Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288630 - 12/25/07 06:49 AM Why I don't like Coach Self ... **
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

I didn't want to respond to this in the Toby Keith thread, because that is so damned long already ...

Quite simply, I did not like the initial hire of Coach Self.

I'd hoped that after the debacle of losing Coach Williams to UNC, that we, ourselves, would have decided to choose an alumnus lead our program ... for the first time since the mid-1950s under Coach Phog Allen!

I started an online petition for Mark Turgeon, which about 40-50 people signed, I can post the original text later.

So Coach Self arrives, I did not choose to participate in the big lovefest, I waited to pass judgment ...

It was an interesting first year, problems with the attitude of the players, some defections ... which is understandable in any situation like that.

The Ga Tech elite eight overtime game loss, close but no cigar ... that's fine, the team played a helluva game.

But then, BUT THEN ... the losses to mid-majors at home starts: I don't recall the exact order but: Richmond, Nevada, Oral Roberts, etc, etc!

... and of course, Bucknell and Bradley!!

I know, Coach Williams lost to Long Beach State (coached then by now current Va Tech coach) and UTEP and Rhode Island ... but Coach Williams also had a couple early Final Fours to his credit, and eventually added two more ...

Do I want Coach Williams back, NO!!!!!!

Why keep someone here who longingly looks elsewhere, all the more reason to have our own alum at the helm!

Why the affinity for Coach Mangino, it is difficult to say, that photo I posted was from fairly early on, not a recent one, so I didn't just hop on the bandwagon ...

I rode the Greyhound bus to Lubbock long before they had many quality wins on the road.

I guess I just relate to the Big Guy on many levels: physical appearance, work ethic, personal background, etc ...

It is mere coincidence that my love for KU football blossomed at the same time that my angst for what has happened to our basketball program developed ...

Personally, I feel like the mystique is gone, because of all those losses to "nobodies" ... is my expectation from Coach Self a national title, no ... but a few Final Four runs would begin to turn me around!

Restore the mystique, Coach, please!

#288631 - 12/25/07 09:06 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Wow. I'm usually on board with your ideas but I'm missing the boat on this one. My assumption is that there is a reason you didn't post this on the bball board. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but this seems sacreligious.

#288632 - 12/25/07 09:13 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

Quote:

Why keep someone here who longingly looks elsewhere, all the more reason to have our own alum at the helm!

Where is it that HCBS is "longingly looking"?

IMO, at the time the job became available, there was scant evidence that Mark Turgeon was anywhere near ready to take on a program like Kansas.

#288633 - 12/25/07 09:35 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Shirley]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Loc: the urban core
removed by jkealing

Edited by Jonathan_Kealing (01/07/11 03:06 PM)

#288634 - 12/25/07 10:34 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
This post is proving that Christmas is a hard time for some people. Nice rant. Hope you feel better.

I typically enjoying your posts as well, but this one is on par with your beam em hand sign.

#288635 - 12/25/07 10:49 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
Happy Birthday Morgansraider Offline
Why...So...Serious????

You tend towards half-baked notions and then get obsessed with them. First, it's the hand gesture thing. Then, it's "coach as alum".

I don't understand, first of all, why anyone would "loathe" Bill Self. I can understand how some might withhold judgment on him until he gets us to the F4, but "loathe"? Personally speaking, Bill's as good a guy as they come. And I'll guarantee you he's a much nicer man than Mangino or ANY football coach is.

But let's really address the flaw here. Your desire to have an alum as coach is really misguided. I only want an alum for coach if he is the best qualified to lead a great program like KANSAS. PERIOD. Despite your obsessions, Mark Turgeon was nowhere near ready to lead a program like Kansas 5 years ago. For that matter, I'm not sure he is yet! I haven't seen any indication he can recruit at the Major League level yet. We'll see what he does in College Station.

If Mark Turgeon were to retire from coaching and go live as a monk in Tibet, I'm sure you'd transfer your obsessions to Rex Walters and imagine that he is the source of all goodness and if we would but hire him we'd return to the "good old days" Of course, those days weren't always so good.....I seem to remember glorious Jacque never playing in a Final 4 during his whole time at Kansas.

But what is really ridiculous is the handwringing over the odd December loss. So what? We lost to Oral Roberts once. We lost to Richmond once. Losses happen. Grow up. You're the same type of schmuck who waxes rhapsodic about the ultimately meaningless December Indiana win in 1993 as the greatest triumph in Kansas history. It isn't surprising that you get so panicked when you see our team drop A game in December. Coach Roy taught you the greatest triumphs occur before the new year!!!! As for the 2 March wipeouts.....Roy Williams provided us with FAR more.

In closing, please note that we haven't lost yet this year, and have a record of 35-1 (or thereabouts) over the last 30 odd games.

#288636 - 12/25/07 10:49 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: gquinn225]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm both a lunatic and a heretic!!

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time." - John Lydgate

Hey, at least I'm attempting to explain myself!

I typed that as I was waiting for the kids to wake up this morning, and now they're playing with their new toys ... and now I'm waiting for my parents to arrive ...

ho ho ho!

#288637 - 12/25/07 10:55 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
Why...So...Serious????

Yeah, I suspect you relate to Mangino's appearance, etc. That's probably part of your problem with Self. A handsome, friendly man with a lot of charisma probably burns you up on some subconscious level.

#288638 - 12/25/07 11:01 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
It's been a long time since I've seen a post so far off the target as this one. The team is 12-0, ranked #3 in the country, Future NBA players on the team, some great players on the way into the program, and you decide this is the time to go on a rant against the coach.
Had the University chosen to hire Mark Turgeon when we had a open coaching position, I would have been furious, I don't care if you had gathered a paultry 40-50 signatures on a petition.
Please give me an example of when coach Self has ever mentioned any mention of wanting to return to OSU? Self is his own man, he doesn't have a mentor at his ala mater calling him home.
Speak for yourself when you say the mystique is gone from the bball program, there is still no better place to be, than at AFH. Period.

#288639 - 12/25/07 11:03 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
Why...So...Serious????

Too true, Jamma.

#288640 - 12/25/07 11:52 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
OREAD Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

he doesn't have a mentor at his ala mater calling him home

#288641 - 12/25/07 12:14 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: OREAD]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Loc: East Lawrence represent!!!
"Quite simply, I did not like the initial hire of Coach Self."

Very compelling argument you got there.

#288642 - 12/25/07 12:16 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sensei]
Why...So...Serious????

And it went downhill from there.......

#288643 - 12/25/07 12:35 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Quote:

Quite simply, I did not like the initial hire of Coach Self.

I'd hoped that after the debacle of losing Coach Williams to UNC, that we, ourselves, would have decided to choose an alumnus lead our program ... for the first time since the mid-1950s under Coach Phog Allen!

Genius.

Choose to hate someone based on expectations of something that has never happened in your lifetime and only once in KU basketball history. Beyond hilarious.

#288644 - 12/25/07 02:20 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
SDakotaJayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: Frost Arena
For the record, I met Self and Roy and Self was ten times the man.

I don't believe Self is the best in the country right now, but I certainly do not "loathe" a guy who has delivered conference titles all but one year at KU and kept KU in the top 20 despite the tough transition from Roy. Coaches who are considered superior have done worse under better situations. You seem to base your hate on Bill losing to a few lesser teams. When I have more time I'll do the research on bad losses by good coaches...and bad losses by Roy Wms. I remember Roy having a couple of outstanding teams and he still didn't deliver the big one. So far, Self has not had what I view an outstnding team. Last year and this year are pretty close. Last year the team was a little young. This year there should be no excuse. He should take them to the F4.

I also think he's overrated as a recruiter and underrated as a coach. You simply can't argue w/ his resume.

#288645 - 12/25/07 07:06 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: SDakotaJayhawk]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

OK, loathe might have been too strong a word!

but as hairbrained as may ideas are, I've stuck to my commitment, would you rather I waffle and hop on the bandwagon the minute the basketball team gets past the first round ...

Would you?!?

I don't seriously think Coach Self will leave Kansas for Okie State, but having an alumnus precludes this from EVER being used against us in recruitment.

Nor do I think Coach Turgeon will come here now, either ...

While I have all of these other campaigns, theories, ideas and opinions ...

Name one time, JUST ONE, when I've asked any one else to buy into my disdain of Self?

You cannot!!!

Also, I own several Web domains:

www.beakem.org (and a few variants)

www.dontdrinkbud.com (this will ramp up soon)

www.sevenyearhawk.com (a defensive move)

www.arrowheadarmageddon.com (just because)

Noticeably absent from this list:
www.firebillself.com

I've thought about it, but it would be futile ...

I have NEVER, EVER criticized the team, the players, or anyone who supports Coach Self, have I?

I am entitled to my opinion, you are entitled to yours, we all love the University of Kansas ... I just happen to express it in a very strange and fanatical way!

I have "double secret" campaign underway, that got a huge boost today, and it will be quietly implemented in the coming months ...

Edited by sevenyearhawk (12/25/07 07:09 PM)

#288646 - 12/25/07 09:11 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
SDakotaJayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstein

Hey, I have zero problem w/ you not liking Coach Self. To each his own.

But, IMO, if you say Self is no good then you also must say the same about Roy. Self and Roy have a similar winning % while at KU. Now, obvisouly Roy sustained that at KU longer, but he also never delivered a title in all those years. I'll bet my right pinky that, if Bill is at KU as long as Roy was, he will have a similar winning %, more conference titles and he'll win a NC.

#288647 - 12/25/07 09:40 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: SDakotaJayhawk]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
7year,
In general I agree with you on things you post, but this......

Can't do it. Yes it's fine to have your own opinion, yes, you don't come right out and try to "sway" people into hating Self.

But to post a rant on a coach that has won 3 conference titles in 4 years, 2 Big 12 tourney titles, 2 Elite Eights and currently 12-0 with the number 3 ranked team in the country is pushing it.

Yes Roy hit 1 FF in his first four years, but if you look at the other 3, not so "good" by using your criteria for judging Self: Two 2nd round exits (with a #1 seed and a #2 seed) and in 1989 even if we were not on probation, IMO we don't make the NCAAs with a 19-12 record and finishing sixth in the Big 8.

I always hate and make fun of other schools when their fan base have ridiculous expectations and try to act like they need a new coach despite having a good year. You are being no better at this time on this.

#288648 - 12/26/07 07:29 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I have no problem with the fact that anyone might not like coach Self, I'm just curious as to why you chose this time to express your dislike? What has occurred this season to inspire you to post your original message?
Did you have the same reaction towards coach Williams when he lost to UTEP? Self isn't the only coach to lose to a lesser team. In a single game elimination tournament you will probably get beat eventually, just like Williams did, every year he was here.

