Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2043758 - 10/20/19 10:24 PM Dearmon
Yardbirdbob Offline
Big Dipper

I believe his contract has a hefty buy-out if he leaves, but it ain't hefty enough.

Insider described Dearmon as one part Knute Rockne, one part Bill Walsh. At this point, I'd make Les a walk around coach/recruiter and let Dearmon oversee all of the actual coaching. Then name him HCIW and make it damn soon so he does not have to wait long. Just my 2 cents.

#2043760 - 10/21/19 06:21 AM Re: Dearmon [Re: Yardbirdbob]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Wooa nelly....Let’s not jump the gun..... One game does not put him in the same class as Knute Rockne and Bill Walsh... two of the greatest of all time. Good start but just a start. Let’s see what he can do the rest of the season before putting him in the hall of fame.

Edited by track (10/21/19 08:40 AM)

#2043762 - 10/21/19 12:14 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: Yardbirdbob]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Agree with track. One game is too small a sample size. But I also agree with yard that the last game performance was certainly encouraging. It should be noted we also played OU pretty tough before the change was made, and fair to note the the Tejas defense was playing shorthanded. Need to reflect on the whole picture to create a better balanced expectation.
I'll step far enough out on the limb to say it appears as though our glass isn't less than half full. We've got some young men who can play and it appears our new coaching staff is making positive progress at an increased rate.
Drink up! But don't hit the hard stuff. smile

#2043763 - 10/21/19 12:40 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: Yardbirdbob]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I agree with Track. It was just one game. Maybe KU got Lucky against Texas. Also let's see how Dearmon does after there are a few more games of tape for teams to look at. Right now teams have no idea what he is going to do except that it will probably involve RPOs. A rookie pitcher always has a better showing his first time against teams. The second and third time around is what is telling. That said I like what I see so far.

#2043764 - 10/21/19 12:43 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: appyhawk]
Yardbirdbob Offline
Big Dipper

Fair enough. But I'm old enough to remember that KU could have had its own hall-of-famer in Bill Snyder, and took a pass on him. Think of where KU could be as a University today. . .

Just saying, we have lightening in a bottle with Dearmon. Let's not mess it up!

#2043768 - 10/21/19 05:52 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: Yardbirdbob]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
Fair enough. But I'm old enough to remember that KU could have had its own hall-of-famer in Bill Snyder, and took a pass on him. Think of where KU could be as a University today. . .

KU may have lightning in a bottle. I think the final 5 games will shed pretty good light on it. KU is at the point that if they see they have something I think they will do what it takes to keep a good thing around. I don't think you can say HCIW, but you can pay him what he is worth. I think the combo of Miles and Dearmon in the short term can be potent. Miles with the recruiting and Dearmon with his offense. Let Dearmon grow into the position and be groomed for HC. All that being said let's see what happens the rest of the season.

#2043977 - 10/27/19 06:52 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: moose1]
Yardbirdbob Offline
Big Dipper

Lock him up!

#2043987 - 10/27/19 11:39 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: Yardbirdbob]
yovoy Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: running amok
I don't know about any of it, but I'd say the BC win had Dearmon's prints all over it. I'm still expecting to get blown out a couple of times the rest of the way, but maybe not *so* bad as we would have?

#2044241 - 11/04/19 04:22 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: Yardbirdbob]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas

I missed the "lightening" this past Saturday. But I'd much rather have States offense than anything Dearmon runs................

#2044245 - 11/04/19 04:39 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: Yardbirdbob]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Dearmon consistency is probably in question but it’s early into the Miles era. At least we tried something beyond an onside kick to start out. And hackysack with the lawn students...Beady of course.

#2044246 - 11/04/19 04:45 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: beenahawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

I missed the "lightening" this past Saturday. But I'd much rather have States offense than anything Dearmon runs................

Well if the offense runs like it has I am fine with Dearmon's offense. Although I do marvel how K-State can be that effective with an offense that is that out of date. It reminded me of Nebraska back in the day. You knew what was coming, but you couldn't stop it.

I think now that there is tape out on Dearmon's offense teams can plan against it. We knew that was going to happen. As fans we get too carried away with talk of locking him up after a couple games, and conversely when things go bad saying he is not the real deal. Give him time. Not to mention when it is all said and done Stanley is just an OK quarterback. He can run a system, but if things break down he is going to freeze up. I don't know how many times the announcers said he was throwing off his back foot. That is just a recipe for disaster, and tells me Stanley has gotten into a desperate situation.

Let's see how the last three weeks play out.

#2044248 - 11/04/19 05:00 PM Re: Dearmon [Re: moose1]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
The biggest difference in the two teams is the cat's actually have a offensive line that can both run and pass block....ours, especially the left side can do neither. Thus even a consistent 4 man rush against our 5 o-lineman leads to protection breakdowns and Stanley rushing the ball, off of his back foot.

Preview