Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2048440 - 04/28/20 02:58 PM Beaty's defense damages current regime
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Accusing Miles of same violations Beaty's legal team will hurt the current KU football program. To me, his firing was because of performance but violations just added to it. It is irrelevant what Miles and his staff are doing. It is athletic director's prerogative to fire coaches or retain them. He isn't required to fire another coach because of the same alleged violations. The unaired portions of "Miles to Go" were off the record.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/apr/28/judge-rules-miles-go-footage-2019-practice-film-ca/

#2048442 - 04/28/20 04:20 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
KU needs to pay Beaty his contract monies, end of debate. This entire episode is far worse a black eye than the program needs at this point. Was Beaty a bad coach? Yes. Have KU AD's made multiple mistakes in the past 12 years? You bet! Why compound all those mistakes by not living up to them? DUMB! crazy

#2048443 - 04/28/20 05:52 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Now, with all the money lost on not playing Big 12 tourney and NCAA tourney, athletic dept. will be strapped for cash. I guess it comes down to what's allowable for "cause" on firing. I think they were going to go ahead and pay him but thought they found an out later.

Most school athletic depts. will be hurting for money.

#2048445 - 04/28/20 10:37 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

KU should have paid him his severance and been done with this. After legal fees and the rest of this nonsense, the ultimate cost will be much more.

#2048453 - 04/29/20 11:10 AM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
this lawsuit is interesting for nothing other than the court's goofball rulings. what the hell does miles's program have to do with beaty breaking ncaa regs and thus his ku contract? "oh look, he did it too." my gosh, the judiciary is beyond help making the villain a hero it seems.

as far as the "miles to go" footage, please ku. why allow the "show" in the first place if you're worried opponents may get some sort of competitive advantage on a 1-8 opponent from the previous year? that's a laugher defense.

#2048461 - 04/29/20 03:43 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
KU needs to pay Beaty his contract monies, end of debate. This entire episode is far worse a black eye than the program needs at this point. Was Beaty a bad coach? Yes. Have KU AD's made multiple mistakes in the past 12 years? You bet! Why compound all those mistakes by not living up to them? DUMB! crazy

It looks bad but if Beaty is guilty and KU doesn't hold coaches up to that standard then when will they? If KU may get punitive damages by the NCAA or Big XII for Beaty's actions then yeah let them show it. At this point KU has already damaged itself by not settling this before now. It's too late to save face and to give up and pay Beaty instead of going to court is just going to be just as bad and Beaty could still be dragging KU through the mud. Lets see what happens. I think the way Beaty didn't meet expectations was enough cause for termination. He negotiated this contract and he's arguing his infractions were there but less than what KU has determined. That's not the greatest defense. Yeah I did it, but it wasn't as bad as you are trying to determine. I have a feeling KU knows they don't have to pay and due to the infractions probably don't want to.

#2048462 - 04/29/20 03:47 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Accusing Miles of same violations Beaty's legal team will hurt the current KU football program. To me, his firing was because of performance but violations just added to it. It is irrelevant what Miles and his staff are doing. It is athletic director's prerogative to fire coaches or retain them. He isn't required to fire another coach because of the same alleged violations. The unaired portions of "Miles to Go" were off the record.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/apr/28/judge-rules-miles-go-footage-2019-practice-film-ca/

The "but he did it too" defense isn't exactly a winner for Beaty. It'll just reaffirm t hat Beaty agrees he did it. If they validate it is enough for termination and for cause and within the contract, that would end Beaty's defense. The Miles portion has nothing to do with Beaty. What will it do? Get Beaty in trouble with an infraction? Will it really hurt Miles or the team? Doubtful. Not if they are okay with it and willing to keep Miles. Miles may be worried because he could be terminated for the same reason down the road but that's on Miles, not KU.

#2048463 - 04/29/20 03:51 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Considering the exorbitant legal fees both sides are spending, KU and Beaty would probably be money ahead by settling out of court with a compromised figure. The problem is, they both think they can win.

#2048467 - 04/29/20 04:45 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

tmcats is a racist and I won't be silenced on this.

#2048468 - 04/29/20 05:10 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
madcapper Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Ozarks
The racist jim west with another accusation.

#2048469 - 04/29/20 05:26 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: madcapper]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: madcapper
The racist jim west with another accusation.

No, this is the same assessment. Try to keep up.

And, in what way is JimWest racist? You have yet to answer that.

#2048485 - 04/30/20 04:03 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: AlOerter]
madcapper Online   content
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Ozarks
Seems like one who oftens calls others racist or plays the racist card is most likely the racist. You have yet to show any facts just your opinion. Keep up.

#2048488 - 04/30/20 05:02 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: madcapper]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Seems like one who oftens calls others racist or plays the racist card is most likely the racist. You have yet to show any facts just your opinion. Keep up.

Are you kidding? JimWest always brings the facts. You are just illiterate.

#2048491 - 04/30/20 06:33 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: JimWest

Are you kidding? JimWest always brings the facts. You are just illiterate.
You bring name-calling more than facts.

#2048496 - 04/30/20 07:49 PM Re: Beaty's defense damages current regime [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
You bring name-calling more than facts.

lol

Typical ruralite racist apologist response.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview