Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2045249 - 12/01/19 06:23 PM well, the season is over ...
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
so, it's good to be back amongst the friendly flock with some observations.

i suppose the obvious one is that ku seemed to improve but it's hard to measure particularly after giving baylor a boat to race the j'hawks out of their own crib.

k-state hired the right guy to replace the wizard, didn't they. anyone arguing that at this point in time has their head solidly up their dirt chute.

i wonder if matt campbell will be at isu next season? he seems to have hit a plateau of 8 wins in ames. and there should be some nice openings for him should he choose to leave iowa.

and of course, missouri fired theirs this weekend. the move to the sec has been almost as productive as nebraska's to the big. the nubs haven't won a conference championship since '99. who would have ever thought that program could dip so far, so consistently, and for so long? it may have officially started when the buddha boat-raced them out of lawrence.

well, that's my sunday comments. look forward to renewing our high-level conversations. how 'bout you, boys? #emaw

#2045250 - 12/01/19 07:26 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
You lost to West Virginia at home. Nuff said...

#2045254 - 12/01/19 09:22 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
To be honest I'm more impressed with KU's hire than KSU's. That's not to impugn your coach and his job so far. It sounds like you feel he's at least meeting if not exceeding your expectations. I do think both schools made solid hires good for their programs.

KSU's new coach has a legacy to compete with and that will always be tough to constantly be compared to Bill Snyder. In 4 or 5 years I think KU will be exceeding KSU. I feel like KU has a serious stigma that nobody could erase except Mangino all those years ago. We need to bolster some spots and I think some position coaches will be re-evaluated for us.

I am worried who will be our QB next season and that will dictate our future in the next two or three years.

You have a very solid QB coach and former KSU QB to help, which I think is good for your program.

I do think KU was robbed of the UT win and should be sitting at 4 win season. Past that, they could have beat ISU. We just are very inconsistent and that is a variety of reasons. If we had a 4 or 5 win season I think people would have said that was a good first year. I do like that we had 3 games left and a possibility for a bowl season but the chances of that were very unlikely. Baylor was the most disappointing of the season. I think we rolled the dice one too many times but it was expected that Baylor was going to take us to the woodshed to try to get that 4 spot in the playoffs.

You think KSU will do better or worse? My biggest disappointments this season were 3. Losing that non-conference game that we should have won. Not playing a stronger game against K-State. And not pulling off the upset of ISU. We came close but that's like another Texas game. Close but no cigar. We need to get that mentality of stepping on the throat of opponents and getting those wins.

Miles has my support and I like our OC, but at times I am perplexed by the calls. I think some of that is players who just have a talent gap with the competition but in time I think that will be quickly fixed.

Losing hard in our final game is probably the worst thing we could have done for recruiting. Nobody expected us to win but sure don't want to look anemic with our offense. Like to see us still put up points. We could have put up 24 and still been blown away by twice the points at one point in the game late.

#2045267 - 12/02/19 03:02 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: namohcan_99]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You think KSU will do better or worse?

That's sort of an odd question, Namo. Better or worse than what, it's historical numbers, the Bill Snyder era, the Decade of Dominance? I'm really not sure what the question is that you're posing above.

But hey guys, look at the B12's losingest program. The numbers surprised me by who is actually the leading loser and closeness of our records.

Updated after this weekend:
Iowa State: 539-654-46
K-State: 539-650-42
Ku: 588-649-58

#2045268 - 12/02/19 04:14 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: tmcats
You think KSU will do better or worse?

But hey guys, look at the B12's losingest program. The numbers surprised me by who is actually the leading loser and closeness of our records.

Updated after this weekend:
Iowa State: 539-654-46
K-State: 539-650-42
Ku: 588-649-58[/i]

Snyder was truly a legendary coach that changed litterbox fortunes for 25 plus years. Klieman appears to be a solid coach......but ask Gomer Jones and Frank Solich what happens when you follow a legend! The closest ISU had to a legendary coach was Johnny Majors, but only for a few seasons in the early 70's. We've had a few good ones at KU, Mason and Mangino come to mind but no one worthy of HOF status till Miles and he has yet to do anything of real significance at KU. I'd be happy if Miles can get us playing .500 ball again...but until the o-line is fixed, no chance that will happen.

#2045270 - 12/02/19 06:44 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm still trying to get a read on DJ Elliot as defensive coordinator. I'm trying to decide how much of our defensive problems are related to talent and how much to schemes and guessing wrong.

#2045272 - 12/03/19 09:55 AM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: AlOerter]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I'm still trying to get a read on DJ Elliot as defensive coordinator. I'm trying to decide how much of our defensive problems are related to talent and how much to schemes and guessing wrong.

My mind on him was pretty well made up when we totally failed to stop a basic option play and couldn't even adjust for it later in the game when KSU ran roughshod over us. Very porr assignment football was displayed that day!

#2045283 - 12/04/19 11:01 AM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: beenahawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

isu couldn't stop the option either.

#2045294 - 12/05/19 09:54 AM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Why do you clowns bother with that faggooo... He will be dead in the next 3 years..if I ran into him it would be sooner...at least I would send his dentures and Depends flying....no problem....

Would this be what you refer to as a "Special Moment"? or is it a example of your pledge for no more "net hate"? Your hypocrisy obviously knows no bounds. Quite sad in a way, but not surprising anymore.

#2045295 - 12/05/19 10:15 AM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

I think the "no more net hate" is a ruralite attempt at irony.

Edited by JimWest (12/05/19 10:15 AM)

#2045297 - 12/05/19 03:49 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Yes...bravo....yes it is....and beenahawk wtf does that mean you are in with the Emaw crowd...why you protecting Timmay...seems odd...I was addressing Timmay on this forum....

#2045299 - 12/05/19 04:12 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

TM doesn't need my protection! I read your post as attacking those who reply and converse with TM, not directed at him personally...except your hypocritical notions regarding when TM might die and the physical harm you wish to impose before that day comes.I find your comments shameful for a Jayhawk...not surprising in 2019, but shameful none the less..

#2045300 - 12/05/19 05:16 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
Original AFH Gangsta

My my...like nobody else ever slams Timmay on here.. Shameful for a Jayhawk ehhh...our fanbase is as nasty and meaner as any other fanbase. I have to tell fellow Jayhawk fans to shut da fuk up when our bball team was losing in an opponent's arena and smartasss Jayhawk fans were acting like a dik. However I don't really know or care to know you...and again my post had nothing to do with the dot net. Perhaps you shouldn't be so sensitive and mind your own business...have a nice night now...ya hear..lol..

#2045301 - 12/05/19 05:34 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
Original AFH Gangsta

But since that post offended you sa 😂😅 badly I will graciously remove it... mmmmkay..

#2045302 - 12/05/19 09:49 PM Re: well, the season is over ... [Re: tmcats]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Ben Miles 2019 All Big 12 Honorable Mention at Fullback.

http://m.kusports.com/documents/2019/dec/04/2019-all-big-12-football-teams/

Preview