Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2044291 - 11/05/19 07:55 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Ochai sucks at leading the break

He shouldn't be leading the break dummy. Dotson is over rated...not having superior point guards is why KU hasn't won a title in 12 yrs..and we won't win one this year...Bill is a one and done NC guy...Roi is better...

#2044292 - 11/05/19 08:09 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Dotson misses layup and duke hits a 2 bounce jump shot.

#2044293 - 11/05/19 08:15 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We lose. McCormack not ready for prime time.

#2044294 - 11/05/19 08:18 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Getting tired or seeing duke and kentucky beating us with guys we recruited.

#2044296 - 11/05/19 08:33 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

I am right.... you PLOWBILLIES are incorrect... Coach K is better...their talent is better 1-5...and far more disciplined...28 turnovers...that's like a middle school team...

#2044298 - 11/05/19 08:37 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: AlOerter]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Getting tired or seeing duke and kentucky beating us with guys we recruited.

Self had the wrong 5 on the floor for a majority of the game...it's on him mostly..he got fat a lazy and coaches in that manner. This is his last hooray boys he better get his act together. A few years ago I never wanted Self to leave... now I don't really care...

#2044301 - 11/05/19 09:06 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Guess I am right since no one will debate me....where is the KYjelly faggola....or Timmay talking smack...

#2044306 - 11/06/19 07:17 AM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
shuv_n_stuff Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Oh, I agree with ya! But, when this dust settles everyone should agree that Self's best days are truly behind him. His offensive scheme is boring and predictable which lends all opposing teams a feast to exploit it. Whether there may be growing pains or not, this University needs new blood in the head coach department, because as of right now I feel Self could have a starting five full of NBA guys and still find a way to squander the talent...my $.02

#2044309 - 11/06/19 08:48 AM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ahhh helllll I thought posters would blast me for stating Self should go... don't get me wrong he is still an adequate coach. But with the talent we have he should have had a much better game plan vs Duke last night. Braun should never seen the court. Not that he screwed up outside of one turnover but he didn't contribute. Redshirting Lightfoot was a mistake him coming off the bench with his experience would have probably won us the game. Bill making multiple mistakes is troubling.

#2044310 - 11/06/19 12:11 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Kanfucious Offline
Prairie Warrior

It's rare when a team leaves MSG being thought of as the best of the 4 despite losing. That's exactly what some analyst are suggesting and what I believe. 28 Turnovers are a rare and unfortunate anomaly that can easily be cleaned up

Edited by Kanfucious (11/06/19 01:26 PM)

#2044312 - 11/06/19 12:39 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Tale of the tape:
Assist to turnover ratio for the two guards from both teams that played the most minutes..

KU (Ochai and Dotson) - .454
Duke (Stanley and Tre) - 1.16

That's why we lost...

#2044321 - 11/06/19 04:43 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I am not in total agreement with some of the pundit's who credited our tremendous turnover rate to Duke pressure. My observation was that a lot of our turnovers were self inflicted by poor judgement, lack of execution, and lack of court awareness. The good news is that those things are fixable. Once that is taken care of we'll be just fine.
How will we stack up?
I liked what I saw from Kentucky, particularly liked Maxey. That kid plays with a true love for what he's doing. His 'swag' is simply celebrating that love. Just the kind of kid I'd love to have on my team. I think that once our guys gel we'll be right in the thick of things fighting for the top spot. Duke may be too, although I think they may have more ground to make up to get there. Mich St played hard, but I place them at the bottom of the 4 teams who played last night when the dust settles.
Louisville put on quite a show yesterday in Miami. Better watch out for that crew.

#2044322 - 11/06/19 04:55 PM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Overall team turnovers I believe will improve. But Ochai and Dotson turnovers were bothering... Dotson is elite talent... Ochai is good/great vs inferior teams... against good competition he fades away.. check out his stats against good B12 teams last season...Not very good...he was 145 on Rivals...Moss or Garrett need to be the two guards.

#2044331 - 11/07/19 09:53 AM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It has been a characteristic of Bill Self teams to be sloppy early in the season. I think he focuses more on conditioning and defense early and offense more as the season progresses. I do think this group will be superior defensively to last year’s team.

#2044332 - 11/07/19 10:31 AM Re: Gameday ya dang inbred suckas.. [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

That wouldn't take much to be better defensively than that bunch... that's a given and this team will be better defensively. We need the right combination of guards on the floor...we need at least two solid 3 point shooters also or every opponent will double down on our boys. The main reason we made the F4 in 18 was because Svi and Malik was lighting it up in the tournament... which made for some easy buckets from Silvio ...Moss hopefully can contribute soon...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview