Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2044662 - 11/16/19 04:02 PM Re: Hawks/Pokess Game Thread [Re: Jayhawk1952]
used_cars Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Dallas, TX
Nice of the fox sports commentators to inquire if Lassiter dad was watching and hope he's doing well.

#2044663 - 11/16/19 04:18 PM Re: Hawks/Pokess Game Thread [Re: AlOerter]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I think teams saw film on a couple of games of our offense and figured it out. They just don't play with the "pace" they talk about. If you can limit KU on 1st down and get them behind schedule you've got them licked. Also, run blocking is non-existent. And, Stanley is clearly off his game.

Stanley is on his game. His game is inconsistency.... great one game and shitty three games. .... .. similar to my golf game. That’s what he is.... and you are 100% right on the blocking for run plays. Pooka... so much talent but there is nowhere to run.

Edited by track (11/17/19 12:17 PM)

#2044679 - 11/17/19 02:03 PM Re: Hawks/Pokess Game Thread [Re: Jayhawk1952]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Track unfortunately seems to be correct about Stanley. Was hoping he had turned the corner this year.

#2044683 - 11/18/19 07:54 AM Re: Hawks/Pokess Game Thread [Re: AlOerter]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Track unfortunately seems to be correct about Stanley. Was hoping he had turned the corner this year.

We shouldn’t complain. Stanley on his good days has given us better QB performance than any other QB we have had in years. He just isn’t a top tier QB that can carry us to victory on a regular basis.... those guys are special... and rare.

#2044692 - 11/18/19 05:18 PM Re: Hawks/Pokess Game Thread [Re: Jayhawk1952]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Some QBs are better than others. That's fact, just as some running backs are more talented than others.
The thing is the best running backs AND the best QBs can never achieve their best play behind a line that is dominated by the opposition.
Winning football is predicated on winning at the line of scrimmage. It is as simple as that. I don't doubt that if you put Mahonnes or Russel or Discount Double-check in as our QB we would see some improvement, but even the best QB will struggle under constant harassment. Same with a running back. With nowhere to run the best will go down wherever they catch him.
We simply have to improve our line play on both sides of the ball. If we can do that our skill players will reach their ability level.

#2044693 - 11/18/19 05:50 PM Re: Hawks/Pokess Game Thread [Re: appyhawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Some QBs are better than others. That's fact, just as some running backs are more talented than others.
The thing is the best running backs AND the best QBs can never achieve their best play behind a line that is dominated by the opposition.
Winning football is predicated on winning at the line of scrimmage. It is as simple as that. I don't doubt that if you put Mahonnes or Russel or Discount Double-check in as our QB we would see some improvement, but even the best QB will struggle under constant harassment. Same with a running back. With nowhere to run the best will go down wherever they catch him.
We simply have to improve our line play on both sides of the ball. If we can do that our skill players will reach their ability level.

Pretty much you are spot on. We didn’t win any national championships with Sayers or Riggo. Mahomes though is a generational player. .... I like our chances against any big 12 teams if he had any eligibility left. .... and let’s get tyreek and Kelsey too.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Preview