Not sure what the numbers were yet, but I think our only 3-pointer was Kohn banking in a shot. Other than that there were a lot of air balls, with Kelly getting most of them.

Second half, KU picked up the defense a lot. When KSU missed shots, which was a lot of the time, KU cleaned up on the boards. Pretty amazing for a team as short as we are.

If only McCray would have made that last layup we would have gone into OT and I would have liked our chances to pull out an ugly win.

All in all a great defensive effort and a horrible offensive game, which included many turnovers and free throws were a disaster (had to be below %50).

#37099 - 01/24/07 09:28 PM sometimes... [Re: kufirst]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
getting a win can be unbearably difficult for a club on a losing streak, and at times even unfair.

your women played their hearts out tonight. they could just as well have won as lost.

kansas fans should be proud of their effort and bonnie's solid coaching job.

it was not fun to watch as a ksu fan.

#37100 - 01/24/07 10:19 PM Re: sometimes... [Re: tmcats]
hawks1111 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: OP,KS
Both teams shot poorly, Ksu couldn't get a board and the Hawks couldn't go more than 2 possesions without a turnover.
Shaq played a great game and McCray was do everything for us.
We just came up short, KSU made their free throws and we didn't but if we played them this well in their place we should win in Allen.

#37101 - 01/24/07 10:39 PM Re: sometimes... [Re: hawks1111]
kufirst Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Kansas
You would think this team would play better in Allen than on the road. But KU played ISU a lot closer in Ames than at home. Free Throws win games, it's been said over and over. KSU: 15-22 and KU: 7-18

But if KU can do this again, Rebounds: KU: 54 to KSU 31, we have a good chance.

Then again don't count on KSU going that cold from three range: 2-12

#37102 - 01/25/07 12:32 AM Re: sometimes... [Re: kufirst]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
What was the score? Wait...let me look on the front page........{crickets chirping}

#37103 - 01/25/07 10:06 AM 59-55... [Re: brando]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
it was closer than that.

#37104 - 01/25/07 10:10 AM Re: 59-55... [Re: tmcats]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
thanks TM....but I was able to get it from the kick ass article about the game on the front page this morning....

Preview