gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
How far he has fallen

#2049513 - 07/28/20 02:49 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: track]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
ESPN News Services

Former San Francisco 49ers player Dana Stubblefield was found guilty of rape by a Santa Clara County jury on Monday following a nine-month trial and five years after the woman reported the 2015 sexual assault to police.

He could face 15 years to life in prison.

Prosecutors said Stubblefield lured the then-31-year-old woman, who has developmental disabilities, to his home in Morgan Hill, California, on April 9, 2015, under the pretense of a babysitting job.

The jury found Stubblefield, 49, guilty of rape by force, oral copulation by force and false imprisonment and acquitted him of raping a person incapable of giving consent, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Jurors also found that Stubblefield used a gun during the assault, prosecutors said.
ESPN

#2049516 - 07/28/20 03:42 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: JimWest]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: JimWest
racist

Racist huh? Dana raped a WHITE woman? News didn't say so obviously Jim West knows the details.

Sad to see this in any event. Dana was one of my all time favorite Hawk Gridders. Dana's speed and big Gilbert's mass and strength made those early Mason D-Lines as tough as they come.

#2049519 - 07/28/20 04:21 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: beenahawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
racist

Racist huh? Dana raped a WHITE woman? News didn't say so obviously Jim West knows the details.

Sad to see this in any event. Dana was one of my all time favorite Hawk Gridders. Dana's speed and big Gilbert's mass and strength made those early Mason D-Lines as tough as they come.

I don't know what makes men act like animals, been. it is so damn sad and on so many levels. the lack of humanity. just think what his family has to deal with now? i remember a k-state football player shaking his baby to near death. just miserableness beyond belief.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=3782229

#2049521 - 07/28/20 04:56 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: track]
madcapper Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Ozarks
Same reason they tolerate a racist like you.

#2049523 - 07/28/20 06:29 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: track]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Bingo.

#2049532 - 07/29/20 10:08 AM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: JimWest]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
racist

?

tmcats is a racist. That's the statement. That will always be the statement.
It's something personal between you JM and the other person. Personal message him and leave us out of it. You said it more than once, now drop it.

#2049534 - 07/29/20 12:11 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: JimWest]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Although the term Oreo, thought to be used exclusively by blacks, is according to some race experts, a term used by the masses.

"It's hard to say who uses it more, but I think whites often use it in reference to particular blacks," says Charlton McIlwain, co-director of the Project on Race in Political Communication at New York University. "I think when whites use it, they think they are making a positive statement, but what they are saying is 'you're more like one of us than one of them. And obviously that is better and to be preferred.' They say this without realizing the presumption that it makes, which is white is good, black is bad."

For African-Americans like Weheliye, the word promotes the perception that blacks do not perform well academically or know how to behave in a civilized manner.

"There is no reason at this point in time for all black people to be the same," says Weheliye. "Black people can be different yet have similar political goals and so forth. I think the word Oreo plays into the system a little bit too much for me because it eludes that a certain type of education, way of behaving and presenting yourself are characteristics that only white people possess."

#2049537 - 07/29/20 03:18 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: track]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: track
Although the term Oreo, thought to be used exclusively by blacks, is according to some race experts, a term used by the masses.

"It's hard to say who uses it more, but I think whites often use it in reference to particular blacks," says Charlton McIlwain, co-director of the Project on Race in Political Communication at New York University. "I think when whites use it, they think they are making a positive statement, but what they are saying is 'you're more like one of us than one of them. And obviously that is better and to be preferred.' They say this without realizing the presumption that it makes, which is white is good, black is bad."

For African-Americans like Weheliye, the word promotes the perception that blacks do not perform well academically or know how to behave in a civilized manner.

"There is no reason at this point in time for all black people to be the same," says Weheliye. "Black people can be different yet have similar political goals and so forth. I think the word Oreo plays into the system a little bit too much for me because it eludes that a certain type of education, way of behaving and presenting yourself are characteristics that only white people possess."

what in the world is happening to the country that we reach for conclusions like that about a cookie? here: an oreo is racist because the white filling is squeezed between two black wafers. thus, it shows blacks are superior as whites wouldn't exist without their contributions holding it all together. that makes as much sense as: he's a stupid idiot. stop doing this to ourselves, people.

#2049540 - 07/29/20 04:00 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tmcats
racist

I don't know what makes men act like animals, been. it is so damn sad and on so many levels. the lack of humanity. just think what his family has to deal with now? i remember a k-state football player shaking his baby to near death. just miserableness beyond belief.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=3782229

Something must have snapped....Dana was a good young man....perhaps it's living in that cesspool of San Francisco. I know I'd snap in that warped ass view of life.

#2049543 - 07/29/20 04:40 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: tmcats]
track Online   content
gale sayers

In February, a state-run media outlet in China mocked Gary Locke, who was signing off as U.S. ambassador to that country. "Gary Locke is a U.S.-born, third-generation Chinese-American, and his being a banana — 'yellow skin and white heart' — became an advantage for Obama's foreign policy,' " the editorial read.

Years ago, a (possibly apocryphal) story circulated about Democratic activists throwing Oreos at Michael Steele, the black former head of the Republican party.

That got us thinking about the very long list of foods that double as shorthands for racial betrayal. Banana and Oreo, sure. There's Twinkie, which does the same work as banana. There's apple, leveled at Native Americans who are allegedly white on the inside. And there's coconut, which is a sort of an all-purpose, you're-white-on-the-inside epithet for all manner of brownness — Desis, Latinos, Afro-Caribbeans.

Freddie Boswell, our colleague who went to school in the United Kingdom, said that the folks across the pond have their own term for this: Bounty Bar, as in the coconut-filled chocolate bar. According to the Racial Slur Database — isn't the Internet amazing? — black police officers in England apparently get this one a lot.

#2049544 - 07/29/20 04:53 PM Re: Dana Stubblefield [Re: JimWest]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: tmcats

what in the world is happening to the country that we reach for conclusions like that about a cookie? here: an oreo is racist because the white filling is squeezed between two black wafers. thus, it shows blacks are superior as whites wouldn't exist without their contributions holding it all together. that makes as much sense as: he's a stupid idiot. stop doing this to ourselves, people.

Look at this racist deflection. Note how he refuses to tell us why he uses the word "oreo" to refer to black people at KU. He only says that "oreo" shouldn't be a bad word because it can mean other things.

There's only one conclusion to be drawn from this: tmcats is a racist.

In your world 2 plus 2 equals 3. TM in a tongue firmly in cheek way, describes Mount Oread as "oreo" and you have manged to take that to mean a reference to blacks at KU. In any world, that's a S T R E T C H of epic proportions. Please take your own racist bigotry over the the Hawk on Politics Board and let the rest of us discuss whatever might remain of football, which is also now firmly controlled by the word police.

Preview