Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2044025 - 10/29/19 10:38 AM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: JimWest]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

I guess you don't recognize sarcasm when you see it.

#2044026 - 10/29/19 10:41 AM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
I guess you don't recognize sarcasm when you see it.

You weren't being sarcastic. You are clearly trying to defend your own failures as an English speaker. Now that you've been called out for your intellectual deficiencies, you are resorting to the tired, "oh I was just kidding" line. It's unfortunate that you never attempted to better yourself throughout your supposedly long, yet pointless, life.

#2044027 - 10/29/19 11:44 AM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Hard to reason with the unreasonable. Unless you can lay claim to a doctorate, I'll match my education with yours at any time.

#2044030 - 10/29/19 05:06 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Your response made me do some checking myself. My memory isn't all that bad, maybe 2 inches off. My reference is the book, "Wilt, Larger Than Life" by Robert Cherry, the biography of Wilt that is considered by many as the best one you can read. On Page 108, Cherry refers to and quotes Norm Drucker, a NBA and ABA ref for 27 years. Drucker recalls that Wilt was not one to retaliate. Many players would do about anything to physically hinder Wilt, but he says, that Wilt refused to retaliate back. He also considered Wilt as being the greatest player ever. This comes from one who observed Wilt and many other players often as he reffed the games.

But the incident(s) we referred to, are two different ones. Clyde threw his elbow at Wilt in a 1960 game. It was a really hard blow and it puffed up Wilt's face like a balloon. Wilt did not retaliate and played the next night even though his coach didn't think he ought too.

It was during the 1963-1964 finals that the incident of knocking Clyde out happened. Here are Drucker's words, "Clyde Lovellette, who was Russell's backup, came in and was pushing Wilt around. Suddenly, they both turned to each other, and Wilt said, 'Cut it out,' or words to that effect. With that, Clyde put his hands up in a fighting pose. I think Wilt thought Clyde was going to throw a punch, so Wilt hit him right on the jaw. Clyde crumpled to the floor. George Lee, a substitute on the bench, shouted, 'Clyde, take the full count. Don't get up.'"

"Tom Meschery, Wilt's teammate, also remembered the fight: 'I can tell you, the punch didn't travel more than 10 inches. Clyde fell like a bull in a bullfight.'" That's where I'm off a couple of inches.

This attests both to Wilt's gentleness as well as to his strength. Guess you want to push a gentle person only so far. Clyde learned that the hard way!

Well you been telling your old lady 6 inches is 8 inches most of your married life....so I do understand your confusion. Not that you have had any real sex in the last 15 years...no enemas don't count...

#2044031 - 10/29/19 05:09 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Another thing...Clyde lived much longer than the Big Zipper....87 vs what 47....that skank poontang was his demise....but what a way to go out....yeah babeeee..yeah.n

#2044032 - 10/29/19 05:16 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Wilt Chamberlain

Talk about changing the subject when you're wrong!

#2044034 - 10/29/19 05:39 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Wrong about wut...ok 5 1/2 inches...lol... that keep the old girl going...varooommm...

#2044035 - 10/29/19 05:41 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh by the way... Jimbo has got you beat with wit and intellect. He escaped the Kansas hinderlands...you didn't...you must be well travelled to grasp what is really going on with the world...

#2044038 - 10/29/19 07:42 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Wilt Chamberlain

I won't say that I'm well traveled, but I have been in three different continents, four different countries other than the USA and 38 of our states.

#2044039 - 10/29/19 08:46 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Alabama and Arkiesaw don't count as other countries... neither does Brasky and Ioweee....just busting your chops errr dentures 52.... you are a decent individual for a plowbilly...

#2044040 - 10/29/19 09:35 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Hard to reason with the unreasonable. Unless you can lay claim to a doctorate, I'll match my education with yours at any time.

lol

Typical ruralite, equating education with intelligence. I said nothing about education.

#2044041 - 10/29/19 09:36 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

I won't say that I'm well traveled, but I have been in three different continents, four different countries other than the USA and 38 of our states.

Spending 3 days in a place doesn't count. You've probably never lived anywhere but your barn.

#2044042 - 10/29/19 11:46 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol...you two need to get a room....leave the old plowboy alone Jimbo....he can't comprehend your lifestyle whatever it may be...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview