Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2046797 - 02/19/20 10:29 PM Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc!
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
As it's been a couple weeks since the last signing day, it's high time this thread got started.

KU has gotten off to a quick start for the 2021 class, with our 1st commit coming last July with the commitment of Majik Rector, a 5'9" 150lbs. speedy 3 star WR out of Lancaster HS in Lancaster, TX (Dallas Suburb). He's got at least 6 other D1 offers including from Texas Tech (given under the Kingsbury reign) and Rutgers.

Next to commit was Ben Easters who committed in August of last year. He's a 6'3" 195lbs. 3 star QB out of Brownsburg HS in Brownsburg, IN (just West of Indianapolis). KU and Bowling Green are the only 2 schools listed as offering so far.

Jaddai Henry a 6'4" 195lbs. 3 star WR out of Hebron HS in Hebron, TX (Dallas Suburb) was next to commit in August of last year. He hasn't reported many other offers than KU's and coach Emmet Jones was his recruiter. Coach Jones has known about him for a couple years and got him to come up and visit last summer which spurred Jaddai's commitment soon after.

Our last commit for this class so far came back in November when Kelan Robinson a 6'3" 185lbs. 3 star WR out of South Grand Prairie HS in Grand Prairie, TX (Dallas Suburb) committed to KU. Another Emmet Jones recruit, who coach Jones has known about for quite a while. Kelan has 3 other D1 offers, including 1 from Duke.

KU has sent out a ton of offers so far for the class of 2021 and the number seems to grow by 1 or 2 dozen each week. As the entire month of February is now a dead period for this year, I imagine there won't be much new recruiting news until March. But, we apparently just made the top 7 for a top WR out of Texas.

J. Michael Sturdivant is a 6'3" 185lbs. high 3 star WR out of Marcus HS in Flower Mound, TX. He's got more than a dozen and a half P5 offers from schools including OU, A&M, Miami, and Wisconsin as well as several other Big 12, SEC, Big 10, ACC, and Pac 12 schools. He used to live in Olathe and went to Blue Valley NW HS before moving down to Texas which probably explains KU making his top 7. ( Link to his twitter announcement of his top 7 )His recruitment is already hot and is most likely to keep getting hotter, so hopefully KU can stay in his top choices. He would be a really BIG get for KU.

There's many other guys out there with KU offers as I said, so there's way too many to keep track of. We'll have to wait and see who shows interest in KU and visits this Spring and Summer to highlight any IMO.

Please feel free to add any more info on any 2021 recruits KU is targeting anyone has.

#2046942 - 02/27/20 06:49 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Found an interesting recent article on unranked 2021 QB KU has had visit our of O'Fallon, MO (St. Louis area), Kaden McMullen.

Link to article

Not sure how hard KU is recruiting him, but it sounds like his visit may have been an official visit and Northern Illinois is the other school currently recruiting him the hardest.

#2046943 - 02/27/20 06:55 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Looks like KU isn't afraid to go after already committed guys as we recently offered Devin Lemear a 3 star 6'0" 170lbs. S out of Manor HS in Manor, TX. He's currently committed to TCU. Looks like TTech, SMU, and Air Force have also offered him. No idea on if KU has any chance or not, but I find it interesting that the coaching staff doesn't hesitate to offer guys already committed to other schools as not all of our previous coaching staffs did that.

I bet we get some more news about visitors for the spring and more offers come this weekend when the dead period ends.

#2047614 - 03/20/20 09:43 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Devin Neal just committed! Hopefully it sticks!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/devin-neal-256664

Edited by Topcitykid10 (03/20/20 09:47 PM)

#2047627 - 03/21/20 12:58 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kid has told all the other schools after him that his recruitment is over, or at least that's what I heard. Devin seems like an old school, "your word is your word" kind of guy too, so I imagine he'll stick.

Big get for KU here!

Welcome to the Jayhawk family Mr. Neal!

#2047639 - 03/21/20 06:04 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
You betcha that's a good get. Good size, power, and tactical speed. Catch and run kid who should fit our system to a Rock Chalk!

#2047651 - 03/22/20 12:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yeah, he's got good size, good power, and really really good instincts and vision. He also catches the ball really well, more like a WR than a RB catching it. His top end speed is really good too. I don't think his highlight videos do him justice on just how fast he is in person on a football field.

IMO he's the best player in the state of Kansas for this class by a decent margin and should be at least a low 4 star recruit.

#2047675 - 03/22/20 06:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

This new class already has a QB, RB, and 3 WR. All look like good prospects.
I'm anxious to see our recruiters attempt significant attempt at upgrades on our lines.

#2047709 - 03/24/20 09:32 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Re: Neal, it's nice to have one of our Lawrence Lion locals standing out on the football field. If there have been others I didn't hear about them. I remember when the Lions were 5A (there didn't use to be a 6A and was before there was Free State) State Champs year after year after year, until my junior or senior year when one of the Shawnee Mission schools beat us. That was in the '3 yds and a cloud of dust' days. Passes were a rarity. We had an O lineman my sophomore yr who was drafted into the the nfl. Played for the Bears, then the Saints. Now he's running horses in the Orleans region. He's doing OK at it too. Funny thing is I never even had a clue he had any interest in horses back then. If we could get a guy like him on our O Line we'd be in biz. He was a road grader.

#2047728 - 03/24/20 03:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm hoping LHS is on the uptick. Be interesting to see how Free State does now that Lisher has retired.

#2047751 - 03/25/20 09:14 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
...I remember when the Lions were 5A (there didn't use to be a 6A and was before there was Free State) State Champs year after year after year, until my junior or senior year when one of the Shawnee Mission schools beat us. That was in the '3 yds and a cloud of dust' days. Passes were a rarity...
That's back when LHS drew from a city of 60,000 to 80,000 all by itself. That in large part (not solely) is why LHS dominated Kansas HS football as well as other HS sports. Now LHS and Free State draw from a city of just over 100,000 and if the growth of Lawrence continues at a similar rate there may be a need for a 3rd HS within the next 15 years or so.

I also remember as a little kid when Rodney Pete transferred into Shawnee Mission South, and the old school aversion to throwing the ball in HS back then was still strong. So much so, that the SMS HS coach wouldn't let him throw the ball despite being one of the most talented HS QB's in the country at the time.

We had an O lineman my sophomore yr who was drafted into the the nfl. Played for the Bears, then the Saints. Now he's running horses in the Orleans region. He's doing OK at it too. Funny thing is I never even had a clue he had any interest in horses back then. If we could get a guy like him on our O Line we'd be in biz. He was a road grader.
Too bad he chose to leave the state and go to Iowa.

#2047754 - 03/25/20 10:59 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
...I remember when the Lions were 5A (there didn't use to be a 6A and was before there was Free State) State Champs year after year after year, until my junior or senior year when one of the Shawnee Mission schools beat us. That was in the '3 yds and a cloud of dust' days. Passes were a rarity...
That's back when LHS drew from a city of 60,000 to 80,000 all by itself. That in large part (not solely) is why LHS dominated Kansas HS football as well as other HS sports. Now LHS and Free State draw from a city of just over 100,000 and if the growth of Lawrence continues at a similar rate there may be a need for a 3rd HS within the next 15 years or so.

I also remember as a little kid when Rodney Pete transferred into Shawnee Mission South, and the old school aversion to throwing the ball in HS back then was still strong. So much so, that the SMS HS coach wouldn't let him throw the ball despite being one of the most talented HS QB's in the country at the time.

We had an O lineman my sophomore yr who was drafted into the the nfl. Played for the Bears, then the Saints. Now he's running horses in the Orleans region. He's doing OK at it too. Funny thing is I never even had a clue he had any interest in horses back then. If we could get a guy like him on our O Line we'd be in biz. He was a road grader.
Too bad he chose to leave the state and go to Iowa.

Maybe that's why his initials are BS :lol:
Trouble with that theory is his younger brother's initials were exactly the same!

#2048006 - 04/06/20 05:10 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/apr/0...l-the/?football
The list of 5 indicating interest in KU inludes a 3* LB, 3* DE, 3-4* QB, 3* LB, and a 3* WR.
I like seeing a DE on the list.

#2048118 - 04/13/20 01:37 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

New commit today.
3 star DE Deldrick Withers. Had a offer from MU, I like this kid already!

Coach Dearmon has been pretty active lately, maybe a few more in the few days

#2048124 - 04/13/20 06:03 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2021 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
John Brown

Loc: Topeka
24/7 ranks him as like the 39th DE...
6'4/245....has good size

Edited by DrGreydog (04/13/20 06:04 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview