Never said he was, douche.

Edited by hasbeen (10/17/07 05:22 PM)

#204726 - 10/17/07 05:33 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: hasbeen]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
Quote:

Never said he was, douche.

I really like it when the word douche is used in this context. Nice work hasbeen.

#204727 - 10/17/07 05:37 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: gquinn225]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Lawrence, KS
#204728 - 10/17/07 05:38 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
If you are trying to hurt me with that, not gonna work. I've already admitted to that. Try coming up with some thought of your own, though, really.

My guess is that you really can't, though, b/c you truly do lack social interaction skills.

#204729 - 10/17/07 06:40 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: hasbeen]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

I love your reasoning, davis.

Hey, don't worry guys. Hitler was just being Hitler. It's fine.

Well that's a relief to know.

#204730 - 10/17/07 09:19 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jammahawk]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
I found this thread late, but here's my two cents anyway...

All of the Manny-bashing strikes me as people finding an excuse to bitch, probably because they just don't like the guy. Manny Ramirez is not the first, nor will he be the last, baseball player to admire one of his home runs. Ken Griffey Jr., one of the more admired and revered baseball players ever, has strutted and watched every single home run he's ever hit, even when he sucked after moving to Cincy. The highly-praised, plucky, post-season machine known as Kenny Lofton ostentatiously flips his bat down after every WALK for God's sake.

Was it a strange situation for Manny to stop and admire his work? Absolutely. But, as everyone with a brain knows, Manny IS strange. And I don't mean quirky, "Manny Being Manny" HaHa strange, I mean STRANGE. He drives around in a '72 Caddy with uncashed $100,000 paychecks in the glove compartment. He has two sons both named Manny Jr. This is not a normal person.

If you don't like Manny, for any number of reasons, and choose to rag on his home run styling, be my guest. But then be consistent and call out every player who does something similar. Advocate a fastball to Lofton's dome sometime if that's your chosen brand of baseball justice.

#204731 - 10/18/07 08:18 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: Hawk1990]
JHAWX75 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 911's A Joke!
Quote:

I found this thread late, but here's my two cents anyway...

All of the Manny-bashing strikes me as people finding an excuse to bitch, probably because they just don't like the guy. Manny Ramirez is not the first, nor will he be the last, baseball player to admire one of his home runs. Ken Griffey Jr., one of the more admired and revered baseball players ever, has strutted and watched every single home run he's ever hit, even when he sucked after moving to Cincy. The highly-praised, plucky, post-season machine known as Kenny Lofton ostentatiously flips his bat down after every WALK for God's sake.

Was it a strange situation for Manny to stop and admire his work? Absolutely. But, as everyone with a brain knows, Manny IS strange. And I don't mean quirky, "Manny Being Manny" HaHa strange, I mean STRANGE. He drives around in a '72 Caddy with uncashed $100,000 paychecks in the glove compartment. He has two sons both named Manny Jr. This is not a normal person.

If you don't like Manny, for any number of reasons, and choose to rag on his home run styling, be my guest. But then be consistent and call out every player who does something similar. Advocate a fastball to Lofton's dome sometime if that's your chosen brand of baseball justice.

This thread isnt about Lofton or Griffey Jr., it's about Manuel Ramirez. And what he did in that game was down right dumb, not "strange" but dumb. Youkilis ran the bases. Ortiz ran the bases. And the Manny being Manny reference is about as stupid as the Ruth curse. Like he should get a special pass for doing foolish things.

#204732 - 10/18/07 08:50 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: JHAWX75]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Something else interesting I saw this morning. On Mike and Mike in the Morning manny was quoted saying, "losing the ALCS wouldn't be the end of the world." Watch out for this stuff through out the day on ESPN/ESPNews. Sean Salisbury told a quick story that made Manny sound like he was actually decent. Manny met him and his son a couple of years ago I believe he said. About a year or even more later, Manny ran over, YES RAN over to Sean and his son at another game and actually remembered his son's name. Just kind of made Manny look good.

#204733 - 10/18/07 09:19 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: Hawk1990]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
If Ken Griffey Jr. were playing the other night and flipped his bat and walked to first base, then yes, I would have started this thread ragging on him. But it wasn't Griffey, it was Manny being stupid.
Do you think pitchers like Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale would have put up with that garbage? They would have had Ramirez on his a$$ at the first opportunity. Something you don't see very often from the pu$$ies that try to pass themselves off as pitchers today.
This Manny being Manny is garbage, I couldn't care less how wierd he is off the field, just keep it off the field.

Edited by jammahawk (10/18/07 09:23 AM)

#204734 - 10/18/07 09:24 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhawks14]
Zhawk06 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Washington D.C.
Quote:

Quote:

The Indian players should have pointed to the score board as he rounded the bases.

They're way too classy to do that. Plus they have too much respect for the guy because he's a former teammate.

He's a former teammate of Kenny Lofton's...and that's it.

#204735 - 10/18/07 10:51 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: Zhawk06]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
The great Manny Ramirez has spoken. And in Manny's World, it doesn't really matter much if the Red Sox rebound to win the AL Championship Series. "If it doesn't happen, who cares?" Ramirez said yesterday at Jacobs Field, breaking his usual silence around reporters. "There's always next year. It's not like it's the end of the world."

It is the "who cares"? quote that makes me feel Manny is a moron. Once again, I like the guy but he is about as sharp as a marble most of the time.

Who cares? How about the Red Sox fans? I suppose they haven't shown you they care?

#204736 - 10/18/07 10:55 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhawks14]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

Something else interesting I saw this morning. On Mike and Mike in the Morning manny was quoted saying, "losing the ALCS wouldn't be the end of the world." Watch out for this stuff through out the day on ESPN/ESPNews. Sean Salisbury told a quick story that made Manny sound like he was actually decent. Manny met him and his son a couple of years ago I believe he said. About a year or even more later, Manny ran over, YES RAN over to Sean and his son at another game and actually remembered his son's name. Just kind of made Manny look good.

Yes, I posted this already...

#204737 - 10/18/07 11:48 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhawks14]
Morgansraider Offline
Why...So...Serious????

And people wonder why I just can't bring myself to care about baseball anymore. I was raised on guys like George Brett. This is what passes for a star these days.

#204738 - 10/18/07 01:14 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: Morgansraider]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

I agree with Manny, "who cares."

Who cares if the Red Sox come back and win the series. Who cares if he wants to admire his home run and show boat. But payback is a bitch. "Who cares" if you get plunked in the ass for being a showboat.

The best reasons, in order, to enjoy this world series are as follows:

1. Colorado Rockies (THE baseball story of the past decade).

2. No Yankees.

3. No Red Sox.

If Manny and the Red Sox were in the World Series, I wouldn't watch it. Even if I was pulling for the Rockies. Manny does not make the game fun. He brings us much sportsmanship to the game as any soccer player brings to their lame sport.

And as for the Indians fans being classy, sorry. While I like this Indians team, it's hard to like their fans. These are the same people who boo Jim Thome when he comes to the Jake.

#204739 - 10/18/07 01:19 PM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: chiknbut]
unburnt_orange Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

The best reasons, in order, to enjoy this world series are as follows:

1. Colorado Rockies (THE baseball story of the past decade).

2. No Red Sox.

3. No Yankees.

The natural order of the universe has been restored.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview