Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2047051 - 03/02/20 01:01 PM reply to Bill Self article in USA Today
rockjacque Offline
Baby Jay

below is my reply SENT to the author of accusations against Bill Self in USA Today!
Mr. Wolken:
First let me state where I sit before I indicate where I stand: I am a graduate of the
University of Kansas(1965) and an ardent supporter of Kansas basketball and Bill Self.

It appears that things have significantly changed in our democratic/republic---guilty until proven innocent. And in my opinion unfortunately your article only serves to exacerbate that fact. Jay Bilas stated in a recent article on the subject of college basketball and Kansas/Bill Self in particular that he believes as an attorney that the Kansas/Bill Self situation will probably end up in Federal court because of the anticipated overreach of the NCAA. And your article/opinion piece only exacerbated that overreach. Acknowledging my bias I can only say: SHAME ON YOU! But then in my opinion working for a left-leaning press publication, I would
only expect a guilty until proven innocent approach.
I want college basketball to be cleaned up as much as anyone but I want that cleanup to follow and value the great system of government that our Constitution and system of laws provide. It would be refreshing should the press choose to follow the same guidelines.
Sincerely,
rockjacque
Morrison, Colorado

#2047052 - 03/02/20 01:07 PM Re: reply to Bill Self article in USA Today [Re: rockjacque]
TheStarhawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

bravo! beautifully said!

#2047054 - 03/02/20 01:25 PM Re: reply to Bill Self article in USA Today [Re: rockjacque]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Awww now the fellow posters know your real name there rockjacque... that's cool... good post...

#2047055 - 03/02/20 01:38 PM Re: reply to Bill Self article in USA Today [Re: rockjacque]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I'd edit that post.

#2047059 - 03/02/20 02:11 PM Re: reply to Bill Self article in USA Today [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Awww now the fellow posters know your real name there rockjacque... that's cool... good post...

Agreed.

#2047067 - 03/02/20 07:03 PM Re: reply to Bill Self article in USA Today [Re: rockjacque]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

We are all KU basketball fans...why the reason for being anonymous.... that's a frighten weakness...

#2047068 - 03/02/20 08:13 PM Re: reply to Bill Self article in USA Today [Re: rockjacque]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KU will not just "relax and enjoy it" while the NCAA does it to them.

I choose to remain anonymous so I will not be inundated with autograph requests.

#2047084 - 03/03/20 05:51 AM Re: reply to Bill Self article in USA Today [Re: rockjacque]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I hear ya...

Preview