Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2043773 - 10/21/19 10:08 PM KU/MU To Renew Rivalry
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Starting 2020 at Sprint in KC. The series will include 2 games in AFH and 2 games in Columbia.
Thought Bill said we had no interest in patronizing MU. Must have changed his mind.

#2043774 - 10/21/19 10:18 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: appyhawk]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

lame

#2043776 - 10/21/19 10:37 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: appyhawk]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Why is it lame gayblade...the ruralites need something to live for.... amirite...yes I am...

#2043778 - 10/21/19 10:50 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: appyhawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Mixed emotions on this one.

On one hand withholding games from MU was a great punishment, and hurt them more than it hurt KU.

On the other hand I missed playing those bastards!

"Everything from Missouri has a taint about it."

#2043779 - 10/21/19 11:23 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: appyhawk]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Interestingly, there won't be any currently matriculating KU students that were around the last time KU played MU in the regular season, but there will be hundreds of MU students that were.

#2043783 - 10/22/19 08:03 AM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: appyhawk]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Hey that's pretty funny there Jimbo...

#2043790 - 10/22/19 01:43 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: appyhawk]
B_of_H Offline
is in your head....

Loc: the urban core
I think this is a mistake. that being said I think Jeff Long and Self now realize that they'll probably have a few lean years with some NCAA limits on scholarships and recruiting. So keeping interest alive with something like this makes sense in that context.

fwiw Self said privately he wouldn't consider playing mizzou as long as Alden is AD. Then he later said that he wasn't sure if KU fans wanted to play them. My guess is that Alden left and they looked at the state of Mizzou's team and decided it wasn't worth it. Now, they are on the way up and we might be on the way down.

#2043791 - 10/22/19 02:16 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: JimWest]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Originally Posted By: JimWest
Interestingly, there won't be any currently matriculating KU students that were around the last time KU played MU in the regular season, but there will be hundreds of MU students that were.

Stop the presses! Do I detect 'Slimiest they is' West just made his best comment ever? OK, low bar, but still,,,

#2043792 - 10/22/19 04:01 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: B_of_H]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: B_of_H
I think this is a mistake. that being said I think Jeff Long and Self now realize that they'll probably have a few lean years with some NCAA limits on scholarships and recruiting. So keeping interest alive with something like this makes sense in that context.

fwiw Self said privately he wouldn't consider playing mizzou as long as Alden is AD. Then he later said that he wasn't sure if KU fans wanted to play them. My guess is that Alden left and they looked at the state of Mizzou's team and decided it wasn't worth it. Now, they are on the way up and we might be on the way down.

What is the downside? I guess it is we are helping out MU to a certain extent, but enough time has gone by I am more interested in renewing the rivalry than punishing MU. I just miss it.

On a side note I think KU and MU will be in the same conference again in the Big 10 someday. I know I am in the minority there, but just my two cents.

#2043794 - 10/22/19 05:45 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: moose1]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: B_of_H

What is the downside? I guess it is we are helping out MU to a certain extent, but enough time has gone by I am more interested in renewing the rivalry than punishing MU. I just miss it.

On a side note I think KU and MU will be in the same conference again in the Big 10 someday. I know I am in the minority there, but just my two cents.

KU is more likely to join the SEC than MU the B1G.

#2043795 - 10/22/19 08:25 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Hey that's pretty funny there Jimbo...

I did have to smile.

#2043804 - 10/23/19 02:30 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
"... that being said I think Jeff Long and Self now realize that they'll probably have a few lean years..." so says a poster followed by the preseason poll showing us at Kansas as #3 nationally !

#2044053 - 10/30/19 04:55 PM Re: KU/MU To Renew Rivalry [Re: appyhawk]
rckchlkjhwk84 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Amidst the Phog
I was mostly negative about renewing the rivalry since we stopped playing them, but I'm actually really excited now. Didn't think I would be. Purps can't get the blood boiling like mizzou.

Preview