Page 2 of 301 < 1 2 3 4 ... 300 301 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2612 - 03/24/05 01:37 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith *** [Re: ManhattanHawk7]
hail2oldku Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I too have met Tubby in the past and found him to be quite engaging. He doesn't have that "air" about him that puts a person off (unlike someone else that has been discussed on this board) and seems to honestly like the give and take of normal fans. Because of this, I find this story to be quite believable.

#2613 - 03/24/05 01:37 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: jensen]
ChicagoHawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Chicago
I know its hard to believe being from PoDunk Kansas so I'll try and explain. I was a caddy at Olympia Fields Country Club same country club they had the us open two years back. To make a long story short, the club is closed monday and sometimes they have big name players come and play. Also, staff is aloud to play the course on mondays. There was a raffle between people who work at the club to play 6 holes with MJ, he was a rookie for the bulls. They raffled and two of us caddies got to play 6 holes with him. Wom, Amazing isn't it.

#2614 - 03/24/05 01:42 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: hail2oldku]
SDakotaJayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: Frost Arena
Quote:
He doesn't have that "air" about him that puts a person off (unlike someone else that has been discussed on this board)

Are you talking about Roy? He is one of the few celebs that I have met that I have actually gone way out of my way to meet. He wasn't the coolest considering the circumstances (I won't go into full detail). I was a bit upset, b/c at that time he was my boy (and I told him so).

#2615 - 03/24/05 01:47 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: SDakotaJayhawk]
hail2oldku Offline
Pure Jayhawk

We have a winner!!

#2616 - 03/24/05 01:51 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: BlueGrassHawk]
ChicagoHawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I'm tired of defending myself. I know its hard to believe that bball players actually live in the same world as us. Just look around, I am sure several of you have met and continue meeting several Ks ball players as I know I did when I lived in lawrence. The reason being they live around you. Thats the same as me. As said I have season tickets to several pro venues in Chicago because sports is what I like to do. We have several pro sports teams and several college teams so you end up running into people every once in a while. If its hard to believe than what can I say. There is no reason to bash someone for telling you about very sports figures not that impressive (exception mj) that I have come into contact with in my past. Like I don't have anything better to do than make up stories, i'm not even that good of a liar to begin with. The point that I have been trying to make since the beginning is that we all have one thing in common we like ks bball. With that said, every time i have an opportunity to talk ks bball with someone who is kind of neat to talk with i go out of my way to do so and think that you would find these encounters interesting. I think that some of my posts can contribute to this board. The reason I log into the site all the time is so I can read about information that you guys supply me with so I don't live in Lawrence. I thought that you too would appreciate receiving information from out in the field about various KU encounters. Anyways, I am not going to continue to retaliate and put the rest of you down because i don't want to stoop to that level, but I won't post about anything in the future. Best.

#2617 - 03/24/05 01:51 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: ChicagoHawk]
BlueGrassHawk Offline
Down With the Shine

Loc: Elevation, 5,351 ft
funny that the team that you cheer for is in PoDunk Kansas aswell. i have never understood and never will understand why people think and act like they are better than someone else because of were they are from. yeah your not a "topper"! why acted like because your from C-town that makes you better than anyone else on this board. i do not live in Ks anymore but to me its about the best place on earth. an i have lived in NY,Ohio, and Ky and Ks has something that they all dont. but if your not from PoDunk Ks you wouldnt know what it is.

Edited by BlueGrassHawk (03/24/05 02:01 PM)

#2618 - 03/24/05 01:54 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: ChicagoHawk]
jensen Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Charleston, SC
Quite familiar with Olympia thanks. Walked the course as Watson was leading the pack. I lived up there for a little while. I have a number of college friends that are from Chicago. I see the attitude of the Chicago Jayhawks hasn't changed. A very arrogant bunch. Uppity perhaps.

#2619 - 03/24/05 01:55 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: ChicagoHawk]
BlueGrassHawk Offline
Down With the Shine

your right all stop my bashing of your post, sorry for what i said. preach on brother

#2620 - 03/24/05 01:56 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: ChicagoHawk]
kansasnation Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:
I've played golf with MJ and have talked ku hoops with him but since I'm a "terrible liar" we won't talk about that.

I never said you were a terrible liar, I just said it was a possibility.
If you've ever read a message board you should know not everything you read is true. I've never met you and I have no idea if you're lying or not, but you shouldn't take such offense just because I don't whole-heartedly believe everything you type.
If your feelings are hurt because of this, maybe you should stop being a pu$$y.

Edited by kansasnation (03/24/05 01:59 PM)

#2621 - 03/24/05 01:59 PM Re: Let's see . . . [Re: ChicagoHawk]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
You graduated from Julian Wright's high school 9 years ago. That would make you about 27 years old.

MJ's rookie year was 20 years ago.

So you caddied at Olympia and played a round of golf with MJ when you were 7. Pretty impressive, I must say.

#2622 - 03/24/05 02:02 PM Re: Let's see . . . [Re: Leawood]
BlueGrassHawk Offline
Down With the Shine

Leawood stop adding up numbers!

#2623 - 03/24/05 02:02 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: kansasnation]
ChicagoHawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

John. Being a Puss!. I would knock the sh!t out of you. If you want to pm me and let me know when you will be in the Chi we can arrange for that. But, be careful who you are calling out because I guarantee I would stomp you like the B!tch you are.

#2624 - 03/24/05 02:02 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: SDakotaJayhawk]
badair Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Topeka
I,honest to God,met and talked at length with the real Phog! While I was a student one of my part time jobs was delivering flowers for Allison-Thomas Flowers in Lawrence.One of my deliveries was to the Phog on his 70th birthday.At that time he was practicing Osteopathy in an office on (I believe)eighth st. just east of Mass. My H.S. coach played for DR. Allen in the forties and that set us off into a long and memorable discussion. He was all they say he was. What a spellbinder!

Edited by badair (03/24/05 02:13 PM)

#2625 - 03/24/05 02:04 PM Re: I Was Talking KS BBall With Kentuckys Tuby Smith [Re: ChicagoHawk]
BlueGrassHawk Offline
Down With the Shine

Quote:
John. Being a Puss!. I would knock the sh!t out of you. If you want to pm me and let me know when you will be in the Chi we can arrange for that. But, be careful who you are calling out because I guarantee I would stomp you like the B!tch you are.

WOW, cant we all just get along. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

#2626 - 03/24/05 02:08 PM Re: Did I tell you all that [Re: BlueGrassHawk]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
when I was 7 years old, I played a set of tennis with Rod Laver?

Even though I was able to take four games from him, I simply couldn't handle his left handed serve. Didn't get a single break point on his serve.

I think I was able to get the games I got off of him because we played on clay.

Edited by Leawood (03/24/05 02:08 PM)

Page 2 of 301 < 1 2 3 4 ... 300 301 >

Preview