Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#21979 - 01/08/07 10:40 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: shades]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
you all realize what this means, right? KANSAS JAYHAWKS 1007 NATIONAL CHAMPS!

#21980 - 01/08/07 11:00 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: tubby]
shades Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: South of Paris
The mighty have fallen--one of the reasons we love college football. Go Gators--41-14.

#21981 - 01/08/07 11:02 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: shades]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

i am actually surprised, i would have thought that after meyer camapigned for title game and criticized the BCS system, the football gods would exact their revenge.

florida....holding 2 titles simultaneously: bball and football. that's damn impressive!

#21982 - 01/09/07 08:26 AM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: shades]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Quote:

Buckeyes aren't giving up. Nice TD drive. Gators 21-14. Surprisingly good game so far.

Where is the vaunted Ohio State D?

The same place they were against Fishagain. Ohio State played against a bunch of Big 10 junk all year. The Gators played in a real conference against real competition. I had no doubt the Gators would score a bunch.

#21983 - 01/09/07 11:33 AM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: kuking123]
Jman1 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

I love it. OSU has been exposed for the fraud that it is. Gotta love it when those trash-talkin',Heisman Holdin, NCAA cheatin B@stards get their @ss completely handed to 'em. The Big ten was weak this year and the SEC proved to everyone that it is the best conferrence in the land. Florida whipped their @ss every which way from Sunday. OSU players before the game saying they would rout the Gators. Man, what a BEAT DOWN.

#21984 - 01/09/07 12:55 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: Jman1]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

OSU was not really a "fraud". They did beat two number 2's and were undefeated even though they didn't have to play much besides Texas and Michigan. They deserved the #1 ranking but proved they were not the best team. The Big 10 conference was a fraud compared to the SEC. Ferentz and his Hawkeyes proved that the BIG 10 is a joke. To think the #1 and #2 teams in the country came from that conference at one point of the season proves to me the "voters" who are the "experts" vote for who should be ranked #1 and #2 but not who the best and second best teams truly are.

#21985 - 01/09/07 01:44 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: kuking123]
holidaysmore Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I was surprised but not really because Florida is really that good. When you come out of the SEC the champs you are obviously doing something right. The SEC proved they are the top dog conference right now. That game was over by halftime because Ohio State was in shock. The Ohio State defenses soft zone got picked apart and they got zero pressure on Leak so he was able to pick apart that zone.

#21986 - 01/09/07 02:11 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: holidaysmore]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

I have been known to say you should go with the team that has the better coach and QB combo. Most would have said Tressell and Smith before the game. It sure was Meyer and Leak/Tebow last night. Looks like Meyer has established himself as one of the best. He turned down the N.D. job for Florida. Looks like another great move on his part. Golden Domers are "stuck" with Charlie "Tuna" Weis.

#21987 - 01/09/07 02:12 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: holidaysmore]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin
You're all crazy. Florida was the better team last night. Have a rematch next week and you'd get a much different dynamic, and probably a much different game.

Nothing beats being told you can't win -- for a month straight -- for motivation. (Also see Boise State.)

Nothing dulls your edge more than being told repeatedly (during your endless layoff) that you can't lose. (Also see OU.)

If the SEC were so superior, somebody would have predicted a Florida win -- actually a Florida blowout.

Who here can prove that they predicted a Florida blowout?

If the SEC were so superior, they'd produce more national champions, year in, year out. They'd never lose! You wouldn't have had a Big XII team beating a Pac 10 team in the title game last year. And so on.

Too many people on these boards suffer from the fallacy of extrapolating from recent results. KU loses a b-ball game, so everyone says Self sucks. We win, and we're the next national champions.

I'd say the SEC top to bottom is better than the Big 10 -- but not because of last night's game.

#21988 - 01/09/07 02:16 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: Kirk]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

LSU finished in 3rd place in the SEC West. Enough said.

#21989 - 01/09/07 02:22 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: kuking123]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Auburn -- who defeated LSU and Florida -- barely got past Nebraska.

I cheerfully agree that the SEC is a great conference. But that wasn't the point.

#21990 - 01/09/07 02:33 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: Kirk]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

I understand your points and we could debate this to different degrees for hours. The SEC had a great year this year and the Big 10 was off if you can consider having 3 very good teams "off". The rest of the Big 10 was pathetic this year besides OSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Oh well, this year is over. On to next year.

#21991 - 01/09/07 02:40 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: kuking123]
Kirk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Amazing that lowly Wisconsin (Big 10 scum) somehow defeated Arkansas -- masters of the SEC West that you talk about.

I agree -- the SEC was better -- and yes, we could debate all this stuff all evening.

Point being? Everyone is such an expert -- AFTER the game is over. And yes, it's a fallacy to extrapolate global significance from single recent events.

#21992 - 01/09/07 03:18 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: Kirk]
HawkInDaHaus89 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Colorado
OSU did not show up last night and Florida played its best game of the season last night. UF won 5 games by 7 or fewer points. They struggled at lowly Vanderbilt and lost to Auburn which beat NU by 3 in the Cotton Bowl. I think that OSU listened and believed in all the media hype how they were going to rout Florida. Reminds me when Miami was predicted to rout OSU back in 2003 and we know what happened.

#21993 - 01/09/07 03:20 PM Re: Mythical Title Game: Ohio State vs. Florida [Re: HawkInDaHaus89]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

wisconsin beat arkansas because biliema (sp?) is banging erin andrews, and with erin on your side, the stars just align.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview