Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2043202 - 09/30/19 11:28 PM Kansas must follow California
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

If Kansas doesn't follow California's lead, it will be the end of KU basketball success.

Both KU and K-State will be relegated to inferior leagues as it will be impossible to recruit true D1 talent.

Call your representatives and demand they get with the times you dumb hicks.

#2043204 - 09/30/19 11:58 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: JimWest]
KYBLUEBLOOD Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Bill Self and Kurtis Townsend don’t need anything changed to pay the players. I’m sure someone took over for Gassnola. Bill will be eating dinner with this new guy now.

Could go back to The Godfather system used in Wilt’s day. He even talked about it How they got Wilt and paid him. The most dominant player in the history of the game and Phog Allen couldn’t win a championship with him. Unbelievable isn’t it.

Edited by KYBLUEBLOOD (10/01/19 12:02 AM)

#2043205 - 10/01/19 12:08 AM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
Bill Self and Kurtis Townsend don’t need anything changed to pay the players. I’m sure someone took over for Gassnola. Bill will be eating dinner with this new guy now.

Could go back to The Godfather system used in Wilt’s day. He even talked about it How they got Wilt and paid him. The most dominant player in the history of the game and Phog Allen couldn’t win a championship with him. Unbelievable isn’t it.

I have no idea what any of this has to do with anything.

Also, Wilt was not that great. Only ruralites like yourself think otherwise.

#2043206 - 10/01/19 08:55 AM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: JimWest]
Wilt Chamberlain

Takes effect in 2023. About the time news reaches most of Kansas.

#2043215 - 10/01/19 08:06 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Takes effect in 2023. About the time news reaches most of Kansas.

I get the impression you think that calling Kansas rural and behind the times is something I will disagree with.

#2043216 - 10/01/19 08:53 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Jayhawk1952 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

It would have been really difficult for Phog Allen to have won even one game with Wilt, let alone a championship, as he never got to coach Wilt. Phog was forced to retire when Wilt became a sophomore, Freshman couldn't play varsity in those days. Dick Harp coached him as a freshman and then became the head coach. He was Wilt's only college coach.

#2043217 - 10/01/19 09:03 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Do you think that Kensuck inbred really knows anything about KU hoops..he only know how to pay knee service to Calismelly...he is an idiot...

#2043218 - 10/01/19 09:03 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Wilt Chamberlain

Bad coach then. Phog only won 1 so you know he was no Donovan or Wright.

#2043219 - 10/01/19 09:06 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Hilarious..die muthafugger die...oh yeah you will soon...and I will laugh and laugh...even when you make mistakes and that's about every other post you make you still don't know when to STFU....

#2043222 - 10/01/19 10:09 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Max Falkenstien

Bad coach then. Phog only won 1 so you know he was no Donovan or Wright.

Rupp said that everything he had learned about basketball had come from Allen. Without Allen, UK basketball probably would never have risen to the heights that it has. It reached those heights through Allen's pupil, Rupp. Phog Allen was and is considered the Father of Basketball Coaching. And while we're at it, UNC rose to it's heights under Dean Smith, another basketball pupil under Allen. The top three winiest basketball schools are these three UK, KU and UNC. All rose to their dominance through these three coaches, all from KU. No one probably had more influence in helping basketball reach great acceptance than Phog Allen. He not only helped to show that coaching was a vital part of it, he helped make the game highly popular, was instrumental in getting the game into the Olympics and helped get the NCAA tournament started. When it comes to importance in college basketball, there's not many coaches who can hold a candle to the influence of Phog Allen.

#2043224 - 10/02/19 12:03 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Well stated diatribe guy..

#2043225 - 10/02/19 12:47 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Well stated diatribe guy..

Thanks.

#2043230 - 10/02/19 06:07 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

More facts
Less ranting diatribes...

#2043233 - 10/02/19 08:39 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Max Falkenstien

If California is able to come out on top with this, then everyone will soon follow. If not . . . well who knows. There may be some changes made that might move us somewhat in that direction. I'm certainly not a fan of the NCAA and haven't been for a good number of years. There needs to be a guiding hand over college sports, but they've gotten out of hand.

#2043236 - 10/02/19 10:25 PM Re: Kansas must follow California [Re: JimWest]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok ancient... time for bed in western hick Kansas hinderlands...take the Geritol ... double up on the Depends....light the outhouse lantern and go to bed...lol

Preview