Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34989 - 01/22/07 02:40 AM Best TV shows....
SDakotaJayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: Frost Arena
Okay, I have to admit, I hate sitcoms and seldom watch them (never viewed a single "Friends" or "Seinfeld" show). But "The Office" is very good. A show I started watching (TiVOing) lately is "Arrested Development". It's possibly the best sitcom in quite sometime. Great characters, great writing. I was shocked to find out they recently canceled it after 3 years (wife tells me it made some "best show to be canceled list").

#34990 - 01/22/07 09:10 AM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: SDakotaJayhawk]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
Best show cancelled: Firefly
Best current show: House

#34991 - 01/22/07 10:42 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: KUColBond]
D_Anconia_Copper Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: FTW, TX
Best shows:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
South Park
Entourage
Seinfeld

#34992 - 01/23/07 01:42 AM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: D_Anconia_Copper]
heycobo Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
I'm there on South Park. I love The Simpsons earlier stuff (1-8 season). They need to cut it now. They should have years ago. Starting to get into The Office. Arrested Development rocks. Weeds is also amazing.

#34993 - 01/24/07 01:05 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: heycobo]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

My wife turned me on to "Huff" and I have to admit I'm hooked. Oliver Platt is really amazing in it. It's definitely an adult show.

The Office is the one show of the week I have set to TiVo.

#34994 - 01/24/07 03:40 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: chiknbut]
LVCHawk Offline
kusports.net

The Office is the best in my opinion. Its only in its 3rd season, and I can say without a doubt its the best sitcom I've ever watched. Its the only show I watch every week and DVR. I used to watch Friends every week, and Seinfeld reruns all the time....but after watching The Office its hard to go back. If you've never watched it, give it a few weeks to learn the characters and get used to not having a laugh track and things like that, and you'll be hooked.

#34995 - 01/24/07 04:18 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: LVCHawk]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

I agree. The show takes time to enjoy. The fun isn't necessarily in the plot lines. It's getting to know the characters and how they interract.

The Dwight character is hysterical.

#34996 - 01/24/07 04:37 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: chiknbut]
LVCHawk Offline
kusports.net

Yes he is, and the pranks Jim pulls are great. Its also great to watch 2 or 3 times, because you see all the little stuff that goes on in the background, or you notice things that maybe are so subtle that you didnt see them the first time. The writers of the show, which happen to be some of the actors on it, are great.

#34997 - 01/24/07 04:39 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: LVCHawk]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
Throwing the cell phone into the duct was great.

#34998 - 01/24/07 05:21 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: KUColBond]
bwarephog Offline
John Brown

Loc: FHSU
Best TV show ever...

Rescue Me..on FX with Denis Leary

#34999 - 01/24/07 11:34 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: chiknbut]
RockChuck Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

I agree. The show takes time to enjoy. The fun isn't necessarily in the plot lines. It's getting to know the characters and how they interract.

The Dwight character is hysterical.

Anyone who's ever worked in corporate America can relate to the characters . We've all had a boss like Michael , and a co-worker like Dwight . One of my favorite gifts this year was a "Dunder-Mifflin" coffee mug that my wife got me . People at work either get it , or they don't .

#35000 - 02/01/07 10:56 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: KUColBond]
HLAMFC7 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

Throwing the cell phone into the duct was great.

The Office is my favorite show ever. Throwing the phone into the duct was great, but the best was when they convinced Dwight he was meeting the FBI on the roof, and texted him that the mission was compromised and to destroy his phone. He just launched it off the roof, absolutely hilarious. Tonights episode was great too. Dwight: " Jim told me it was the real Ben Franklin, I'm 99.9% sure he is not." Almost had me in tears.

#35001 - 02/14/07 10:56 PM Re: Best TV shows.... [Re: HLAMFC7]
RockChalk617 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence, KS
One of my favorite shows ever is 24...really how badass in Jack Bauer?

Preview