Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204695 - 10/17/07 07:56 AM Manny Ramirez
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Why isn't Manny Ramirez receiving fastballs under his chin? I watched Ramirez launch a homer last night, stand in the batters box, walk about 10 steps down to first base, admiring his shot as if he just hit a walk off homer in game 7. Someone needs to remind him, him only made the score 7-3 Indians.
If I'm the Indians manager, I've already instructed my pitcher to through Mannys first pitch, chin level.

#204696 - 10/17/07 08:04 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jammahawk]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Lawrence, KS
1) It's Manny being Manny
2) It's the playoffs... Why risk a suspension or a manager getting ejected in the game? It would easily start a brawl if it happened, so just a bad idea.
3) It's Manny.

#204697 - 10/17/07 08:24 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
gquinn225 Offline
Prolly Thinks U Dumb

Loc: Mile High City
Quote:

2) It's the playoffs... Why risk a suspension or a manager getting ejected in the game? It would easily start a brawl if it happened, so just a bad idea.
3) It's Manny.

<yawn>.

Congratulations jdavis. As much as I haven't ever gotten into with you, I want you to know that you have converted me into a hater of the Sox as well. And it has nothing to do with them as a team. It's the fans.

I know you think you eat, bleed, and sleep Red Sox. And you may. But you need to know that you phrase things in such a way that is only irritating. And yes, maybe that is what made me respond to this, but I can imagine that your propensity to seemingly spout of every thought in your head is going to cause more waves for you than not, especially on your choice of career paths. I could be completely off base, but whatever. Good luck. With such a one-dimensional vision of sports, I think you are going to need it.

For the record, line item #2 made sense. #1 and #3, either homer crap that I think you felt compelled to write, or you've watched ESPN too much, b/c that sounded like typical Bristol cliche.

#204698 - 10/17/07 08:48 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jammahawk]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

Why isn't Manny Ramirez receiving fastballs under his chin? I watched Ramirez launch a homer last night, stand in the batters box, walk about 10 steps down to first base, admiring his shot as if he just hit a walk off homer in game 7. Someone needs to remind him, him only made the score 7-3 Indians.
If I'm the Indians manager, I've already instructed my pitcher to through Mannys first pitch, chin level.

Dumb idea. You can't risk getting someone suspended that is valuable to the team. If Manny wants to admire his shot that make the score 7-3, maybe he's just worrying about his stats instead of the team. Makes sense, since CoCo is his little bitch out in Center Field.

#204699 - 10/17/07 08:53 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: gquinn225]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:

Quote:

3) It's Manny.

<yawn>.

Congratulations jdavis. As much as I haven't ever gotten into with you, I want you to know that you have converted me into a hater of the Sox as well. And it has nothing to do with them as a team. It's the fans.

I know you think you eat, bleed, and sleep Red Sox. And you may. But you need to know that you phrase things in such a way that is only irritating. And yes, maybe that is what made me respond to this, but I can imagine that your propensity to seemingly spout of every thought in your head is going to cause more waves for you than not, especially on your choice of career paths. I could be completely off base, but whatever. Good luck. With such a one-dimensional vision of sports, I think you are going to need it.

For the record, line item #2 made sense. #1 and #3, either homer crap that I think you felt compelled to write, or you've watched ESPN too much, b/c that sounded like typical Bristol cliche.

I wasn't being serious... But that's how the Boston media justifies it.

See, you're too concerned to bash me to understand sarcasm.

As far as I'm concerned, Manny can do what he wants as he long as he produces. He has 24 (23?) postseason homeruns, which is a record.

He's still a Hall of Famer....

#204700 - 10/17/07 08:54 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhawks14]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
The Indian players should have pointed to the score board as he rounded the bases.

#204701 - 10/17/07 09:02 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

For crying out loud, just throw the ball inside. It's not Manny being Manny, it's Manny being a show boating a-hole. I guess maybe that is Manny.
Manny, you made it 7-3.

#204702 - 10/17/07 09:05 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: larryb]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

The Indian players should have pointed to the score board as he rounded the bases.

They're way too classy to do that. Plus they have too much respect for the guy because he's a former teammate.

#204703 - 10/17/07 09:10 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhawks14]
jdavis34 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

I think that's part of it, too. That he's "sticking it to the Indians" for not resigning him. He may be still angry at them... You never know.

Manny does things that are wrong, but doesn't understand they're wrong. Should he have watched it? Maybe, should he have thrown his hands up in the air and watched it? No.

But I have to say my fav. pic of the playoffs so far is his walk off in game 2 and his hands are in the air along with everyone at Fenway...

#204704 - 10/17/07 09:13 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jdavis34]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Quote:

I think that's part of it, too. That he's "sticking it to the Indians" for not resigning him. He may be still angry at them... You never know.

Manny does things that are wrong, but doesn't understand they're wrong. Should he have watched it? Maybe, should he have thrown his hands up in the air and watched it? No.

But I have to say my fav. pic of the playoffs so far is his walk off in game 2 and his hands are in the air along with everyone at Fenway...

The Indians aren't going to waste 30% of their money on one player. Especially one that refuses to play defense.

#204705 - 10/17/07 09:15 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhawks14]
Morgansraider Offline
Why...So...Serious????

In the field, Manny Ramirez reminds me of a Lonnie Smith with Multiple Sclerosis and 250 lbs of extra weight.

#204706 - 10/17/07 09:17 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: Morgansraider]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Its just pathetic that a ball can be hit to his side of the gap and he lets it go by and CoCo fields it 5 feet behind him and throws it in. It's just plain laziness!

#204707 - 10/17/07 09:28 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: jayhawks14]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work

A picture is worth a thousand words. Manny is a Mike Vick fan? I happen to like Manny because he has personality. I do not like him when he acts like an ass. Last night he acted like an ass.

Edited by larryb (10/17/07 09:32 AM)

#204708 - 10/17/07 09:59 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: larryb]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I hope he's not a Vick fan anymore...
Who cares if the guy acts like an ass? They're stil down 3-1 and he just looked dumb, but he's one of the best, if not the best hitter in post-season history.

#204709 - 10/17/07 10:14 AM Re: Manny Ramirez [Re: larryb]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

I'm glad I'm done coaching little league baseball, I don't think I would have had the patience trying to convince kids to not act like Manny.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Preview