Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2047673 - 03/22/20 05:37 PM Re: Dotson and Azubuike both 2nd team [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

I just haven't chosen to watch any of the reruns at this time. Yeah, I occasionally got to see Wilt on TV. Three things had to happen: a game had to be televised (many weren't), it needed to be on the one channel we had that we received clearly, and, if not, it had to be on a channel better than just snow. I remember "watching" a KU game Wilt played in and had to imagine I saw him through the TV snow. I could see figures part of the time, but not very clearly.

#2047677 - 03/22/20 06:39 PM Re: Dotson and Azubuike both 2nd team [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
With Dem rabbit ears...no you probably had one them huge antennas that were about 40 ft high just to pull in Garden City and maybe Hutchinson...

#2047683 - 03/22/20 09:41 PM Re: Dotson and Azubuike both 2nd team [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Right on about the tower. We ended up with three stations nearby before I left for college. One reason for the tower was our use of CB radios. That was a year or two before cell phones. Because of what some call skips we'd talk to people from all over the country and even other countries. All kind of outdated these days.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview