Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20800 - 01/09/07 04:00 PM 154... [Re: jayhawk154]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
you obviously have no understanding of nfl pay scales.

last year you ranted about what a poor choice morris was, now you defend him somehow that he's running from the program. when in-fact he's taking advantage of the next opportunity in the nfl.

horton is a offensive coordinator now at air force. he was an backs coach at state.

and aTm pays whatever it takes to get cole who was national strength coach of the year awhile back.

all these were promotions for solid coaches.

#20801 - 01/09/07 04:02 PM Re: 154... [Re: tmcats]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Petro said Morris's wife couldn't stand Manhattan. Take it up with him, not me.

#20802 - 01/09/07 04:03 PM Re: nice try? [Re: trojanhawk]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Anyone who thinks that living in Manhattan, Ks isn't a hinderance is smoking some of the weed that grows wild along the rivers and creeks. No offense TM, but its not a retirement or working destination for many and for good reason.

#20803 - 01/09/07 04:06 PM the fastest growing region... [Re: NotAPuke]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
in the state, manhappy.

#20804 - 01/09/07 04:06 PM Re: trojan... [Re: jayhawk154]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

If you've lived in Florida, and you like Florida and Florida is where you want to be . . . then pretty much anywhere in Kansas is going to suck hard. Of course this is hard to explain to people who have deluded themselves into believing that Lawrence, KANSAS isn't actually in KANSAS. Having just been back to Kansas to go hunting and having just driven through Lawrence, I can affirm to you that Lawrence is still in Kansas, still surrounded by cornfields, and some chemical, or processing plant on the Northeast side of Lawrence was spewing forth some foul smelling bilge. Big I digress.

Now with the coaches:

Cole-Nice guy, not at all sorry to seem him move on. It's time for a change at the top of the KSU S&C program for many reasons.

Horton-He wasn't going to be the OC at KSU, so he left for a promotion.

Morris-I admit I was enthused about him at first and thought he was doing a nice job through much of the season. But as things progressed, if that's what the Tampa 2 is going to look like at the college level, then no thanks for a myriad of reasons.

The rest, I really don't care to be honest, because I haven't seen anything one way or the other that makes me either mad or glad they'll be gone. Hindsight may prove me wrong down the road though as it always can.

#20805 - 01/09/07 04:16 PM Re: 154... [Re: tmcats]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

I do understand NFL pay scales, timmy. I just find it interesting that there's been such a significant turnover after Year 1 of the Prince.

I'm not saying he's all that, either. So, don't turn my words back my way...I'm wondering why TB would hire a guy who did so little as a D1 Coordinator? Oh, they didn't hire him as a coordinator, that's right.

If you can't admit that at least your DC left due to unhappiness, then you need to talk to your "source" again and find out what that HUGE package was that K-State couldn't meet. Report back once that's done, mkay?

#20806 - 01/09/07 04:21 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: tmcats]
c_dawg Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Kansas
I can recognize and appreciate the argument that the three coaches (that have been confirmed as taking off) left for better positions, or at the least more desirable jobs based upon personal beliefs.

But if the rumor proves true, that five, maybe six coaches are on their way out, that has to be bit concerning, doesn't it? Having a third of your staff take off after one year at the helm looks bad, even if the facts demonstrate they all left for greener pastures. Additionally, if the general feeling was that this is/was a team likely to improve on a season that already exceeded expectations, why the mass exodus?

#20807 - 01/09/07 04:25 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: tmcats]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
Quote:

in the state, manhappy.

stats like that are quite deceiving. yeah, might be fastest growing, but that still gives one no qualitative indication of the place. just a quantitative index. if 10 people live in town A and 1 new moves in....10% growth rate. if 1000 people live in town B and 99 move in, 9.9%. nice demographic settling in "the region" (aka....junction city, or los junctionos, ft. riley), btw.

#20808 - 01/09/07 04:56 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: tubby]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

Quote:

Quote:

in the state, manhappy.

stats like that are quite deceiving. yeah, might be fastest growing, but that still gives one no qualitative indication of the place. just a quantitative index. if 10 people live in town A and 1 new moves in....10% growth rate. if 1000 people live in town B and 99 move in, 9.9%. nice demographic settling in "the region" (aka....junction city, or los junctionos, ft. riley), btw.

Yeah, because you just can't get enough of those cookie cutter subdivisions and the "quality" of life there in Eudora and DeSoto. Plus, Lawrence's populations actually declined, and many long time residents aren't really happy with the place anymore.

#20809 - 01/09/07 05:01 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
there may be newer numbers out, but a decline in population would certainly represent an anomaly.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/20/2038900.html

#20810 - 01/09/07 05:04 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Yeah, because you just can't get enough of those cookie cutter subdivisions...

Or cookie cutter malls. What's Poyntz look like these days?

#20811 - 01/09/07 05:07 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Maybe Morris's wife is just a real nag, CarpBait. It couldn't have been Manhattan. It has a perfectly charming mall just across the bridge.

#20812 - 01/09/07 05:27 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: RManFlint]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

Quote:

Maybe Morris's wife is just a real nag, CarpBait. It couldn't have been Manhattan. It has a perfectly charming mall just across the bridge.

Or maybe Manhattan could have taken an historic building and made it an Outlet Mall . . . that was one "beautiful" building there. Or stuck a monstrosity of a town hall, ode to 1980's Corporate Woods Office Building right next to it.

#20813 - 01/09/07 07:21 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: jaynieskitchen]
gatorhawk Offline
Sheldon Cooper

KSU is loosing

Offensive coordinator
Defensive coordinator
running backs coach
Strength Coach
Assistant head Coach

And you want to argue about Outlet Malls. How pathetic. If 5 or 6 managers left from a company all at once, would you assume that everything was great at that company?

#20814 - 01/09/07 07:27 PM Re: the fastest growing region... [Re: gatorhawk]
jaynieskitchen Offline
carpbait

Quote:

KSU is loosing

Offensive coordinator
Defensive coordinator
running backs coach
Strength Coach
Assistant head Coach

And you want to argue about Outlet Malls. How pathetic. If 5 or 6 managers left from a company all at once, would you assume that everything was great at that company?

Nice work . . . I guess you didn't read my original post.

I wouldn't assume anything until I knew all the facts . . . what if 5 or 6 managers left to form their own company??

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview