Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2047574 - 03/19/20 12:14 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Yes I am dammit... oooops....hell with this isolation it's hard not to post.. and wtf is Lawrence bars open and KC bars aren't... haven't had a beer since Saturday...

#2047576 - 03/19/20 04:34 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Several are clamoring for various schools to be considered the men's NCAA champions for this past season. My first post shares my opinion and gives a basis for it. In addition, Strength of Schedule, face to face games, and games of common opponents are serious factors to consider. The following considers SOS, face to face games and common opponent games of those teams who are ranked in the top 10 and have lost five or less games which includes: KU, Gonzaga, Dayton, FSU, BU, and SDSU. It is from this group of teams that we are hearing the most clamoring for being the national champs.

I came across a web site that compares 55 different sites who have ranked the all teams. Here are the top 10 according to average of ranking as well as there number of losses:
. . . . . . . . . . . Average
Team . . . . . . Ranking . . # of losses
KU . . . . . . . . . 1.13*. . . . . . . . 3
Gonzaga . . . . 2.85*. . . . . . . . 2
Baylor. . . . . . . 4.12* . . . . . . . .4
Dayton. . . . . . 4.83* . . . . . . . . 2
Duke . . . . . . . 6.07. . . . . . . . . 7
SDSU. . . . . . . 8.11* . . . . . . . .2
Michigan St. . .9.14. . . . . . . . .9
Florida St. . . . 9.78*. . . . . . . . 5
Creighton. . . 10.12. . . . . . . . . 7
Villanova . . . 11.46. . . . . . . . . 7
*Six teams we are considering w/5 losses or less.

Strength of Schedule measurement averaging the placement of each of these teams by seven different rating sites considering all men's basketball teams give the following results:
KU . . . . . . . . 2.4
Baylor. . . . . 32.3
FSU . . . . . . 42.4
Dayton . . . . 73.4
Gonazaga. . 97.1
SDSU. . . . .102.0

Another site gives the SOS ranking of these six teams as a percentage for their SOS and their opponents win percentage:
School . . . . . Rank . SOS . . . .Opp. win %age
KU . . . . . . . . . . 1 . . .6223 . . . . . . . .6525
FSU . . . . . . . . . 2 . . .5895 . . . . . . . .6185
Baylor. . . . . . . . 3 . . .5756 . . . . . . . .5948
Gonzaga . . . . . 4 . . .5633 . . . . . . . .5874
Dayton . . . . . . . 5 . . .5292 . . . . . . . .5410
SDSU. . . . . . . . 6 . . .5287 . . . . . . . .5477

In regards to face to face meetings with KU, we see the following:
KU beat Dayon and split with Baylor.

Games with common foes:
KU beat BYU by 15 -- Gonzaga split with BYU; SDSU beat BYU by 5.
KU beat Colorado 14 -- Dayton lost to Colorado by 2.
KU lost to Duke by 2 -- FSU lost to Duke by 5.
KU beat all other Big XII teams twice -- Baylor lost to TCU and WVU.

So considering these four factors -- 5 losses or less, SOS, face to face games and common opponents give KU a good basis for being the best team this year.

I'm sharing such a long post now because Phoggy is in hibernation. I'm not wanting him to have a heart attack.

#2047577 - 03/19/20 07:08 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Fuggggg you...

#2047578 - 03/19/20 07:48 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Several are clamoring for various schools to be considered the men's NCAA champions for this past season.

False. No one is "clamoring" for anything.

#2047579 - 03/19/20 07:51 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest
Several are clamoring for various schools to be considered the men's NCAA champions for this past season.

What planet do you live on?

#2047580 - 03/19/20 08:31 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Not on the farm.

#2047582 - 03/19/20 09:08 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Not on the farm.

But don't go celebrating your national championship just yet, KU fans. Plenty of other fan bases took to Twitter to stake their claims to the title.

Gonzaga is your 2020 National Champions! It doesn't get more official than Wikipedia and the NCAA's #1 NET ranking agrees: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Dayton – Although it didn’t end as we hoped, it was still the most exciting and memorable season in a while. UD National Champions 2020.

Washington Cougs won what will likely be the final game played in the NCAA this year. That makes them the national champions. Those are the rules.

Mississippi State – Before UCF claims it, I declare MSU national champions of men’s and women’s basketball and baseball #hailstate

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!! Thank you Hawkeye nation for all of the great memories!!! #BigCatOut https://twitter.com/NCAA/status/1238197201928667136

Florida Senate declares Florida State national champs in men's basketball, because of course ... The state Senate declared Florida State national champions ... many people have staked their team's ...

Just a sampling of what’s being clamored by fans of various schools. We could go on . . .

So I ask again, What planet do you live on?" Even those on the farm know about all this National Championship clamoring.

#2047583 - 03/19/20 11:33 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Bill Self and Mark Few are exactly the same age. Same birthday, in fact.

Few is too old to replace Self.

I had to bite and look that up. You are correct. Both born 12/27/62.

#2047584 - 03/19/20 11:53 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Bill Self and Mark Few are exactly the same age. Same birthday, in fact.

Few is too old to replace Self.

I had to bite and look that up. You are correct. Both born 12/27/62.

No [censored] I'm correct. I don't need validation from some rube who just discovered a keyboard.

#2047585 - 03/19/20 11:55 PM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

But don't go celebrating your national championship just yet, KU fans. Plenty of other fan bases took to Twitter to stake their claims to the title.

Gonzaga is your 2020 National Champions! It doesn't get more official than Wikipedia and the NCAA's #1 NET ranking agrees: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Dayton – Although it didn’t end as we hoped, it was still the most exciting and memorable season in a while. UD National Champions 2020.

Washington Cougs won what will likely be the final game played in the NCAA this year. That makes them the national champions. Those are the rules.

Mississippi State – Before UCF claims it, I declare MSU national champions of men’s and women’s basketball and baseball #hailstate

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!! Thank you Hawkeye nation for all of the great memories!!! #BigCatOut https://twitter.com/NCAA/status/1238197201928667136

Florida Senate declares Florida State national champs in men's basketball, because of course ... The state Senate declared Florida State national champions ... many people have staked their team's ...

Just a sampling of what’s being clamored by fans of various schools. We could go on . . .

So I ask again, What planet do you live on?" Even those on the farm know about all this National Championship clamoring.

This is what schizophrenia looks like, kids.

#2047587 - 03/20/20 09:00 AM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Awww dammmm... finally figured out who Jimbo really is...it's Bob Gutter...why you got to be doing this Gutman....

#2047588 - 03/20/20 10:15 AM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

JimWest is legion.

#2047589 - 03/20/20 11:16 AM Re: # 1 -- Time To Settle The Question [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Ooooh, stung by a Vee – voracious vile, vain, vat of vinegar or was it a vim, vicious, vulturous, vitriolic viper? Never mind, it was just a vulnerable, vorous, vying, voracious, votary in sarcasm.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview