Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288705 - 12/28/07 09:39 PM eat my *own* shorts ... ** [Re: hartjack8]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm sure if the need arises, there will be some video, somehow!

I'm not particularly worried, though ...

#288706 - 12/28/07 09:46 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayheel]
SurfinJhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: HB - Surf City
Quote:

Forgot Paul Pierce.

Who'd win in a fight?

Robinson or Vaughn?
DJackson or Graves?
Kahn or Pollard?
Rush or Pierce?
DA or Simien?
Teahan or Nooner? hehehe.
Moody or Klienmann?

Damn, actually those all would be pretty good fights.
Notso good fights...
Anyone vs Chenowith
Anyone vs Moolaye

ha this was pretty good. I bet Collins would be a good little fighter ( quick, strong, athletic). Also what about Stewart - I've heard them talking about how he took up boxing in the off season, he would be my new favorite fighter if he ended up pursuing that after college instead of basketball.

#288707 - 12/28/07 10:01 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

perhaps I won't seem so crazy!

IF Coach Self wins a national title before Coach Mangino does, I'll eat my shorts on live radio!!!!

Interesting, seeing how no way in the world will the BCS buffoons ever give KU a chance in the mythical title game unless they have a perfect record and no SEC has more than 3 losses.

#288708 - 12/28/07 10:02 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: hartjack8]
TrueBlue Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence
Michhawk those guys were soft. Pierce is the only one that has been worth a damn as a pro. When it came down to the last 4-8 teams in the country they ALWAYS ran into a more physical team. NO QUESTION.

#288709 - 10/26/08 08:19 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Loc: East Lawrence represent!!!
Quote:

IF Coach Self wins a national title before Coach Mangino does, I'll eat my shorts on live radio!!!!

I love this thread. It's like a time capsule full of fail. Cheers, 7. You're a fvcking moron.

#288710 - 10/26/08 08:22 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sensei]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Hays, KS
Quote:

Quote:

I love this thread. It's like a time capsule full of fail. Cheers, 7. You're a fvcking moron.

HAHAHA!

7, what were you thinking?

#288711 - 10/26/08 11:07 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: SurfinJhawk]
Jhwk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Those your real teeth?
Quote:

Quote:

Forgot Paul Pierce.

Who'd win in a fight?

Robinson or Vaughn?
DJackson or Graves?
Kahn or Pollard?
Rush or Pierce?
DA or Simien?
Teahan or Nooner? hehehe.
Moody or Klienmann?

Damn, actually those all would be pretty good fights.
Notso good fights...
Anyone vs Chenowith
Anyone vs Moolaye

ha this was pretty good. I bet Collins would be a good little fighter ( quick, strong, athletic). Also what about Stewart - I've heard them talking about how he took up boxing in the off season, he would be my new favorite fighter if he ended up pursuing that after college instead of basketball.

I'll take Richard Scott against any of those choices.

#288712 - 10/26/08 11:12 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Jhwk]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Shorts. Shorts. Shorts.

#288713 - 10/27/08 02:22 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: pwhittemore]
bombDiggiD Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Golden
Well, it's official...

Self > you

From the class he has as a person, to the wins, to the conference titles after conference titles, to now the Championship, to the way the guy recruits, to the teams that he puts out on the floor to compete, etc. etc. etc., there is not another coach in the history of college basketball I would rather have than Self.

#288714 - 10/27/08 06:10 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: Merg311]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
How you like him now, 7?

#288715 - 10/27/08 07:23 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: jammahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
If no one had reservations about Self then you are either liars, or eternal optimists. I look at my post back in December and that was awfully uncharacteristic of me. It seems I believed in Coach Self and his abilty but wanted and needed him to prove to me that he could have a team that would live up to expectations. I do believe that if last years team fell short of the Sweet 16 - that most on here would have lost (at least some) faith in him.

#288716 - 10/27/08 08:04 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: larryb]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
Quote:

If no one had reservations about Self then you are either liars, or eternal optimists.

Why?

Dude had taken KU to 2 Elite 8's, won 3 conference Championships, won 2 tourney championships in 4 years in his transition years. 99% of fans would love to have that over a 4 year stretch only the eternal pessimists (you) or the unrealistic demand better.

Why the "reservations?" His two 1st round losses? Come on, with one of those being a team that limped to the finish and the other team having same as zero tourney experience, it's not that shocking in my book.

that's no worse than what other HOF coaches have done.

#288717 - 10/27/08 08:10 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
bighawk84 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: USA
Hey Seven do you want them grilled, BBQ'd, or fried? I think you should marinate them a bit first they might be a little stringy!

#288718 - 10/27/08 09:07 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: bighawk84]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

No way he can get them fried. Thats cheating.

He can eat them the same as always. With grapefruit.

#288719 - 10/27/08 09:08 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Hawklin]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
Quote:

No way he can get them fried. Thats cheating.

He can eat them the same as always. With grapefruit.

Yeah. And no ranch. And he has to sit at a table, not a booth.

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Preview