Big Dipper

Loc: Topeka
Per twitter: Jonathan Wallace will be named running backs
coach to replace Tony Hull.

In 2019 was WR coach at Air Force. Worked at
Bethel with coach Dearmon. Played QB and WR
at Auburn while coach Dearmon was offensive
analyst.

Hope he can recruit as well as coach Hull.

#2046762 - Yesterday at 03:54 PM Re: New running backs coach [Re: DrGreydog]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Appears to be very smart, a high character guy and a leader.....sounds like a great recruiter to me..

"Former Auburn team captain Jonathan Wallace serves as a graduate assistant coach with the Tigers' offense. He joined the Auburn coaching staff before the 2016 season.

Wallace lettered at both quarterback (2012-14) and wide receiver (2015) during his Auburn playing career. A starter at quarterback the final four games of his true freshman season, he set an Auburn freshman record for QB efficiency (139.60). He served as 2015 team captain and received the Unsung Hero Award.

A member of the SEC academic honor roll and the SEC community service team, Wallace received the 2015 Virgil Starks Passion Award, given to the student-athlete who best embodies the spirit of Auburn. A semifinalist for the National Football Foundation postgraduate scholarship and Campbell Trophy, a Wuerffel Trophy nominee and a member of the Hampshire Honor Society, Wallace was one of just 11 FBS players nationally named to the 2015 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team for exemplary community service. "

#2046763 - Yesterday at 05:07 PM Re: New running backs coach [Re: DrGreydog]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Sounds like a good pick for someone who is a quality citizen type, experienced as player and coach. I do not see how that necessarily translates into him being a good recruiter, but I guess we'll see. Hull is a tough act to follow, in that he set the bar pretty darned high in all those regards, including bringing in a fairly high% of our best recruits over the past few years.
Here's what jumps out to me. He is the second of Dearmon's associates who has now joined our current staff over the span of the past week. Add to that the fact that when Deamon was signed it was to a relatively long term contract w/a significant buyout. Makes me wonder how much longer Miles wants the work and stress of HC, and is priming the pump for Dearon to take over by allowing him to assemble our staff of the future right now.
(just a conspiracy theory to talk about)

#2046770 - Today at 12:21 AM Re: New running backs coach [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I dunno about coach Miles retiring anytime soon (i.e. within the next couple years), but it does seem like coach Dearmon has been able to bring in the offensive assistant coaches he wants this off season. I'm hopeful that means that coach Miles has agreed to let Dearmon have 100% full control of the O. If that happens, I really think our O can take a major step forward this year, even with the questions we have at QB and on the OL. Don't think it was a fluke that coach Dearmon had the highest powered O in all of college football back at Bethel when he was the HC there.

I'm extremely curious to see how the Spring game goes. I know they tend to keep things very plain and simple, but you can still see signs of what's going to come in the Fall.

Preview