Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2049528 - 07/28/20 10:22 PM In-State recruiting
Yardbirdbob Offline
John Brown

I saw where KSU landed commitments from 3 in-state recruits this week. I know Miles and Co. are hitting SEC country hard, and that is probably where they feel they can get the best bang for the buck. But local recruits have a way of making fans out of locals who otherwise aren't that into football. Especially in rural towns like Hays and Coffeville.

#2049529 - 07/28/20 11:56 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: Yardbirdbob]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
But local recruits have a way of making fans out of locals who otherwise aren't that into football. Especially in rural towns like Hays and Coffeville.

lol who cares

#2049538 - 07/29/20 03:54 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: JimWest]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: JimWest
But local recruits have a way of making fans out of locals who otherwise aren't that into football. Especially in rural towns like Hays and Coffeville.

lol who cares

In answer to JW's question....most intelligent people care....he makes a good point. the BEST Kansas teams have always had loads of Kansas kids.

#2049542 - 07/29/20 04:11 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: beenahawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

lol who cares

In answer to JW's question....most intelligent people care....he makes a good point. the BEST Kansas teams have always had loads of Kansas kids.

The "BEST Kansas teams" are still pretty bad nationally. So, again, who cares whether a bunch of ruralites like KU.

#2049545 - 07/29/20 04:58 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: JimWest]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

lol who cares

The "BEST Kansas teams" are still pretty bad nationally. So, again, who cares whether a bunch of ruralites like KU.

So you think that the best KU teams, like the 60, 61, 68, 73, 75, 81, 92, 95, 05 and 07 squads were "bad nationally". You know NOTHING of KU Football and less of KU Grid history. What the hell is your purpose on this board?

#2049547 - 07/29/20 05:08 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: beenahawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

So you think that the best KU teams, like the 60, 61, 68, 73, 75, 81, 92, 95, 05 and 07 squads were "bad nationally". You know NOTHING of KU Football and less of KU Grid history. What the hell is your purpose on this board?

Which one of those teams won a national championship?

I'll gladly eat crow if you produce a trophy.

#2049548 - 07/29/20 05:10 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: Yardbirdbob]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Now, let's go one further, or more appropriately back to the point...

Which one of those teams was good nationally because of their increased numbers of rural Kansans on the roster?

Yeah, you won't answer that because it's dumb.

#2049559 - 07/30/20 08:55 AM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: JimWest]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Which one of those teams was good nationally because of their increased numbers of rural Kansans on the roster?

The 73 Squad Had Jaynes at QB, Adams WR, Zook DE, Towel and Baird at LB, Cromwell FS, Beason, NG, Smith and Campfield at RB just to name a few all conference, All American and future NFL players who hailed from the Sunflower State on a team that finished top 20 Nationally.

#2049561 - 07/30/20 10:20 AM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: beenahawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

The 73 Squad Had Jaynes at QB, Adams WR, Zook DE, Towel and Baird at LB, Cromwell FS, Beason, NG, Smith and Campfield at RB just to name a few all conference, All American and future NFL players who hailed from the Sunflower State on a team that finished top 20 Nationally.

lololololol

The 73 team? Dude, that was 50 years ago. FIFTY.

Point proven.

#2049562 - 07/30/20 10:23 AM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: Yardbirdbob]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Also, and you know, this is the whole point: What makes you so certain that the 73 team was successful because of an increased number of rural Kansans on the roster?

(I'll temporarily allow you the assumption that the 73 team was good nationally - which isn't true.)

#2049563 - 07/30/20 11:20 AM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: beenahawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
miles pulled some scholarship offers that as a result sent kids to places like northern Iowa. that gets around the state and does not sit well with high school coaches.

generally, kansas kids tend to be undervalued, see deneen brothers, ben heneey, wyatt hubert, jordy, sproles, whitehair, on and on.

that said, the difference between les's style and klieman's is night and day, isn't it. so, this will be interesting to watch unfold over the next few years. they obviously don't like one another, so that makes it even more fun, kind of like self and weber.

k-state's going to be really good this year, gentlemen.

#2049565 - 07/30/20 04:32 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: JimWest]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Also, and you know, this is the whole point: What makes you so certain that the 73 team was successful because of an increased number of rural Kansans on the roster?

(I'll temporarily allow you the assumption that the 73 team was good nationally - which isn't true.)

Those names listed were all from small Kansas towns. Cromwell, from Ransom which is about a RURAL as it gets. Big-8 Frosh of the year, later all Big-8 Safety, All Big-8 QB and on many AA Lists at QB. I believe he was a Pro Bowler for the Rams 9 times. He did help that 73 squad to a successful season. KU finished 2nd in Big-8 behind eventual Natl Champ OU.

List the greatest KU players in history and virtually ALL of them hail from the Sunflower State with only a few exceptions...............

#2049566 - 07/30/20 04:57 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: beenahawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Those names listed were all from small Kansas towns. Cromwell, from Ransom which is about a RURAL as it gets. Big-8 Frosh of the year, later all Big-8 Safety, All Big-8 QB and on many AA Lists at QB. I believe he was a Pro Bowler for the Rams 9 times. He did help that 73 squad to a successful season. KU finished 2nd in Big-8 behind eventual Natl Champ OU.

You didn't answer the question at all. This is a total deflection. Go back and read what I wrote and try again.

Here, I'll translate for your feeble brain:

What about them being rural Kansans made the team better?

That's the topic of discussion here. Anything else is non sequitur ruralite revisionist deflection.

#2049567 - 07/30/20 05:04 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: beenahawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

List the greatest KU players in history and virtually ALL of them hail from the Sunflower State with only a few exceptions...............

Aqib Talib
Todd Reesing
Derek Fine
Charles Gordon
Marcus Herford
Jon Cornish
Anthony Collins
Marcus Henry
James McClinton
John Randle
Banks Floodman
Brandon McAnderson
Mike Rivera
Bill Whittemore
The Great Danny Lewis

etc.

#2049568 - 07/30/20 05:05 PM Re: In-State recruiting [Re: Yardbirdbob]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Of course, you moved the goalposts again, like a true inbred ruralite.

We aren't talking about Kansans. We are talking about RURAL Kansans.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview