Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2046797 - 02/19/20 10:29 PM Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc!
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
As it's been a couple weeks since the last signing day, it's high time this thread got started.

KU has gotten off to a quick start for the 2021 class, with our 1st commit coming last July with the commitment of Majik Rector, a 5'9" 150lbs. speedy 3 star WR out of Lancaster HS in Lancaster, TX (Dallas Suburb). He's got at least 6 other D1 offers including from Texas Tech (given under the Kingsbury reign) and Rutgers.

Next to commit was Ben Easters who committed in August of last year. He's a 6'3" 195lbs. 3 star QB out of Brownsburg HS in Brownsburg, IN (just West of Indianapolis). KU and Bowling Green are the only 2 schools listed as offering so far.

Jaddai Henry a 6'4" 195lbs. 3 star WR out of Hebron HS in Hebron, TX (Dallas Suburb) was next to commit in August of last year. He hasn't reported many other offers than KU's and coach Emmet Jones was his recruiter. Coach Jones has known about him for a couple years and got him to come up and visit last summer which spurred Jaddai's commitment soon after.

Our last commit for this class so far came back in November when Kelan Robinson a 6'3" 185lbs. 3 star WR out of South Grand Prairie HS in Grand Prairie, TX (Dallas Suburb) committed to KU. Another Emmet Jones recruit, who coach Jones has known about for quite a while. Kelan has 3 other D1 offers, including 1 from Duke.

KU has sent out a ton of offers so far for the class of 2021 and the number seems to grow by 1 or 2 dozen each week. As the entire month of February is now a dead period for this year, I imagine there won't be much new recruiting news until March. But, we apparently just made the top 7 for a top WR out of Texas.

J. Michael Sturdivant is a 6'3" 185lbs. high 3 star WR out of Marcus HS in Flower Mound, TX. He's got more than a dozen and a half P5 offers from schools including OU, A&M, Miami, and Wisconsin as well as several other Big 12, SEC, Big 10, ACC, and Pac 12 schools. He used to live in Olathe and went to Blue Valley NW HS before moving down to Texas which probably explains KU making his top 7. ( Link to his twitter announcement of his top 7 )His recruitment is already hot and is most likely to keep getting hotter, so hopefully KU can stay in his top choices. He would be a really BIG get for KU.

There's many other guys out there with KU offers as I said, so there's way too many to keep track of. We'll have to wait and see who shows interest in KU and visits this Spring and Summer to highlight any IMO.

Please feel free to add any more info on any 2021 recruits KU is targeting anyone has.

#2046942 - 02/27/20 06:49 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Found an interesting recent article on unranked 2021 QB KU has had visit our of O'Fallon, MO (St. Louis area), Kaden McMullen.

Link to article

Not sure how hard KU is recruiting him, but it sounds like his visit may have been an official visit and Northern Illinois is the other school currently recruiting him the hardest.

#2046943 - 02/27/20 06:55 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Looks like KU isn't afraid to go after already committed guys as we recently offered Devin Lemear a 3 star 6'0" 170lbs. S out of Manor HS in Manor, TX. He's currently committed to TCU. Looks like TTech, SMU, and Air Force have also offered him. No idea on if KU has any chance or not, but I find it interesting that the coaching staff doesn't hesitate to offer guys already committed to other schools as not all of our previous coaching staffs did that.

I bet we get some more news about visitors for the spring and more offers come this weekend when the dead period ends.

#2047614 - 03/20/20 09:43 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Devin Neal just committed! Hopefully it sticks!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/devin-neal-256664

Edited by Topcitykid10 (03/20/20 09:47 PM)

#2047627 - 03/21/20 12:58 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kid has told all the other schools after him that his recruitment is over, or at least that's what I heard. Devin seems like an old school, "your word is your word" kind of guy too, so I imagine he'll stick.

Big get for KU here!

Welcome to the Jayhawk family Mr. Neal!

#2047639 - 03/21/20 06:04 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
You betcha that's a good get. Good size, power, and tactical speed. Catch and run kid who should fit our system to a Rock Chalk!

#2047651 - 03/22/20 12:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yeah, he's got good size, good power, and really really good instincts and vision. He also catches the ball really well, more like a WR than a RB catching it. His top end speed is really good too. I don't think his highlight videos do him justice on just how fast he is in person on a football field.

IMO he's the best player in the state of Kansas for this class by a decent margin and should be at least a low 4 star recruit.

#2047675 - 03/22/20 06:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

This new class already has a QB, RB, and 3 WR. All look like good prospects.
I'm anxious to see our recruiters attempt significant attempt at upgrades on our lines.

#2047709 - 03/24/20 09:32 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Re: Neal, it's nice to have one of our Lawrence Lion locals standing out on the football field. If there have been others I didn't hear about them. I remember when the Lions were 5A (there didn't use to be a 6A and was before there was Free State) State Champs year after year after year, until my junior or senior year when one of the Shawnee Mission schools beat us. That was in the '3 yds and a cloud of dust' days. Passes were a rarity. We had an O lineman my sophomore yr who was drafted into the the nfl. Played for the Bears, then the Saints. Now he's running horses in the Orleans region. He's doing OK at it too. Funny thing is I never even had a clue he had any interest in horses back then. If we could get a guy like him on our O Line we'd be in biz. He was a road grader.

#2047728 - 03/24/20 03:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm hoping LHS is on the uptick. Be interesting to see how Free State does now that Lisher has retired.

#2047751 - 03/25/20 09:14 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
...I remember when the Lions were 5A (there didn't use to be a 6A and was before there was Free State) State Champs year after year after year, until my junior or senior year when one of the Shawnee Mission schools beat us. That was in the '3 yds and a cloud of dust' days. Passes were a rarity...
That's back when LHS drew from a city of 60,000 to 80,000 all by itself. That in large part (not solely) is why LHS dominated Kansas HS football as well as other HS sports. Now LHS and Free State draw from a city of just over 100,000 and if the growth of Lawrence continues at a similar rate there may be a need for a 3rd HS within the next 15 years or so.

I also remember as a little kid when Rodney Pete transferred into Shawnee Mission South, and the old school aversion to throwing the ball in HS back then was still strong. So much so, that the SMS HS coach wouldn't let him throw the ball despite being one of the most talented HS QB's in the country at the time.

We had an O lineman my sophomore yr who was drafted into the the nfl. Played for the Bears, then the Saints. Now he's running horses in the Orleans region. He's doing OK at it too. Funny thing is I never even had a clue he had any interest in horses back then. If we could get a guy like him on our O Line we'd be in biz. He was a road grader.
Too bad he chose to leave the state and go to Iowa.

#2047754 - 03/25/20 10:59 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
...I remember when the Lions were 5A (there didn't use to be a 6A and was before there was Free State) State Champs year after year after year, until my junior or senior year when one of the Shawnee Mission schools beat us. That was in the '3 yds and a cloud of dust' days. Passes were a rarity...
That's back when LHS drew from a city of 60,000 to 80,000 all by itself. That in large part (not solely) is why LHS dominated Kansas HS football as well as other HS sports. Now LHS and Free State draw from a city of just over 100,000 and if the growth of Lawrence continues at a similar rate there may be a need for a 3rd HS within the next 15 years or so.

I also remember as a little kid when Rodney Pete transferred into Shawnee Mission South, and the old school aversion to throwing the ball in HS back then was still strong. So much so, that the SMS HS coach wouldn't let him throw the ball despite being one of the most talented HS QB's in the country at the time.

We had an O lineman my sophomore yr who was drafted into the the nfl. Played for the Bears, then the Saints. Now he's running horses in the Orleans region. He's doing OK at it too. Funny thing is I never even had a clue he had any interest in horses back then. If we could get a guy like him on our O Line we'd be in biz. He was a road grader.
Too bad he chose to leave the state and go to Iowa.

Maybe that's why his initials are BS :lol:
Trouble with that theory is his younger brother's initials were exactly the same!

#2048006 - 04/06/20 05:10 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/apr/0...l-the/?football
The list of 5 indicating interest in KU inludes a 3* LB, 3* DE, 3-4* QB, 3* LB, and a 3* WR.
I like seeing a DE on the list.

#2048118 - 04/13/20 01:37 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline

New commit today.
3 star DE Deldrick Withers. Had a offer from MU, I like this kid already!

Coach Dearmon has been pretty active lately, maybe a few more in the few days

#2048124 - 04/13/20 06:03 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
John Brown

Loc: Topeka
24/7 ranks him as like the 39th DE...
6'4/245....has good size

Edited by DrGreydog (04/13/20 06:04 PM)

#2048126 - 04/13/20 06:25 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Like this pickup and not just because I like his film and measurables, but also because I like that we're getting into Arkansas. We've ignored that state for the most part for recruiting and I think we could snag 1 or 2 good recruits out of there virtually every year if we had tried.

Welcome to the Jayhawk family Mr. Withers!

Deldrick Withers is a 6'4" 245lbs. SDE out of Robinson HS in Little Rock, AR in case anyone didn't know or seen this info before.

#2048129 - 04/13/20 09:19 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Betcha this guy helps us. I was so glad to see him on the list. Need more talent in the trenches.

#2048138 - 04/14/20 10:44 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"As a junior starter at Robinson High, Withers recorded 76 tackles, including 32 for loss, 8 sacks, 1 forced fumble and a fumble recovery." (KUSports)
Think about that.
I don't think I've ever seen that high a ratio of tackles for loss compared to total tackles for a guy who played a high number of snaps.

#2048144 - 04/14/20 04:32 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Excellent size for a high-schooler. Must have a little speed to go along with it.

#2048372 - 04/21/20 11:05 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline

Jayhawks land three-star TE Mason Brotherton from Arkansas

#2048378 - 04/22/20 11:10 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/apr/21/3-star-tight-end-mason-brotherton-picks-kansas/?football

Another good add topper! And a second commit from Arkansas. TE position is a very important one in our O scheme, especially if you have questions with pass pro on your line.

#2048388 - 04/22/20 08:20 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
John Brown

Loc: Topeka
Per 247 Sports....

KU now has the 22nd rank class for 2021....
Now we have to figure out how we are going to play
this year....

#2048395 - 04/23/20 01:04 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Football in hazmat suits.

#2048396 - 04/23/20 04:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: AlOerter]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Football in hazmat suits.

Nah! I'd just follow CDC advice and have the kids socially distance. With rules like that we might even manage to score some serious points! laugh

#2048397 - 04/23/20 05:53 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Unfortunately, we've had some QB's that social distanced the ball from receivers.

#2048407 - 04/24/20 09:16 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: AlOerter]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Unfortunately, we've had some QB's that social distanced the ball from receivers.

True! Hard to believe that we are more than decade removed from Reesing. One thing the government won't have to worry about is large crowds at Old Memorial.....

#2048408 - 04/24/20 09:55 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Madden, college version.
Injury free virtual football.
In which case we'll suck at that too.

#2048517 - 05/01/20 07:02 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Amaya 3* O Line commits to Kansas
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/may/01/3-star-offensive-lineman-alabama-picks-kansas/?football

Now we're talkin! Building our lines will build our stats in the W column.
Sounds like a really cool kid. Fun guy. A 300 lb fun guy to put right in the center of things. Center a very important position.

#2048518 - 05/01/20 09:59 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Now we need to hang on to these good verbals.

#2048520 - 05/03/20 10:26 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KU recruiting on a roll! Another good get yesterday.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/may/0...ommit/?football
"Andrew Simpson, a three-star linebacker from St. John Bosco High in northern California, became the second defensive player in the 2021 recruiting class to commit to the Kansas football program on Saturday night."
"Primarily recruited by KU assistant coach Chidera Uzo-Diribe, the 6-foot-1, 218-pound outside linebacker said his bond with Uzo-Diribe, along with the connection he made the rest of the Kansas coaching staff, inspired him to make the call to join the Jayhawks.

“I wanted to go somewhere I was really wanted,” Simpson told Jon Kirby of JayhawkSlant.com. “And Kansas made me feel like I could come in immediately and make an impact. I feel like Coach Les Miles and Coach Diribe are great people, and we developed a strong relationship. They just made it feel right to commit there.”

"Simpson becomes the 10th commitment in KU’s current recruiting class, joining Mena, Ark., defensive end Deldrick Withers as the only two defensive players on the list to date.

The rest of KU’s class includes Lawrence High running back Devin Neal; Brownsburg (Ind.) High quarterback Ben Easters; Little Rock, Ark., defensive end Deldrick Withers; Mena, Ark., tight end Mason Brotherton and Jaddai Henry, Majik Rector and Kelan Robinson, who are all wide receivers from Texas."

That's a strong start to another good recruiting class for KU. Things are looking up for Jayhawk football!

#2048746 - 05/25/20 02:53 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Another new addition!
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/may/2...footb/?football

"Three-star linebacker Trey Staley announced his commitment to Kansas.
A 6-foot-3, 200-pound linebacker from Brookwood High in Snellville, Ga., Staley is ranked as the No. 92 player in the 2021 class in his home state.
A first-team all-state selection in Georgia’s 7A class following his junior season, Staley is known for his speed and ability to play in space and on the outside."

#2048747 - 05/25/20 11:23 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Trey Staley looks like a good verbal.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BhmaB

#2048751 - 05/26/20 06:30 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Trey Staley looks like a good verbal.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BhmaB

Looks like he has excellent speed in those highlights.

#2049052 - 06/20/20 09:41 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Omar Burroughs Jr. just verbal from IMG Academy with 9 interceptions in his junior year against good competition. Originally from Savannah, Ga.

#2049059 - 06/21/20 11:11 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yessir, that's a good get to help build up our defense. Omar is a versatile player for the secondary.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/jun/19/ku-football-lands-commitment-3-star-safety-omar-bu/

#2049204 - 07/04/20 07:33 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
TheStarhawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Florida
welcome Keon Coleman!!!

#2049206 - 07/04/20 07:37 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Keon Coleman

#2049207 - 07/04/20 07:38 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Outstanding!

#2049208 - 07/04/20 07:39 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Will he get any playing time in the Phog?

#2049210 - 07/04/20 11:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Great get! Top 15 wideout in the country. Our second 4* in the 21 class so far. Puttin' together a strong class for next year.
He averaged 20 pts in basketball as a junior. It might, or might not, be important to consider Coleman played 1A level high school competition. Maybe our best recruit since Pooka, and according to Tait he even scored a slightly higher recruit rating than Poola did.

#2049212 - 07/05/20 07:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Our overall talent level may not be taking off like a rocket, but sure looks to me that we're on a steady upward trend. By next year we should be on our way to solid competitive again.

#2049213 - 07/05/20 08:42 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: 66227
The commitment news has been very encouraging. Hopefully we can keep these guys when signing day comes. It's going to be interesting to see who holds onto recruits. I had heard a few weeks ago that the pace of commitments was way ahead of normal, likely due to COVID. The "experts" were saying that many programs, Sabin for example, don't like to offer until they see a guy in camp, and that's not happening this year.

#2049224 - 07/08/20 04:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: AlOerter]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Will he get any playing time in the Phog?

I doubt it, but you never know. Christian Moody got serious playing time, so who knows. No matter what I am guessing an athlete like that will be a good competition at practice.

#2049225 - 07/08/20 04:51 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: PbBut]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: PbBut
The commitment news has been very encouraging. Hopefully we can keep these guys when signing day comes. It's going to be interesting to see who holds onto recruits. I had heard a few weeks ago that the pace of commitments was way ahead of normal, likely due to COVID. The "experts" were saying that many programs, Sabin for example, don't like to offer until they see a guy in camp, and that's not happening this year.

I bet Covid helps KU here. If players can't go visit other campuses I think you are going to see players stick with their original commitment this year.

#2049231 - 07/08/20 08:33 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Coleman picked KU over Oklahoma, but OU responded by nabbing the #1 QB recruit in the country. What do you want to bet they now start bothering Coleman to come play with the great new QB they got to go with him?

#2049266 - 07/14/20 12:51 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Virus is going to make a lot of commits stay put all over the US. Hunkering down is the safest thing for the players. So far, we seem to be improving our overall squad talent for the future. What type of future, is anyone's guess.

#2049398 - 07/21/20 06:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/jul/2...sive-/?football
"Two-star offensive lineman Larson Workman became the 14th prospect in the 2021 recruiting class to commit to the Kansas football program."

"An all-district selection at tackle as a junior, Workman stands 6-foot-5 and weighs 270 pounds, up 30 pounds from last November. He told Kirby he believes he could easily get to between 300 and 315 pounds in college"
Workman is the third offensive lineman in the 2021 class to commit to Kansas, joining three-star prospects Edgar Amaya and De’Kedrick Sterns."

#2049399 - 07/21/20 11:08 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Larson Workman has good foot speed and will make a good Defensive End.

https://mobile.twitter.com/larsonworkman?lang=en

#2049481 - 07/26/20 05:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Another signing yesterday afternoon.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/jul/25/three-star-defensive-back-florida-commits-kansas/?football

"Less than a week after de-committing from Ohio, three-star defensive back Devonte’ Wilson orally committed to Kansas on Saturday afternoon.

Wilson, a 6-foot-3, 200-pound cornerback from Robert F. Munroe Day School in Quincy, Fla., is close with fellow-Class-of-2021 KU commitment O.J. Burroughs and did not need long to make a decision.

“As soon as I got the Kansas offer, I told myself I am shutting it down,” Wilson told Jon Kirby of JayhawkSlant.com. “I don’t want any more offers and don’t want to hear from any more coaches.”

KU cornerbacks coach Chevis Jackson was the lead recruiter for Wilson, and the strong bond between the two played a big role in him picking Kansas."

"He becomes the 15th prospect in the 2021 class to commit to Kansas, moving KU up to fourth in the Big 12 Conference in the current Rivals.com team rankings."

Like seeing us working on the D! Seems the Big12 kind of ignores the value of top shelf defense in favor of big offensive production.

#2049485 - 07/26/20 07:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Another huge get!

#2049496 - 07/27/20 03:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Devonte Wilson is a good tackler from the cornerback position who is 6'3'' | 200 lbs CLASS OF 2021.

#2049557 - 07/29/20 10:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Very interesting article on Rivals says we have another QB on the string. Another Dearmon project like Daniels was.
Austin Myers, QB from Arkansas, is 6'4" 190. Took his HS team from an 0-10 previous record to 7-4 last year. He is also fielded interest from Florida State, Tennessee, Arkansas, Arizona State, and Cal. But he sounds positively head over heels for Kansas.
He's been reading Dearmon's book and playing identical to Dearmon's RPO offense in HS. Sounds as though he's doing pretty well at it too. Runs and throws. And like to fish.

#2049558 - 07/29/20 11:55 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Big Dipper

Very interesting article on Rivals says we have another QB on the string. Another Dearmon project like Daniels was.
Austin Myers, QB from Arkansas, is 6'4" 190. Took his HS team from an 0-10 previous record to 7-4 last year. He is also fielded interest from Florida State, Tennessee, Arkansas, Arizona State, and Cal. But he sounds positively head over heels for Kansas.
He's been reading Dearmon's book and playing identical to Dearmon's RPO offense in HS. Sounds as though he's doing pretty well at it too. Runs and throws. And like to fish.

Class of 22 recruit.

#2049607 - 08/02/20 04:02 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline

Austin Myers, QB from Arkansas, is 6'4" 190 did commit yesterday. 2022 class

#2049632 - 08/03/20 10:36 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Sure did Topper, and that ain't all. Austin was joined by an O Lineman.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/aug/03/ku-football-starts-laying-foundation-2022-class/?football

"(Brock) Burns officially joined Myers in aligning himself with KU on Sunday. Listed at 6-4 and 285 pounds by Rivals, Burns actually visited Lawrence with his family this past weekend, he told Jayhawk Slant."

According to 347 both are 3* in the 2022 class.

#2049657 - 08/05/20 05:08 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Another 3* Corner for 2021

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/aug/0...ku-fo/?football

"A three-star cornerback who picked up scholarship offers from Florida State, Auburn, Tennessee and Missouri earlier in his recruitment has decided to take a different route by committing to Kansas.

“I’m excited to say I’ve committed to the University of Kansas,” Kameron Grays, of Eight Mile, Ala., posted to his Twitter account Wednesday afternoon.

Grays, listed at 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds, is ranked by Rivals as the No. 34 prospect in Alabama."

KU's 2021 recruiting class currently has 16 commits.

#2049674 - 08/06/20 01:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kameron Grays verbals as a wide receiver over offers from other teams in the SEC.

Kameron Grays highlight film

#2049678 - 08/06/20 04:03 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Keep 'em coming coach!

#2049736 - 08/06/20 09:33 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Maximus]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Kameron Grays verbals as a wide receiver over offers from other teams in the SEC.

Kameron Grays highlight film

Cornerback.

#2049796 - 08/08/20 09:38 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Christien Hawk verbal.

Height:6'6"
Weight:260
Position:OT
40 Yard Dash4.85

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview