Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#22892 - 01/10/07 12:04 PM Better get out all the LGSU stuff first....
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...

#22893 - 01/10/07 02:21 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: brando]
Earle2212 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Wichita KS
I drove by that place the other day. The house, like the man, is unassuming. By the way, I didn't drive by there to gawk; I was in the 'hood on business and just happened to notice.

#22894 - 01/10/07 03:30 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: brando]
grape Offline
Dead Cat in the Middle of the Road

ah... BTK
Anybody get DNA tested back in the day (largest DNA sweep in history)? I did, they thought my dad was BTK, even picked him up and questioned him at the same time they got my DNA.
I'm glad my dad wasn't a serial killer, but I must admit I had my doubts (sorry dad).

#22895 - 01/10/07 03:35 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: grape]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
uh yeah....

#22896 - 01/10/07 03:36 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: grape]
bighawk84 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: USA
Quote:

ah... BTK
Anybody get DNA tested back in the day (largest DNA sweep in history)? I did, they thought my dad was BTK, even picked him up and questioned him at the same time they got my DNA.
I'm glad my dad wasn't a serial killer, but I must admit I had my doubts (sorry dad).

I thought all KSU fans had to be tested for serial killings!

#22897 - 01/10/07 03:41 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: bighawk84]
grape Offline
Dead Cat in the Middle of the Road

that is almost as funny as your unoriginal generic sheep joke you use as your signature.

#22898 - 01/10/07 04:46 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: grape]
Earle2212 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Wichita KS
Having lived in Wichita for most of the BTK ordeal, my friends and I suspected many people of being that fella. In fact, when we were at a popular bar/dance place, we were convinced one guy was THE guy so we never went to the restroom if we saw him enter there. Of course, that guy wasn't BTK.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine had a dinner party several years ago and one of the guests, "a nice, quiet" guy, was later convicted of being a serial rapist and murderer.

#22899 - 01/10/07 05:10 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: Earle2212]
prairie_dog Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Shawnee, Kansas
Was he a Grape too?

#22900 - 01/10/07 05:44 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: prairie_dog]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

BTK was a WSU alum.

I see where KU's favorite son found himself a friendly judge out in Denver. Lots of ticked off former jurors and litigators back in Topeka.

Pretty sad when a guy raids a public utility along with a long list of KU cronies and a former KU chancellor and gets away with it.

Who can forget the scene a few years ago when a whose-who of KU alums and chancellors came speeding out of the courthouse parking lot in Topeka.

#22901 - 01/10/07 05:54 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I SURE AS HELL TRIED TO FORGET IT!

But the Appeals Court says......NOT GUILTY!

It's OK with all of us WESTAR customers...this mornings paper says the SHAREHOLDERS have to pay the legal fees!

#22902 - 01/10/07 06:02 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: beenahawk]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

Yep that really sucks.

Hopefully for you prominent KSU alumnus and chairman of the Westar Board C.Q. Chandler will help steer the company through this and ease the pain for the consumers.

It hasn't been easy after the mess the KU junta left behind.

#22903 - 01/10/07 06:06 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

One letter to the editor today said that's legal assistance that $$$$ can buy....reminded him of the OJ trial, except that he is still ONLY 99.99% certain of OJ's guilt!

#22904 - 01/10/07 06:08 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: beenahawk]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

Yeah, they were sure raking up huge fees.

#22905 - 01/10/07 06:17 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Chandler...Mr. "I never saw a banking fee I didn't try to impose." There's a real leader for you. I know, lets install ATM's as a convenience to cut teller costs and then CHARGE people to use them! He must have gotten his graduate degree at NCNB University. I wouldn't trust him guiding a one car funeral procession.

#22906 - 01/10/07 06:17 PM Re: Better get out all the LGSU stuff first.... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

As you so often say "SAD".........

I can only hope that Dave and Doug dropped the soap more than once!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview