Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204755 - 10/18/07 08:35 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Actually, Manny had a single on a ball that hit the top of the wall in right center field. It hit the top of the yellow line.

What a lazy piece of crap.

#204756 - 10/18/07 08:43 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jaihaux]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Lawrence, KS
#204757 - 10/18/07 08:49 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Even if it was (I don't think it went over the yellow line) what the hell was he doing only at first base?

#204758 - 10/18/07 10:28 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jaihaux]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

Apparently admiring the view.

Tool.

#204759 - 10/18/07 10:53 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: chiknbut]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Okay, where's the b!itching about Lofton's bush league bat flip on what he thought was ball four? I called it - the dude's been making that move and annoying pitchers for years. Glad to see Beckett call him out on it.

#204760 - 10/18/07 10:56 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Hays, KS
Quote:

It's a homerun

He was on first base...looks like a single to me.

#204761 - 10/19/07 08:10 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

Sure they do.... No one is going to say "Oh, remember that time the Rockies and Royals were in the World Series.", but they're going to say "Remember that time the Yankees played the Dodgers in the World Series."

It's just how things go.

Just because more t.v. sets see something doesn't mean it is a better story. If history records it, people will research it, and realize this was a great story.
Think of all the great stories that happened before events were televised. Many of the greatest stories ever told happened before the boob tube.

#204762 - 10/19/07 08:26 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: Hawk1990]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Okay, where's the b!itching about Lofton's bush league bat flip on what he thought was ball four? I called it - the dude's been making that move and annoying pitchers for years. Glad to see Beckett call him out on it.

Was in intentional? I ask because he immediately reached down to pick it up like he dropped it, but who knows?

And why would Beckett be pissed? Heading to first before ball four is called is showing up the umpire, not the pitcher.

#204763 - 10/19/07 08:29 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jaihaux]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

Quote:

Was in intentional? I ask because he immediately reached down to pick it up like he dropped it, but who knows?

And why would Beckett be pissed? Heading to first before ball four is called is showing up the umpire, not the pitcher.

There's history of him doing it before to Beckett....

Beckett's adrenaline gets pumping good, he takes it offensively, shouts at him...simply as that. Whether it's completely intentional or not by Lofton..doesn't mean much..

#204764 - 10/19/07 08:36 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Last night was a perfect all around example of why MOST MLB players are a bunch of primma donna assholes. Makes me not want to watch the W.S..

By the way jdavis - The demise of the 2007 Red Sox was greatly exagerated by me. My apologies to you and the Red Sox.

#204765 - 10/19/07 09:26 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: larryb]
KURUSH1530 Offline
Big Dipper

I can already make the statement that this year's world series ratings will be higher than any in the past 10 years. The Rockies have gained quite a few fans around the nation that wouldn't think about watching baseball. Just because of their story. I think the Red Sox would be better off with two DH's,considering that's what Manny is, and leaving Manny off the field..just have Coco play in between left and center field. How many DH's have made the hall of fame? Well, apparently the Red Sox have two that will be going in after there career's are finished. The Indians may have lost the ALCS last night unless Carmona can come up big in Boston. I really don't think it'll happen and we'll see the Rockies and Red Sox in the Series.

#204766 - 10/19/07 09:34 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: KURUSH1530]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
KURUSH1530 - I wouldn't bet on it that "this year's world series ratings will be higher than any in the past 10 years". I will admit the ratings shares the last ten years have sucked and it is possible but I am saying I wouldn't bet on it.

#204767 - 10/19/07 10:08 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jaihaux]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Quote:

Quote:

It's not heading to first early, it's the bat flip. He does it EVERY time he walks. Batters flipping their bat away after a homer hacks off the pitcher because they think of it as showing him up. Lofton is the ONLY guy who does the same thing on a walk, and I can see why that pisses off pitchers too.

#204768 - 10/19/07 10:41 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: Hawk1990]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

You know Manny had the most outfield assists by any major leaguer a few years ago right?

Manny fields, and the people who play with him respect his play.

#204769 - 10/19/07 10:44 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jaihaux]
HawkLaw Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Lawrence, KS USA
Quote:

Actually, Manny had a single on a ball that hit the top of the wall in right center field. It hit the top of the yellow line.

What a lazy piece of crap.

Quote:

It's a homerun

It's not a homerun per Jacob's Field ground rules.

By the way, I'm a fan of Manny. The man just loves to play baseball, he doesn't care about anything else but lacing up the cleats and getting on the field. Players around the league even know that. A good majority of players around the league understand that as well. Manny is definitely the only person in the league who could get away with watching a homerun like he does.

Edited by HawkLaw (10/19/07 10:47 AM)

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview