Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2044805 - 11/21/19 06:22 PM Re: ESpn+ Stinks [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I don’t mind listening to a few on the radio. I did for years when there were only 3 channels on television and games not on all that often. You get used to the same crew behind the mic. I remember Issel playing for Kentucky and Pistol Pete lighting is up but losing the games.
Baseball, I listened to the Reds when Al Michael’s and Joe Nuxall were the radio team. Dan Patrick who has his own successful career is good friends with Michael’s as he listened to him as a young kid. Everyone is old now. Shat.
I don’t think a team could afford a lineup that I remember the batting order Rose, Morgan, Griffey, Bench, Perez, Foster, Geronimo, Concepcion. I witnessed 2 of Hank Aaron’s homers and Willy Mays in the days that his skills had faded.
I’ll pop some corn and enjoy a few KU games.

#2044806 - 11/21/19 06:38 PM Re: ESpn+ Stinks [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Radio is fine when you have a good announcer. Max and Bob were both great. I predated Bob by a good number of years. You'd have to be really old to predate Max! I was listening on the radio when May's made his over the head catch deep in center field against Cleveland in the 1954 world series. I've listened to boxing, auto racing, football, basketball, baseball, and other sports on the radio. This includes high school, college and professional sports. However, I'm not longing for the "good 'o days "

#2044807 - 11/21/19 07:04 PM Re: ESpn+ Stinks [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I know it takes awhile to get used to a new one. I missed Al Michaels for awhile, it took some time to get used to Marty Brennaman doing their Reds games in ‘74. In person I seeing Clemente and Stargell when the Pirates came to town.I hated that team because we usually played them for a trip to the World Series.
Caywood Ledford was Kentucky’s radio legend. The basketball court is named after him. I’m not sure if that was a mistake or not. Rupp’s name is solidly placed. If Cal won another or 2 where does he go? Rafters with Pitino and Hall? I’d think Tubby will be up there soon. He won a championship and deserves it. Usually a statue too, although Pitino doesn’t even have one yet. That’s an SEC thing. Win a championship, get a statue.
What can KU do for Bill Self? Can’t replace Allen or Naismith.

#2044808 - 11/21/19 07:17 PM Re: ESpn+ Stinks [Re: TheStarhawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: TheStarhawk
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Is the Chaminade game being televised? KUSPORTS.com didn't mention anything.

says per Ku athletics website it will be televised on ESPNU
Okay. Thanks. Never can trust LJW.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview