#2044001 - 10/28/19 05:37 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

LOL!!!

#2044003 - 10/28/19 06:16 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Ya want to be zipped up yo....KY will be zipped up first... you will die later from a Metamucil overdose...or Miralax...done [censored] yourself to death...KY will die from a meth overdose straining his bum ticker too much....

#2044006 - 10/28/19 07:30 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Spect I'll probably outlive you.

#2044008 - 10/28/19 08:10 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
Spect

That's one hell of a typo. What is this supposed to say?

#2044009 - 10/28/19 09:18 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ruralite speak...c'mon slickest...

#2044010 - 10/28/19 09:22 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Spect I'll probably outlive you.

Well I reckon so.... doubtful your 80 something and I am young 60s..and really do you want to live that much longer in the hayseed Western Kansas hinderlands... good Gawd why man....why....guess you already know what hell will be like living out there...ahhh snap my tickerrrr....uggghh..

#2044011 - 10/28/19 09:25 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Ruralite speak...c'mon slickest...

I should have known.

#2044012 - 10/28/19 09:58 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yes you should have....

#2044013 - 10/28/19 11:02 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

So we now have language police on this thread. "Spect" is a colloquialism for expect or, possibly, suspect. Spect city slickers ain't got the smarts to figger such out.

#2044015 - 10/28/19 11:40 PM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yeah that's it...hey I knew what you meant. Your easy to understand...now back to Wilt...he was very tall. Heard he was good at track and field. Wonder why if he did compete on KUs track team....

#2044016 - 10/29/19 12:09 AM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I knew you understood, it was for that other poster that I posted.

Yes, Wilt was on the track and field team. Wilt participated in the high jump, triple jump and the shot put for the Jayhawks. He did quite well in those events. He was also a good runner and could have competed in the sprints and well as the distance runs. He was fast and had great endurance. His dream was to compete in the decathlon, but as a professional basketball player, the rules prohibited him from doing so. I believe that he would have done quite well in the decathlon. Wilt was extremely strong. He once got upset at two of his Globe Trotter teammates, each who weighted over 200 pounds, and grabbed them by their collars. With his arms straight out, he lifted both of them up off of the ground. Another time Clyde Lovellette was bugging him in a NBA game. Clyde even put up his duke's as if he was going to punch Wilt. Wilt, with his fist only 12 inches from Clyde's face, gave him a punch that knocked him out. He was a, "One of a kind!"

#2044020 - 10/29/19 08:29 AM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok I'll admit you are more than old enough to remember all of that...but the accuracy is questionable. Doubt if he knocked Clyde out just playing around...I will check the cold hard facts and get back with you.

#2044021 - 10/29/19 08:37 AM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok it happened but not like you stated...Clyde hit Wilt with an elbow during an NBA playoff game between the Warriors and the Celtics . Apparently the distance of the knockout punch was even less than 12 inches. Loveyye was known as a dirty NBA players... guess he had it coming...

#2044022 - 10/29/19 09:28 AM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Your response made me do some checking myself. My memory isn't all that bad, maybe 2 inches off. My reference is the book, "Wilt, Larger Than Life" by Robert Cherry, the biography of Wilt that is considered by many as the best one you can read. On Page 108, Cherry refers to and quotes Norm Drucker, a NBA and ABA ref for 27 years. Drucker recalls that Wilt was not one to retaliate. Many players would do about anything to physically hinder Wilt, but he says, that Wilt refused to retaliate back. He also considered Wilt as being the greatest player ever. This comes from one who observed Wilt and many other players often as he reffed the games.

But the incident(s) we referred to, are two different ones. Clyde threw his elbow at Wilt in a 1960 game. It was a really hard blow and it puffed up Wilt's face like a balloon. Wilt did not retaliate and played the next night even though his coach didn't think he ought too.

It was during the 1963-1964 finals that the incident of knocking Clyde out happened. Here are Drucker's words, "Clyde Lovellette, who was Russell's backup, came in and was pushing Wilt around. Suddenly, they both turned to each other, and Wilt said, 'Cut it out,' or words to that effect. With that, Clyde put his hands up in a fighting pose. I think Wilt thought Clyde was going to throw a punch, so Wilt hit him right on the jaw. Clyde crumpled to the floor. George Lee, a substitute on the bench, shouted, 'Clyde, take the full count. Don't get up.'"

"Tom Meschery, Wilt's teammate, also remembered the fight: 'I can tell you, the punch didn't travel more than 10 inches. Clyde fell like a bull in a bullfight.'" That's where I'm off a couple of inches.

This attests both to Wilt's gentleness as well as to his strength. Guess you want to push a gentle person only so far. Clyde learned that the hard way!

#2044024 - 10/29/19 10:32 AM Re: Wilt Chamberlain [Re: Jayhawk1952]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

So we now have language police on this thread. "Spect" is a colloquialism for expect or, possibly, suspect. Spect city slickers ain't got the smarts to figger such out.

Sorry, you don't get to be your own lexicographer. We have language standards for a reason.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview