Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#288690 - 12/28/07 09:44 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... ** [Re: jayhawk154]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Richard Scott, Scot Pollard, Raef Lafrentz, Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden, Jerod Haase, Rex Walters, Greg Ostertag. You guys make it sound like the Jayhawks were a bunch of tutu wearing pu$$!#$ before HCBS got here to save us from ourselves. Golly, thank goodness for HCBS. Because that was one dark period between LB and HCBS.

#288691 - 12/28/07 10:30 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: MICHHAWK]
jayheel Offline
Under New Management

Loc: Spencer Basement
Forgot Paul Pierce.

Who'd win in a fight?

Robinson or Vaughn?
DJackson or Graves?
Kahn or Pollard?
Rush or Pierce?
DA or Simien?
Teahan or Nooner? hehehe.
Moody or Klienmann?

Damn, actually those all would be pretty good fights.
Notso good fights...
Anyone vs Chenowith
Anyone vs Moolaye

Edited by jayheel (12/28/07 10:45 AM)

#288692 - 12/28/07 10:43 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayheel]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

I always thought Nick Collison was pretty good, myself.

#288693 - 12/28/07 10:58 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayheel]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Always thoght the knock that we were soft was way off base, in fact, I always took it as a slap in the face, and a round about way of saying, "you have too many white guys on your team".

#288694 - 12/28/07 11:56 AM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: MICHHAWK]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Richard Scott, Scot Pollard, Raef Lafrentz, Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden, Jerod Haase, Rex Walters, Greg Ostertag. You guys make it sound like the Jayhawks were a bunch of tutu wearing pu$$!#$ before HCBS got here to save us from ourselves. Golly, thank goodness for HCBS. Because that was one dark period between LB and HCBS.

You make it sound like one of those guys was a real banger...I'm talking about enforcer types, not solid interior players.

Oestertag was a joke when it came to "manning up" against big centers. The guy had one good game against Big Country, but was otherwise "taking up space" against smaller teams.

You should watch tape of the Big East during the time those players spent here. There's a reason we got run out when teams started banging with us. We outrebounded teams until we hit the tournament and started playing with the big boys more often than not.

Gimme a break, MICH. You can't really believe that Roy ever recruited a rugged interior player here, outside of Gravy. They didn't fit his "run and gun" style of play.

I'll take great guards and rugged bodies over 6'10" kids who want to shoot threes (Padgett) every time.

#288695 - 12/28/07 12:00 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayhawk154]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
I have yet to see a player command the paint like Richard Scott did.

#288696 - 12/28/07 12:08 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

No Wayne?

#288697 - 12/28/07 12:18 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
Quote:

Darnell does a fair imitation but R Scott was a load on the blocks.

#288698 - 12/28/07 03:35 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jammahawk]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Seriously? Richard Scott was a demon when it came to cleaning up the offensive glass, but he hardly intimidated anyone on the defensive end. His best asset, and we talked about this in the balcony at Molly McGees once, was his ability to use that big back end to box out. He was one of my favorite players ever, but he wasn't an intimidator.

#288699 - 12/28/07 04:04 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: jayhawk154]
jhawks99 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lexington, KY
Richard Scott was one of my all time favorites. One of our best rebounder/garbage men ever. Couldn't hit a free throw to save his life. Kenny Gregory may have been better at the line.

#288700 - 12/28/07 05:32 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: MICHHAWK]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
Quote:

I'll give you Scott.
Pollard gets a half a point and the rest were soft.
Thanks for making my point.

#288701 - 12/28/07 07:16 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: Geezer]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Randal worked the paint pretty well for his size.
You have to go back a lot of years to find a Kansas big that was intimidating to opposition on both ends of the floor.

#288702 - 12/28/07 09:02 PM Re: Why I don't like Coach Self ... [Re: appyhawk]
hartjack8 Offline
KANSAS

Loc: fl
Soft in basketball is all about defense, Roy's teams were soft because they were not tough on the defensive end, it really had nothing to do with Pollard beating up Kahn. Old Roy's plan was to out run and out score all, and yea we did get beat up by tougher teams(maryland final four). Now Self is here and the odds of some team being tougher then us is very slim. Now to the point of Sevenyear olds problem
with Mr. Self, it really is about Roy, and how Roy left, and sevenyearold wants a Alumni coach, so he would never leave us. Sevenyearold get a clue, Self is awesome coach, I really would not trade him for any other coach today. When Roy won the NC do you remember the team they beat. Roy is lucky Self wasn't there and we are lucky we have coach Self, so Sevenyearold get a clue and get the F#@@#!#
off of Self.

#288703 - 12/28/07 09:09 PM when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: hartjack8]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

perhaps I won't seem so crazy!

IF Coach Self wins a national title before Coach Mangino does, I'll eat my shorts on live radio!!!!

#288704 - 12/28/07 09:26 PM Re: when another year passes with no Final Four ... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
hartjack8 Offline
KANSAS

Loc: fl
My man I live in Florida my buds down here are all Gators, I was telling them for awhile that we were going to do this year what they did last year. They laughed at first been then they caught the jayhawk fever.

P.S. That will suck about your shorts because on radio we won't be able to watch.

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Preview