Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2044240 - 11/04/19 04:19 PM DJ Elliot and the D
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Our defensive coordinator critically failed against the litterbox. Since he doubles as the OLB coach, why in the hell was the defense so befuddled by the simple QB option? To be unprepared for a basic play is one thing, to NEVER make a single adjustment against said play is criminal.

Hint to future opponents.....wanna beat KU? Run the wishbone and rush for 1,000 yards!

It also appears State figured out how to stop the pass attack....very simply make sure you pressure the QB and take away any rhythm.

The Cat's smoked us with basic football 101. My hat is off to them. Far, far better team and program.

#2044247 - 11/04/19 05:00 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: beenahawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I have been disappointed with the D.

I know this will not be popular among the KU Sports faithful, but I think Bowen did a better job the last couple years. Now Bowen probably had a little better talent.

That said the defense was on the field A LOT, and that did not help at all.

#2044250 - 11/04/19 05:01 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: moose1]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1

I know this will not be popular among the KU Sports faithful, but I think Bowen did a better job the last couple years. Now Bowen probably had a little better talent.

A Bowen led defense would have at the very least, adjusted to the option play. Clint is a solid defensive mind, bet he was going nuts watching the ineptitude.

#2044251 - 11/04/19 05:09 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: beenahawk]
EstebanBugatti Online   content
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

A Bowen led defense would have at the very least, adjusted to the option play. Clint is a solid defensive mind, bet he was going nuts watching the ineptitude.

Throw out whatever drugs you're smoking. A Bowen led D would give up 50+ to KSUck. Elliot has no talent in the front 7 to work with right now.

#2044253 - 11/04/19 05:21 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: EstebanBugatti]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

Throw out whatever drugs you're smoking. A Bowen led D would give up 50+ to KSUck. Elliot has no talent in the front 7 to work with right now.

Not smoking a thing.......no talent is no excuse for not at least having the kids line up correctly to defend the option...that's all on DJ as coordinator and as far as stopping the option, as the OLB coach! Also, if you watched the game, KSU probably should have scored in excess of 50, they shot themselves in the foot to the tune of at least 3 TD's!

#2044258 - 11/04/19 07:45 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: EstebanBugatti]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

And Clint had a defense loaded with All Americans and All Conference talent.

#2044260 - 11/04/19 10:20 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: beenahawk]
Magicman Offline
Phog Fanatic

I've been thinking the same thing, all season. Not only do we not defend the option, but we don't spy the quarterback. Not only those two things, but we haven't had a contain man all season. Every defense has to have someone responsible for pitch contain, to at least, turn the play back in. Our defense doesn't seem very sound, or very few of the players are assignment sound!

#2044261 - 11/04/19 10:24 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: vmlb]
EstebanBugatti Online   content
Big Dipper

Originally Posted By: vmlb

And Clint had a defense loaded with All Americans and All Conference talent.

Wise and Dineen would make this Defense so much better. Bowen wasted them like he did Armstrong. You forgot just how retard Bowen really is. You do NOT want him back as the D Coordinator.

#2044302 - 11/05/19 09:11 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: EstebanBugatti]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Throw out whatever drugs you're smoking. A Bowen led D would give up 50+ to KSUck. Elliot has no talent in the front 7 to work with right now. [/quote]
And Clint had a defense loaded with All Americans and All Conference talent. [/quote]

Wise and Dineen would make this Defense so much better. Bowen wasted them like he did Armstrong. You forgot just how retard Bowen really is. You do NOT want him back as the D Coordinator. [/quote]

WARNING..............WARNING.............. Politically incorrect post

#2044341 - 11/07/19 08:01 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: beenahawk]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Eliot looks like a slightly better Bowen so far.

#2044360 - 11/08/19 10:46 AM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: pizzanbeer]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Eliot looks like a slightly better Bowen so far.

Very slightly!

The issue I have with the entire team, offense, defense and special teams is that we are approaching game 10 and the kids don't look any better than they did in game 1. Seeing the same issues over and over again. We can't run the ball to the left side, even runs designed left get stuffed forcing Pooka to cut back right almost simultaneous to the handoff or pitch.

It's often said a team improves more from game one to game two than anytime else in the season.I sure hope Les and the staff can create some improvements in this off week, (11th week of the season!) otherwise we get clobbered in these final 3 contests.

#2044370 - 11/08/19 03:34 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: beenahawk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
" the kids don't look any better than they did in game 1"

beena,I can understand frustration level being somewhat static, but when was your last eye checkup?

#2044371 - 11/08/19 03:57 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: appyhawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
" the kids don't look any better than they did in game 1"

beena,I can understand frustration level being somewhat static, but when was your last eye checkup?

June! (LOL) Yeah, I am frustrated, but not having a CLUE on the Cat's option play and still such pathetic o-line play is beginning to wear thin after 11 weeks.

#2044399 - 11/10/19 03:50 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: beenahawk]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think we had a guy a couple of times who had edge responsibility on the option who got pancaked and left us with 1 guy covering 2.

#2044415 - 11/11/19 04:17 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: AlOerter]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

We are not getting enough of a pass rush or stopping the run with the players we have in the 3-4 defense. Eliot has verbals from a lot of LBs so that will help. I would like to see him add more recruits for DL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview