Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2043757 - 10/20/19 10:21 PM Year So Far
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I must say I am pleased with what I have seen so far. There have been a few hiccups, but I believe KU is finally on track. It is still going to take time, but I do see the needle trending up.

They have been close in a number of games the next step is to close games out. I think that will come, but it is a tough lesson to learn, especially when KU Has always been the loser.

It is fun watching Stanley. At the same time he is not the future. I think they should keep playing him because he will help make the rest of the offense better and help develop some of the younger players. Hopefully they have identified a successor, and that player is working alongside Stanley to try to learn the position for next year.

The announcers make me a bit nervous. After the Texas game they were talking almost like KU WOULD win the next two games. KU has gotten better, but they have not gotten to the point where they can expect to beat anyone. They need to go out and play (I hate to say this) angry with a chip on their shoulder.

It has been fun so far. I would love to see KU win a couple more. I think if they did that we will keep most if not all the 2020 recruiting class.

#2043759 - 10/21/19 06:12 AM Re: Year So Far [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1
I must say I am pleased with what I have seen so far. There have been a few hiccups, but I believe KU is finally on track. It is still going to take time, but I do see the needle trending up.

They have been close in a number of games the next step is to close games out. I think that will come, but it is a tough lesson to learn, especially when KU Has always been the loser.

It is fun watching Stanley. At the same time he is not the future. I think they should keep playing him because he will help make the rest of the offense better and help develop some of the younger players. Hopefully they have identified a successor, and that player is working alongside Stanley to try to learn the position for next year.

The announcers make me a bit nervous. After the Texas game they were talking almost like KU WOULD win the next two games. KU has gotten better, but they have not gotten to the point where they can expect to beat anyone. They need to go out and play (I hate to say this) angry with a chip on their shoulder.

It has been fun so far. I would love to see KU win a couple more. I think if they did that we will keep most if not all the 2020 recruiting class.

Typically I am glad to see the senior class go as they have been pretty bad in recent years but I think we might miss this current class. We lose 13 starters.

#2043767 - 10/21/19 03:24 PM Re: Year So Far [Re: moose1]
PbBut Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: 66227
I feel much the same way you apparently do. While this team may not win another game, I am hopeful they do.
I think a lot of this has to do with the staff's ability to define a game plan for each opponent (Coastal Carolina-Fail...Boston College-Win). While not big on comparative scores, you'll notice BC defeated NC State 45-24 this past weekend.
As for Stanley, he should keep taking the snaps. We don't know what McVittie looks like in this offense, but if he is still eligible for a redshirt, he should take it. And there will be other options available.
Ignore the announcers except when doing real analysis or giving down and distance. They want this program to do well just in terms of keeping their jobs interesting and have some excitement back in Memorial.
Players want to win and winning excites recruiting.

Preview