Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#35852 - 01/23/07 10:43 AM camerohead contract only proves...
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
there is little tie/if any left between big time sports and the university mission. sport has sold its soul to the almighty dollar. this is another case in point.

it's really sad to see a great collegiate rivalry reduced to the pro venue.

end the hypocrisy now please that suggests mbb and football contribute anything meaningful to the teaching and research mission of our universities. they are simply entertainment.

#35853 - 01/23/07 02:08 PM Re: camerohead contract only proves... [Re: tmcats]
dbackbone Offline
phognet shit-stirrer & Julian's scorned ex-lover

You are just figuring this out after hiring Thuggiebear?

#35854 - 01/23/07 02:36 PM Re: camerohead contract only proves... [Re: tmcats]
GoHawks1 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Did you make the same comments after the cats played Iowa and Cal in Arrowhead? I am sure your AD did nothing from the revenue from those games.

#35855 - 01/23/07 02:53 PM Re: camerohead contract only proves... [Re: GoHawks1]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Army - Navy Do the "schools" get the revenue or the U.S. government? Do they use the money to send supplies to Iraq, help their athletic departments, or do they just use it to buy ash trays and toilet seat covers?

#35856 - 01/23/07 03:05 PM Re: camerohead contract only proves... [Re: kuking123]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
hammers....don't forget hammers....

#35857 - 01/23/07 03:18 PM cal and iowa... [Re: brando]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
are hardly k-state rivals. and i never said my statement does not also apply to ksu.

#35858 - 01/24/07 12:02 AM Geez tm, you could've..... [Re: tmcats]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
made this post 100 years ago:

http://www.kuhistory.com/proto/story.asp?id=40

Glad to see that William Allen White would've agreed w/ you. Could you write another 'What is the Matter w/ Kansas' essay and save our beloved Kansas Republican Party?

Seriously, though, the Border War between KU/Mizzou is really bigger than the two schools. It is really the property of the two political entities known as Kansas and Missoura and their ancient battle over Freedom that tore the country apart and made it new again. It is a special event and should be treated as such. In that manner where the KU Football Club represents KU and, by extension, the State of Kansas in this drama called the Border War, the KU Football Club is fullfilling its duties to the core mission of the University to represent the State of Kansas.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#35859 - 01/24/07 12:19 AM Re: Geez tm, you could've..... [Re: John_Brown]
KUSD Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: San Diego
Quote:

After a 1903 Kansas-Nebraska game, both sides charged the other with using ineligible players and in consequence suspended all future athletic contests between the schools. The following year, KU Chancellor Frank Strong had to fire Coach Harold S. Weeks for carrying on a sexual relationship with a freshman girl.

Damn, more ammo for Jaynie...

#35860 - 01/25/07 12:55 PM How did he miss that one? [Re: KUSD]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

Preview