Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204740 - 10/18/07 01:30 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: unburnt_orange]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Lawrence, KS
You people talk too soon.

And I find it interesting people come in here bashing the Red Sox after they hadn't posted in the baseball board all year.

#204741 - 10/18/07 01:40 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
Quote:

And I find it interesting people come in here bashing the Red Sox after they hadn't posted in the baseball board all year.

Come on....really.

#204742 - 10/18/07 01:41 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
unburnt_orange Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I don't give a fig about baseball.

Yankees beat Red Sox. That's all.

#204743 - 10/18/07 01:44 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Quote:

Well I have been posting on Bball board all season AND bashing the BoSox and Yankees from spring training on (especailly with all the DiceK overhype and ummm told you he was overrated for the $ he is getting) Anyhow, by your standard I guess I qualify as a guy who has been here the whole season so here is the deal.....BoSox are cooked and thank god for it. See you next year Manny and Company. GO ROCKIES AND INDIANS!

#204744 - 10/18/07 01:56 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhwk01]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

#204745 - 10/18/07 01:59 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Yeah thanks for the roster from 2004 and 1986. Not sure what it proves but I am pretty sure Dave Henderson is not filling in for an injured Tony Armas to save you this year. BoSox are done...put a fork in'em

#204746 - 10/18/07 04:43 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhwk01]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Quote:

Well I have been posting on Bball board all season AND bashing the BoSox and Yankees from spring training on (especailly with all the DiceK overhype and ummm told you he was overrated for the $ he is getting)...

Look, if you're going to bash the Sox, feel free. And if you want to smack down Dice-K for his mediocre performance, rock on. But would you freakin' STOP with the "he's overpaid" bullsh!t? We've been over this. Dice-K, as a whole, was a league average American League starting pitcher. He makes roughly $6.5 million, which is, shocker, just about league average for a starting pitcher. Ergo, he is NOT overpaid. And no, the $50+ million fee the Red Sox paid his old Japanese team does NOT count, not only because Dice-K didn't receive one thin dime of that money, but also because the Red Sox have already more than made that money back in advertising, merchandising and television rights fees in Japan. Blast him for being overhyped all you want, but harping that you think the guy is overpaid does nothing but trumpet your ignorance to the world.

#204747 - 10/18/07 05:15 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: chiknbut]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Is the emergence of the Rockies a bigger story than the Red Sox finally winning it all a couple of years ago? I'll go with the Rockies, if they win the WS.

#204748 - 10/18/07 05:26 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jammahawk]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Quote:

Is the emergence of the Rockies a bigger story than the Red Sox finally winning it all a couple of years ago? I'll go with the Rockies, if they win the WS.

As a one year story, probably. In a historical context, no. And if the Cubs finally win next year, on the 100 year anniversary of their last title, it trumps both of them.

#204749 - 10/18/07 05:28 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jammahawk]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I doubt it, Rockies World Series doesn't get as much ratings as a Red Sox-Cardinals World Series. Sorry.

Rockies are a great team, but the "curse" story was a big media draw. Anyone will tell you ratings matter to MLB.

Will I be happy if the Rockies win the World Series over the Indians? Of course, because they deserve to win it after that season and it proves everyones theory wrong that the Rockies could never win in their environment.

Now, I will root for the Red Sox over the Rockies. But if it goes 7 games and the Rockies win, will I be angry? No. It just means they are a better team right now. They proved to me in the WS playoff game that they have heart. Something I respect in all teams (except k-state, mizzou and yankees of course).

I'll be happier if the Sox win of course, but I won't be disappointed if the Rockies take it all.

And if the Indians take it, it just means parody in baseball is getting even better, which is awesome.

#204750 - 10/18/07 05:28 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: Hawk1990]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

Quote:

As a one year story, probably. In a historical context, no. And if the Cubs finally win next year, on the 100 year anniversary of their last title, it trumps both of them.

Couldn't say it any better.

#204751 - 10/18/07 06:20 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
I agree with you, but t.v. ratings have nothing to do with it. Personally, I could care less what Joe Blow on the East coast has his channel turned to.

#204752 - 10/18/07 06:44 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jammahawk]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Sure they do.... No one is going to say "Oh, remember that time the Rockies and Royals were in the World Series.", but they're going to say "Remember that time the Yankees played the Dodgers in the World Series."

It's just how things go.

#204753 - 10/18/07 07:29 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

#204754 - 10/18/07 08:29 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jammahawk]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

And he had a homerun and it wasn't counted...

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview