Page 19 of 24 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2045538 - 12/19/19 03:26 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: tmcats]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
[quote=tmcats]not a lot of kansas youngsters either. i thought that was going to change.

Seen a lot of this on Twitter, it does suck that they had to pull the scholarships of a few local kids but KU needs to build their program with far more better talent on the team. I'm sure they were offered walk on opportunities. Right now we are missing out on the top tier talent in the state, once a few go our way this "recruit the state" will go away. Plus we have to save a few for the February signing period, That is my two cents

#2045541 - 12/19/19 03:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
[quote=tmcats]not a lot of kansas youngsters either. i thought that was going to change.

Seen a lot of this on Twitter, it does suck that they had to pull the scholarships of a few local kids but KU needs to build their program with far more better talent on the team. I'm sure they were offered walk on opportunities. Right now we are missing out on the top tier talent in the state, once a few go our way this "recruit the state" will go away. Plus we have to save a few for the February signing period, That is my two cents

Somehow we need to stop the bleeding in Lawrence! The BEST o-line prospect in the nation is going from Free State to Lincoln Nebraska! Kansas kids are critical to program success.

#2045550 - 12/20/19 05:52 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Who was the RB last year that had a scholarship to Michigan but they pulled it late and we got him late.- blue valley kid. Is he still onboard to join the team?

#2045559 - 12/20/19 02:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Southeast Kansas
Amauri Hickson. And I've seen some tweets from his this fall saying he can't wait to join the team. So i'm assuming he's joining in January.

#2045560 - 12/20/19 04:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/amauri-pesek-hickson-233425
According to rivals he is signed already. 3* RB. Also played bball.
Great looking kid.

#2045561 - 12/20/19 04:31 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We've got some very promising looking skill players lined up. Wish we had made more positive impact on the lines.

#2045563 - 12/20/19 04:59 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
EstebanBugatti Online   content
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/amauri-pesek-hickson-233425
According to rivals he is signed already. 3* RB. Also played bball.
Great looking kid.

He was part of last year's class but took a greyshirt. He'll enroll for the second semester.

#2045566 - 12/20/19 07:08 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article238476273.html

According to the above story Kansas 2020 class is currently ranked #3 in the Big12 and is tied at #32 in the nation.

#2045600 - 12/22/19 01:14 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Just 3 offensive linemen isn't going to get it done. Only one for d-line too. Game is played in the trenches and what Beaty left behind is below average at best.
We've got a few DL committed who said they're gonna sign in February. Word is at least 2 current committed "not signed" guys are actually signed but waiting for a later time to officially announce it and KU is respecting their timelines. Not saying they are or are not DL guys, just that a couple more recruits not on the current list are in fact signed.

On the OL it seems the coaching staff is confident in the group of returning OL from the 2 deep as well as the OL guys they redshirted this year being able to get it done next year. Everything I've heard from any of the coaches this off season hasn't mentioned a thing about needing help on the OL or any concerns about the OL group either. So, the coaches don't think it's going to be the issue that a lot of our fans seem to think it is.

I do believe there's at least 1 more OL (and maybe 2) guy coming in, in this class though. He'll be a be preferred walk-on.

#2045601 - 12/22/19 01:32 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Seen a lot of this on Twitter, it does suck that they had to pull the scholarships of a few local kids...
KU didn't pull their offers. Their offers were conditional and when KU got some recruits we weren't sure we were going to get earlier they were told the terms of their offers had officially changed. At least that's what happened with the local guys. At least 1 of the local recruits accepted the new terms of their offer after initially stepping away from KU for a day or 2.

#2045603 - 12/22/19 09:50 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Topeka
Kman....
Sounds like the O line may be solid gojjng forward....

Defense needs some work.....any word on that front?

#2045605 - 12/22/19 10:00 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Color me a Josey Wales fan.
"Sounds like" isn't good enough.
I do like the looks of our latest O Line commit from Texas. 6'5 300+. Only 2 or 3* but we're stuck with finding diamonds in the rough and shining them up. He looks like he could be a keeper.

#2045619 - 12/22/19 08:05 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: DrGreydog]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
Kman....
Sounds like the O line may be solid gojjng forward....

Defense needs some work.....any word on that front?
Hoping the unsigned guys still committed sign in February. Coaches have backup plans if that doesn't happen, but I hope those guys all sign as I think there's some stud future DL guys in this group.

#2045621 - 12/22/19 08:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Color me a Josey Wales fan.
"Sounds like" isn't good enough.
I do like the looks of our latest O Line commit from Texas. 6'5 300+. Only 2 or 3* but we're stuck with finding diamonds in the rough and shining them up. He looks like he could be a keeper.
We all saw how poorly our OL did this year at times. That's lead to a lot of us fans, including me, to worry about that group for next year. The coaches on the other hand are not recruiting as if, nor talking as if they think it's going to be the problem a lot of us fans are worried about.

I'm just hopeful that Dearmon is given 100% full control of the O and the O play calling. If so, I think our OL will be alright because of the system he likes to run.

#2045640 - 12/24/19 12:18 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2020 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

" The coaches on the other hand are not recruiting as if, nor talking as if they think it's going to be the problem..."

I have no way of knowing what quality we have waiting in the wings, but I have to be confident they put the best they had available on the field this year.
We all saw what happened.
Pooka, undeniably an elite talent, was snuffed. Carter was scrambling just to survive when he had even that much time. Seems to me that if the coaches are not recruiting like that (O Line) was the problem that is a problem in itself.
Doesn't matter what system you're trying to run. If you can't compete at the line of scrimmage you are in serious trouble.

Page 19 of 24 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 >

Preview