#288649 - 12/26/07 08:10 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
I felt it was time for me to chime in. I was not thrilled when Roy left and KU hired Bill. I have met both men and each was as kind as can be. In terms of personalities both gentlemen rate an A in my book. In terms of coaching ability I was harsh on Self. I came to ealize that most great coaches did not or have not won National Championships in their first ten years of coaching. Self has done pretty well in getting to the elite eight multiple times. Sure there were the Bradley and Bucknell debacles but tell me a great coach who never had a let down in the tournament? I am not saying I think Self is a great coach because I don't think he is. I do think he is very good one and we are fortunate to have him. Sure there may be 10 guys I would rather have but there are hundreds I would rather have Self than. I think we all will be pleased with Coach Self if we win the National Championship this year - won't we? Even if we don't and get to the Final Four I will still be proud of him and the team. Now if we get knoocked out early (sweet 16 or sooner) I will not be at all pleased and just MAY jump off the Self Bandwagon. It would be foolish and wrong of me but I would still probably jump off until at least the start od next season and then jump back on.

Edited by larryb (12/26/07 08:44 AM)

#288650 - 12/26/07 09:49 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: larryb]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I have supported the Self hire since the git-go. Despite the aforementioned bad losses, he is the "winningest" active coach in the country.
My support for him is/was not without reservation...anyone who allows their name into association for a position at Misery should probably be automatically disqualified from consideration for a throne at KU.
In the spirit of the season I attempt to forgive and forget that blemish on an otherwise lustrous coaching resume. I got the forgive part down, but I'm having trouble with the forget part.
Or, is it the other way around?

www.cappersoverlay.com

#288651 - 12/26/07 12:31 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

I have no problem with the fact that anyone might not like coach Self, I'm just curious as to why you chose this time to express your dislike?

Something was said in another thread, and I just wanted to address it; nothing in particular happened with the program to set me off ...

If many would recall, I also took the time to look up the data on our total program wins from the last seven years (a pure coincidence) and provide them to someone to create a projection for when we'll pass UNC and Kentucky in total wins.

I take time and make an effort for the basketball team, just not as much as for the football team ... it is just how I've become wired!

#288652 - 12/26/07 02:57 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
I was not enamored with the hire at the time. And nothing to date has really transpired to make me fall in love with the guy. I am luke warm where HCBS is concerned.

#288653 - 12/26/07 03:14 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: MICHHAWK]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

I couldn't be more happy with HCBS. The loss to Bradley hurt but bucknell was not a product of coaching. We just had some wimpy roy williams players trying to play grown up mens basketball.

some of you should just become unc gheys and leave KU alone. We plays hard nosed mens basketball now and I never want to return to the wimpy, limp wristed crap that roy williams preaches.

#288654 - 12/26/07 03:18 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

holy sh!t ... I hate the pUNCs worse than I do the Tiggers ...

At least we get to have a crack at them every year!!

If Kansas were to play UNC in ANY sport, I'd walk there on bloody stumps to cheer the Hawks on!!!!!!

I don't miss Coach Williams, and watching him win the NCAA tourney was like watching your ex-wife win the f*cking lottery!

it honestly and literally made me sick at my stomach!!!

#288655 - 12/26/07 03:25 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Well your timeing is lousy, 12-0 start and a #3 ranking. Calling out the coach at this time, makes as much since as telling your girlfriend about breast implants before you've had a chance to take her originals out for a test drive.

#288656 - 12/26/07 03:34 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Quote:

Well your timeing is lousy, 12-0 start and a #3 ranking. Calling out the coach at this time, makes as much since as telling your girlfriend about breast implants before you've had a chance to take her originals out for a test drive.

people who like football more than basketball have sh!t for brains IMO.

sevenyear backs up this theory.

#288657 - 12/26/07 03:36 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

well, hmmm ...

"I have no response to that!"

Meg Ryan, Joe Versus the Volcano

#288658 - 12/26/07 03:40 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I watched a replay of the 81 UNC v UK game on MASN the other night (I obviously have no life). One thing really stood out...UNC was awful against UK's zone. Joe B Hall switched to a man defense and UNC went off. Reminded me of how to beat Roy's teams at KU, slow it down and play zone. Also noticed that Michael Jordan couldn't hit the ocean from a row boat for most of the game. Matt Doherty kept UNC in it during the first half. Dean used a lot more zone and trapping than Roy ever did at KU. Roy looked like a young pup on the UNC bench, Dean and Fogler did most of the coaching.

Why bring this up? Bill Self coaches to the talents of his team. Roy always tried to fit round pegs into square holes (see Paul Pierce). I don't think Self is a genius, but I do think he is the right fit for KU.

#288659 - 12/26/07 04:07 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: NotAPuke]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

nice post 'notapuke'.

HCBS is building teams that have no real apparent weaknesses. Roys teams were always succeptable to methodical yet tough and physical teams and/or teams that played zone.

I like being the team that frustrates other teams with physical play and tenacious D...rather than being on the other end and hoping to outscore teams.

#288660 - 12/26/07 04:10 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Probably my biggest criticism of Coach Williams, other than his lack of East Coast recruiting was the lack of "in-game" adjustments ...

He was bound and determined to have it his way!!

#288661 - 12/26/07 04:16 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

Just for the record:

When the rumors were starting that Roy might leave for UNC, I was talking with my brother in law about possible replacements. I told him that I really liked this guy at Illinois. I said he was charismatic and could obviously recruit - how else do you get great players to come to the University of Illinois. And he wins.

There will always be a knock against Self for not winning a championship. The same thing that was held against Roy, Jim Boeheim and dozens of other top tier programs who were always in the hunt, but never quite there.

#288662 - 12/26/07 04:17 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Quote:

Probably my biggest criticism of Coach Williams, other than his lack of East Coast recruiting was the lack of "in-game" adjustments ...

how about the pu$$y players? That was what bothered me.

I want guys that will rip your head off and sh!t down your neck then run into the stands and beat your mom to death before peeing on her corpse and spitting in your grandmothers face.

KU is not getting pushed around anymore and I love it.

#288663 - 12/26/07 04:19 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

He didnt need the Alumni qualifactions for you?

My biggest criticism of Roi was the soft ties on big gamedays. Nothing looks tougher than when you spike your jacket on the floor wearing a pink tie.

#288664 - 12/26/07 04:21 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: NotAPuke]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Bill Self has done a good job. Is "good" good enough?

This is the KANSAS JAYHAWKS we're talking about. We have certain expectations. Conference titles are nice, but THEY'RE NOT ENOUGH. Ultimately every coach at Kansas is judged by Final Fours and National Championships.

There are certain facts of life at KU. Like it or not, championships are what really matter. Personally I wouldn't have it any other way. It means we have a great program. I'll let the Mizery fans get all excited about a good conference season once in a while. I want more.

20 years between NCAA Titles is too long already. I'm ready for another big party!

I think Bill can do it, but he needs to CONSISTENTLY GO DEEP INTO MARCH before I will declare my love for the man. That doesn't mean I don't like him either. It's about getting the job done.

Clearly this is a year he has the tools to go deep. I'm anxious to see how he does. I hope he KICKS A__!

#288665 - 12/26/07 04:24 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

I will give you that ... Glenn Robinson with Purdue in the 1994(?) Elite Eight(?) is a PERFECT example of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4pK5HthN10&feature=related

Sweet Sixteen, damn I was close, and that was off the top of my head ... take THAT all of you who say I don't like hoops!!!

#288666 - 12/26/07 04:30 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
SDakotaJayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Ah yes....everyone is stupid but me.

#288667 - 12/26/07 04:33 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Quote:

I want guys that will rip your head off and sh!t down your neck then run into the stands and beat your mom to death before peeing on her corpse and spitting in your grandmothers face.

While I'm not sure I agree with your metaphor, I do agree with the point you're making. We do have a team that is much tougher than we used to. We don't get pushed around any more. I like being able to play with some muscle, especially when the refs are letting things get out of hand. Those were games that Roy's teams struggled the most in.

Objectively we've given up some offense in trade. We aren't as explosive as we once were. The primary way we go on a big run now is by getting a lot of steals. When teams have really good guards, we struggle to go on a significant run.

D#$n it! I WANT BOTH. I'M FREEKIN GREEDY.

I want a team that can physically overpower an opponent AND play with seeming poetry while shooting lights out.

It wouldn't hurt if we could hit some freethrows too!

/rant off

#288668 - 12/26/07 05:53 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
I've taken this F*n thread as long as I can.
B_of_H got it right.
Friend of mine and occasional poster here was p!ssed the first time Roi didn't quit because Self was available.
What I have seen of Self's players is exactly what all the fans seem to think they are entitled to, Tough, good, winning Basketball.
If you think National Titles are our birthright you F*n dreaming.
It just isn't that easy anymore.
The days of having Sam Gilbert buy you 11 National titles is gone.
We don't play in the ACC. Or for that matter the Big Ten.
Or the Big East.
The guy is doing a H3ll of a job keeping us near the top of the heap.
This group has the best shot at a National Title since Jacques and that bunch and they ended up being too soft.
This bunch may lose but it won't be because they're soft.
Last year's team didn't lose because they were soft.
The Man can F*n Coach hoop and you need to be damn glad he's here.
'Nough said.

#288669 - 12/26/07 05:56 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: B_of_H]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

Quote:

Post of the week!

#288670 - 12/26/07 05:56 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: SDakotaJayhawk]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Quote:

Quote:

Ah yes....everyone is stupid but me.

lol

that was a joke directed at sevenyear hawk who cares about football above basketball.

Please try to read between the lines.

#288671 - 12/27/07 09:58 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Geezer]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It would be in HCBS's best interest to get this years team into the last weekend of the big tournament at the end of the season. If he doesn't get us there this season, then when. The next couple of seasons could be sort of a rebuilding and retooling by our standards.

This is season 5 of the HCBS era. He probably shouldn't go 7, 8, 9 years before he takes his first KU team to the FF and beyond.

#288672 - 12/27/07 04:50 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: MICHHAWK]
TrueBlue Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Lawrence
Bad losses by coach Williams out of conference. So, about every other year some one jumped up and bit us.

Ball State
Saint Louis
Hawaii
Rhose Island
Temple (2 times)
Long Beach State
Texas El Paso
Miami (of 1989)

#288673 - 12/27/07 05:31 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: TrueBlue]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

but those were balanced out by four Final Four appearances ...

I'm just sayin'

#288674 - 12/27/07 06:13 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

7 I really don't care why you don't like Self.
We are undefeated, ranked 3rd in the country and have a great shot at the National title.
If you don't care for some aspect of that I can't help you.
If you would prefer Roi back with his system and the right way to play fine.
I am sick of soft KU Hoop and I've seen Self change that.
I want a team that can play full contact basketball not one waiting on a whistle.
I'll miss RR when he graduates.

#288675 - 12/27/07 06:21 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Geezer]
jhawks99 Offline
Defense

Loc: Rebounds
Quote:

Amen

#288676 - 12/27/07 06:23 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jhawks99]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

If I remember he has a lot of Cedric Hunter in him.

#288677 - 12/27/07 06:27 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Geezer]
jhawks99 Offline
Defense

With a little Rex Walters thrown in for good measure.

#288678 - 12/27/07 06:32 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jhawks99]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Seems to have a better shot this year.
The kid is just a tough baller.
Not the first pick in the choose sides contest but I'll take him.

#288679 - 12/27/07 06:43 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
jayheel Offline
Under New Management

Loc: Spencer Basement
Quote:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, I can see Jeremy Case and Kleinmann going Rodney King on some blue hair from Leawood.

Who recruited Graves? Still one of my favorite thugs.

I like Self over Roy because of the D.

#288680 - 12/27/07 06:54 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Geezer]
TrueBlue Offline

I agree about the final fours but Roy's team were always too soft to ever win it all. Thus his success with MD's boys. I saw it in person at the final four in Atlanta when Maryland physically looked like an NBA team and fed us our lunch. Roy could not get it done, so, "0" - 4 on final fours says it all. Bill still has 10 seasons to try for before we can compare the two. Can we agree one ring would trump anything Roy ever did?

#288681 - 12/27/07 07:08 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayheel]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

#288682 - 12/27/07 08:09 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jhawks99]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Quote:

Quote:

Amen

+1

#288683 - 12/27/07 08:38 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Hawklin]
HunterThompson Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Woody Creek, CO
Quote:

*Charge*
KU Ball

#288684 - 12/27/07 09:03 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: HunterThompson]
TrueBlue Offline

Gravy. The only true physical specimen with a nasty streak in Roy's tenure and he was a juco. One in 15 years is not enough.

#288685 - 12/27/07 11:40 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: TrueBlue]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Quote:

Gravy. The only true physical specimen with a nasty streak in Roy's tenure and he was a juco. One in 15 years is not enough.

I agree with the point being made, but give it up for Zo. I swore Alonzo Jamison ate raw meat before games.

#288686 - 12/28/07 12:05 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: TrueBlue]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

TrueBlue
Quote:

I saw it in person at the final four in Atlanta when Maryland physically looked like an NBA team and fed us our lunch.

Living in Florida at the time ...

I got P!SS drunk during the second half of that game!!

I moved from pitchers of beer to tequila shots, then - THEN
on the way home, I made our group stop at a 7-11 to buy more beer, but along the way I'd taken off my shoes, then had to pee, so I used a gas station restroom BAREFOOT ... I was that drunk!!

Then when we got back to the apartment, I attempted to punt a shrub - STILL barefoot!!!! (I told you part of this story, Fifty)

I woke up the next day and my right foot was twice the size of my left one, and we went and walked around Disneyworld ... me hungover and with a big, fat foot!

Yet, I did not puke ... even once!

There's a great picture of me passed out on the floor, and my best friend standing with his foot on my back - the "trophy shot"

Maybe I'll scan it this weekend ...

I'm still waiting for sensei to meet me for a shot contest ...

---------------------

"Your Kung-fu is not as good as my Kung-fu!"

Edited by sevenyearhawk (12/28/07 12:09 AM)

#288687 - 12/28/07 06:09 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

someone asked: why post this now?

someone else asked: why post this here?

The timing was in response to someone asking me why I didn't like Coach Self, the location was because that's where the query originated ... I could have been a real prick and posted it on the Hoops forum, but like another person said, why call out the coach now.?

So I wasn't "calling anyone out" I was merely responding to an inquiry ...

Even if the Hawks don't make it to a Final Four, unless something horrendous happens, I won't make that much noise, because I'll probably be too involved with the baseball team at that point to care much!!

#288688 - 12/28/07 08:18 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Alonzo was a Larry Brown recruit.

#288689 - 12/28/07 09:31 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with the point being made, but give it up for Zo. I swore Alonzo Jamison ate raw meat before games.

Try again. He epitomizes failed attempts by RW to find tough interior players.

I'm not knocking Zo. I know the guy and he's a terrific person. He was never an enforcer.

#288690 - 12/28/07 09:44 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayhawk154]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Richard Scott, Scot Pollard, Raef Lafrentz, Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden, Jerod Haase, Rex Walters, Greg Ostertag. You guys make it sound like the Jayhawks were a bunch of tutu wearing pu$$!#$ before HCBS got here to save us from ourselves. Golly, thank goodness for HCBS. Because that was one dark period between LB and HCBS.

#288691 - 12/28/07 10:30 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: MICHHAWK]
jayheel Offline
Under New Management

Loc: Spencer Basement
Forgot Paul Pierce.

Who'd win in a fight?

Robinson or Vaughn?
DJackson or Graves?
Kahn or Pollard?
Rush or Pierce?
DA or Simien?
Teahan or Nooner? hehehe.
Moody or Klienmann?

Damn, actually those all would be pretty good fights.
Notso good fights...
Anyone vs Chenowith
Anyone vs Moolaye

Edited by jayheel (12/28/07 10:45 AM)

#288692 - 12/28/07 10:43 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayheel]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

I always thought Nick Collison was pretty good, myself.

#288693 - 12/28/07 10:58 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayheel]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Always thoght the knock that we were soft was way off base, in fact, I always took it as a slap in the face, and a round about way of saying, "you have too many white guys on your team".

#288694 - 12/28/07 11:56 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: MICHHAWK]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Richard Scott, Scot Pollard, Raef Lafrentz, Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden, Jerod Haase, Rex Walters, Greg Ostertag. You guys make it sound like the Jayhawks were a bunch of tutu wearing pu$$!#$ before HCBS got here to save us from ourselves. Golly, thank goodness for HCBS. Because that was one dark period between LB and HCBS.

You make it sound like one of those guys was a real banger...I'm talking about enforcer types, not solid interior players.

Oestertag was a joke when it came to "manning up" against big centers. The guy had one good game against Big Country, but was otherwise "taking up space" against smaller teams.

You should watch tape of the Big East during the time those players spent here. There's a reason we got run out when teams started banging with us. We outrebounded teams until we hit the tournament and started playing with the big boys more often than not.

Gimme a break, MICH. You can't really believe that Roy ever recruited a rugged interior player here, outside of Gravy. They didn't fit his "run and gun" style of play.

I'll take great guards and rugged bodies over 6'10" kids who want to shoot threes (Padgett) every time.

#288695 - 12/28/07 12:00 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayhawk154]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I have yet to see a player command the paint like Richard Scott did.

#288696 - 12/28/07 12:08 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

No Wayne?

#288697 - 12/28/07 12:18 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Quote:

Darnell does a fair imitation but R Scott was a load on the blocks.

#288698 - 12/28/07 03:35 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Seriously? Richard Scott was a demon when it came to cleaning up the offensive glass, but he hardly intimidated anyone on the defensive end. His best asset, and we talked about this in the balcony at Molly McGees once, was his ability to use that big back end to box out. He was one of my favorite players ever, but he wasn't an intimidator.

#288699 - 12/28/07 04:04 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayhawk154]
jhawks99 Offline
Defense

Richard Scott was one of my all time favorites. One of our best rebounder/garbage men ever. Couldn't hit a free throw to save his life. Kenny Gregory may have been better at the line.

#288700 - 12/28/07 05:32 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: MICHHAWK]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Quote:

I'll give you Scott.
Pollard gets a half a point and the rest were soft.
Thanks for making my point.

#288701 - 12/28/07 07:16 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Geezer]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Randal worked the paint pretty well for his size.
You have to go back a lot of years to find a Kansas big that was intimidating to opposition on both ends of the floor.

www.cappersoverlay.com

#288702 - 12/28/07 09:02 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: appyhawk]
hartjack8 Offline
KANSAS

Loc: fl
Soft in basketball is all about defense, Roy's teams were soft because they were not tough on the defensive end, it really had nothing to do with Pollard beating up Kahn. Old Roy's plan was to out run and out score all, and yea we did get beat up by tougher teams(maryland final four). Now Self is here and the odds of some team being tougher then us is very slim. Now to the point of Sevenyear olds problem
with Mr. Self, it really is about Roy, and how Roy left, and sevenyearold wants a Alumni coach, so he would never leave us. Sevenyearold get a clue, Self is awesome coach, I really would not trade him for any other coach today. When Roy won the NC do you remember the team they beat. Roy is lucky Self wasn't there and we are lucky we have coach Self, so Sevenyearold get a clue and get the F#@@#!#
off of Self.

#288703 - 12/28/07 09:09 PM when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: hartjack8]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

perhaps I won't seem so crazy!

IF Coach Self wins a national title before Coach Mangino does, I'll eat my shorts on live radio!!!!

#288704 - 12/28/07 09:26 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
hartjack8 Offline
KANSAS

Loc: fl
My man I live in Florida my buds down here are all Gators, I was telling them for awhile that we were going to do this year what they did last year. They laughed at first been then they caught the jayhawk fever.

P.S. That will suck about your shorts because on radio we won't be able to watch.

#288705 - 12/28/07 09:39 PM eat my *own* shorts ... [Re: hartjack8]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

I'm sure if the need arises, there will be some video, somehow!

I'm not particularly worried, though ...

#288706 - 12/28/07 09:46 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayheel]
SurfinJhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: HB - Surf City
Quote:

Forgot Paul Pierce.

Who'd win in a fight?

Robinson or Vaughn?
DJackson or Graves?
Kahn or Pollard?
Rush or Pierce?
DA or Simien?
Moody or Klienmann?

Notso good fights...
Anyone vs Chenowith
Anyone vs Moolaye

ha this was pretty good. I bet Collins would be a good little fighter ( quick, strong, athletic). Also what about Stewart - I've heard them talking about how he took up boxing in the off season, he would be my new favorite fighter if he ended up pursuing that after college instead of basketball.

#288707 - 12/28/07 10:01 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

IF Coach Self wins a national title before Coach Mangino does, I'll eat my shorts on live radio!!!!

Interesting, seeing how no way in the world will the BCS buffoons ever give KU a chance in the mythical title game unless they have a perfect record and no SEC has more than 3 losses.

#288708 - 12/28/07 10:02 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: hartjack8]
TrueBlue Offline

Michhawk those guys were soft. Pierce is the only one that has been worth a damn as a pro. When it came down to the last 4-8 teams in the country they ALWAYS ran into a more physical team. NO QUESTION.

#288709 - 10/26/08 08:19 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Quote:

I love this thread. It's like a time capsule full of fail. Cheers, 7. You're a fvcking moron.

#288710 - 10/26/08 08:22 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sensei]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Hays, KS
Quote:

Quote:

I love this thread. It's like a time capsule full of fail. Cheers, 7. You're a fvcking moron.

HAHAHA!

7, what were you thinking?

#288711 - 10/26/08 11:07 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: SurfinJhawk]
Jhwk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Those your real teeth?
Quote:

Quote:

Forgot Paul Pierce.

Who'd win in a fight?

Robinson or Vaughn?
DJackson or Graves?
Kahn or Pollard?
Rush or Pierce?
DA or Simien?
Moody or Klienmann?

Notso good fights...
Anyone vs Chenowith
Anyone vs Moolaye

ha this was pretty good. I bet Collins would be a good little fighter ( quick, strong, athletic). Also what about Stewart - I've heard them talking about how he took up boxing in the off season, he would be my new favorite fighter if he ended up pursuing that after college instead of basketball.

I'll take Richard Scott against any of those choices.

#288712 - 10/26/08 11:12 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Jhwk]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Shorts. Shorts. Shorts.

#288713 - 10/27/08 02:22 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: pwhittemore]
bombDiggiD Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Golden
Well, it's official...

Self > you

From the class he has as a person, to the wins, to the conference titles after conference titles, to now the Championship, to the way the guy recruits, to the teams that he puts out on the floor to compete, etc. etc. etc., there is not another coach in the history of college basketball I would rather have than Self.

#288714 - 10/27/08 06:10 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: Merg311]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

How you like him now, 7?

#288715 - 10/27/08 07:23 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: jammahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
If no one had reservations about Self then you are either liars, or eternal optimists. I look at my post back in December and that was awfully uncharacteristic of me. It seems I believed in Coach Self and his abilty but wanted and needed him to prove to me that he could have a team that would live up to expectations. I do believe that if last years team fell short of the Sweet 16 - that most on here would have lost (at least some) faith in him.

#288716 - 10/27/08 08:04 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: larryb]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

If no one had reservations about Self then you are either liars, or eternal optimists.

Why?

Dude had taken KU to 2 Elite 8's, won 3 conference Championships, won 2 tourney championships in 4 years in his transition years. 99% of fans would love to have that over a 4 year stretch only the eternal pessimists (you) or the unrealistic demand better.

Why the "reservations?" His two 1st round losses? Come on, with one of those being a team that limped to the finish and the other team having same as zero tourney experience, it's not that shocking in my book.

that's no worse than what other HOF coaches have done.

#288717 - 10/27/08 08:10 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
bighawk84 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: USA
Hey Seven do you want them grilled, BBQ'd, or fried? I think you should marinate them a bit first they might be a little stringy!

#288718 - 10/27/08 09:07 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: bighawk84]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

No way he can get them fried. Thats cheating.

He can eat them the same as always. With grapefruit.

#288719 - 10/27/08 09:08 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Hawklin]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Quote:

No way he can get them fried. Thats cheating.

He can eat them the same as always. With grapefruit.

Yeah. And no ranch. And he has to sit at a table, not a booth.

#288720 - 10/27/08 10:15 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: gquinn225]
ku_painter Offline
Pixel Gangster

Loc: Rockin a dial-up connection
This is what it looks like if you copy and paste a phrase you find on the interweb a whole bunch of times.

#288721 - 10/27/08 10:16 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: ku_painter]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

c'mon 7year, you gotta at least respond to this.

#288722 - 10/27/08 10:17 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Quote:

c'mon 7year, you gotta at least respond to this.

I've got to go to work, and won't be playing anymore this morning...but just do what I did to him when he tries to post.

see: pumpkin carving thread.

#288723 - 10/27/08 10:18 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: gquinn225]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Crap too long for a signature

#288724 - 10/27/08 10:23 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Geezer]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

But this isn't.

Edited by EastCoastJHawk (10/27/08 10:30 AM)

#288725 - 10/27/08 11:11 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
bump.

#288726 - 10/27/08 11:15 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Geezer]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Crap too long for a signature

lol...quinn on a mission

#288727 - 10/27/08 11:59 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: LisaT]
Jhwk Offline
Max Falkenstien

and you have never, in your life, said something you regretted later?

I Do

#288728 - 10/27/08 12:04 PM Re: eating crow [Re: Jhwk]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

You know ...

Last spring, I was working on something that would've raised money for Coach Self's charity and given everyone a shot at me (think pie or eggs in the face) - but it fell through and I got distracted with other things.

Maybe when the weather warms up and/or about the time of the Big XII or NCAA tourneys, I'll take another crack at it.

(so what exactly dredged this topic up today?)

#288729 - 10/27/08 12:33 PM Re: eating crow [Re: sevenyearhawk]
ku_painter Offline
Pixel Gangster

Shorts and pie/eggs are two different things.

Maybe if you ate fifty eggs that might count.

Edited by ku_painter (10/27/08 12:37 PM)

#288730 - 10/27/08 12:41 PM Re: eating crow [Re: ku_painter]
Jhwk Offline
Max Falkenstien

you could polarbear into potter...

#288731 - 10/27/08 12:48 PM Re: eating crow [Re: ku_painter]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Quote:

Shorts and pie/eggs are two different things.

Maybe if you ate fifty eggs that might count.

Side of grapefruit.

#288732 - 10/27/08 09:22 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: larryb]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

If no one had reservations about Self then you are either liars, or eternal optimists. I look at my post back in December and that was awfully uncharacteristic of me. It seems I believed in Coach Self and his abilty but wanted and needed him to prove to me that he could have a team that would live up to expectations. I do believe that if last years team fell short of the Sweet 16 - that most on here would have lost (at least some) faith in him.

Always knew Self would have success at Kansas. Sometimes faith just requires a little patience.

#288733 - 10/27/08 09:32 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: jammahawk]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

So what's the deal here, 7? You still pissing around, talking about some chariety event where people throw donuts at you for donations? Sounds like a bunch of bull.
You know what needs to happen. With or without a grapefruit.

#288734 - 10/28/08 06:27 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sensei]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

bump

#288735 - 10/28/08 11:26 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: Geezer]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Can we get a tack for this thread?

#288736 - 10/29/08 09:45 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sensei]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Seriously, jerseygirl, I don't ask for much. A tack for this thread would be nice. I'd consider it an early bday present.

#288737 - 10/29/08 10:13 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
pwhittemore Offline
Satellite Coords Mod

Loc: NYC
Just in case people didn't see the It ain't Quite Photoshop thread.

#288738 - 10/29/08 10:19 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: pwhittemore]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

I don't get it. I mean, it's cool. What's in his hand?

#288739 - 10/29/08 10:29 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
Jhwk Offline
Max Falkenstien

shorts

#288740 - 10/29/08 10:38 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Jhwk]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Ahh, kickass.

LOL Tampa Bay underwear? That is hilarious. But where's the skidmarks?

#288741 - 10/29/08 03:18 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Quote:

But where's the skidmarks?"

He eats those without making bets. Part of the diet.

#288742 - 10/29/08 03:21 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Hawklin]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Quote:

Quote:

But where's the skidmarks?"

He eats those without making bets. Part of the diet.

I suppose we all have our fetishes...

#288743 - 10/30/08 09:32 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: gquinn225]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

bumpity bumpersons

#288744 - 11/05/08 09:36 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

[cough]

#288745 - 11/05/08 09:57 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Undies caught in your throat?

Wait, wrong poster. Easy to confuse you 2.

#288746 - 11/05/08 10:20 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Hawklin]
bighawk84 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: USA
He is marinating a batch as we speak!

#288747 - 11/05/08 10:33 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: bighawk84]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Hes been marinating a batch for around 40 years.

#288748 - 11/09/08 03:29 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Hawklin]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

#288749 - 11/09/08 03:29 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

#288750 - 11/09/08 03:31 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

#288751 - 11/09/08 03:35 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

#288752 - 11/09/08 07:58 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
JHK Offline
John Brown

Loc: Goodland
This thread is full of funny. Turgeon over Self? HAHAHAHA.

#288753 - 11/11/08 10:08 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: JHK]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Quote:

This thread is full of funny. Turgeon over Self? HAHAHAHA.

Indeed.

#288754 - 11/11/08 10:10 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

You just can't let things go Sensei, can you?

#288755 - 11/11/08 10:15 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: LisaT]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

bump

#288756 - 11/11/08 10:30 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: hasbeen]
berserker Offline
John Brown

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I assume he hasn't eaten his jorts yet?

#288757 - 11/11/08 03:17 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: LisaT]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Quote:

He owes me a public apology first.

#288758 - 11/11/08 03:20 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Quote:

He owes me a public apology first.

That brought back a memory...

#288759 - 11/11/08 11:19 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: LisaT]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

#288760 - 11/11/08 11:37 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Few questions:

Why hasnt he eaten his undergarments?

Where is he and his weigh in updates?

Where is the Halloween posts?

How did I score this picture of him from 25 back?

#288761 - 11/11/08 11:42 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Hawklin]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
looks more like JD to me...

#288762 - 11/12/08 07:40 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

"Public apology"...come on you are not that forgetful....lol

#288763 - 11/12/08 07:57 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: LisaT]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

He's not a big enough man to apologize. Yes, I know what you're saying, Lisa. Jeezus.

#288764 - 11/12/08 08:06 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

lol

#288765 - 11/12/08 11:12 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: LisaT]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Where do you think youre going? Get back up there.

#288766 - 11/12/08 03:04 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: LisaT]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Have a nice day, y'all.

#288767 - 11/12/08 03:26 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Have a nice day, y'all.

melt

#288768 - 11/12/08 03:33 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: LisaT]
sensei Offline
[censored] you

Quote:

Quote:

Have a nice day, y'all.

melt

Melt your heart maybe.

#288769 - 11/12/08 03:34 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: sensei]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Have a nice day, y'all.

melt

Melt your heart maybe.

Oh snap did you just call LisaT frigid? I think Morgan would beg to differ!

#288770 - 04/10/09 10:42 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: jayhwk01]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Free State Lobby
bump

#288771 - 04/10/09 11:26 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: jayhawklaw]
minhin Offline
Uh Oh

Loc: ...in the warm sun
Aw law....

#288772 - 04/10/09 01:43 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: minhin]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Always worth a bump. Hilarious.

Are thse shorts still marinating or what?

#288773 - 09/30/09 07:56 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Hawklin]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

bump it on up.

#288774 - 12/15/09 10:41 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

ahem

#288775 - 12/15/09 10:42 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: jayhawklaw]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Those shorts have to be well marinated by now. Seven.....they tender enough to eat yet?

#288776 - 12/15/09 10:45 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Hawklin]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Quote:

How did I score this picture of him from 25 back?

How the hell did I miss that the first time around? Hilarious.

#288777 - 12/15/09 10:56 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: georgiahawk]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

>>I have "double secret" campaign underway, that got a huge boost today, and it will be quietly implemented in the coming months ... << 700#hawk 25 Dec 2007

Long time philanthropist.

#288778 - 12/15/09 11:24 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: Geezer]
ku_painter Offline
Pixel Gangster

This bump made me smile ...

#288779 - 12/15/09 11:25 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: ku_painter]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

As sensei so presciently noted, it is like a time capsule of fail.

#288780 - 01/05/11 06:29 AM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four .. [Re: jayhawklaw]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Hall

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Preview