Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2043139 - 09/28/19 02:16 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Yeah, gotta learn what we can from this one and put it behind us and forget about it.

#2043141 - 09/28/19 03:29 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
SMU must have good offense because TCU defense couldn't stop them all game. But, we do suck.
IMHO coach Miles needs to hand over 100% control of the O to our O coaches...when he's let them control the plays we've excelled, when he hasn't we've struggled.

We gotta go RPO O 100% of the time and we'll find ways to score. This I formation 1990's smash mouth stuff just doesn't work and hasn't worked anywhere for a decade or more.

I did not watch the game, but did we revert to the I formation for this game? If so WHY?!?! The RPO seemed to be working.

#2043146 - 09/28/19 05:40 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
We did a mix, but yes we did still run the I formation up the gut crap and yes it still fails miserably. My gripe is we've seen enough of that to know it won't work for this team and we shouldn't see any of it anymore this year (or ever as far as I'm concerned).

#2043147 - 09/28/19 05:54 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: PHOGUSHER]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yeah that is disappointing. Maybe Coach Miles was concerned about TCUs speed on D (which he should be), and wanted to try to get blockers ASAP so they couldn’t roam free. Not what I would have done but I am just trying to figure out what he was thinking.

#2043148 - 09/28/19 06:04 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1
Yeah that is disappointing. Maybe Coach Miles was concerned about TCUs speed on D (which he should be), and wanted to try to get blockers ASAP so they couldn’t roam free. Not what I would have done but I am just trying to figure out what he was thinking.

Let’s talk about Stanley. 12 of 29. 84 yards. That’s not even a decent high school percentage or yardage. He is not elusive, continues to throw into double coverage and he is woefully inaccurate. Will we ever recruit a big 12 caliber QB. In an era when passing is more prolific in college and the nfl than it ever has been, KU has for years struggled to move the ball against big 12 opponents. Gill, CW,Beaty, or Miles... different coach but same results.

#2043149 - 09/28/19 06:18 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: track]
Yardbirdbob Offline
John Brown

Guys, I know this was rough today. Nobody likes to be on the receiving end of something like this. But we didn't get here over night, and we are not getting out of it over night either. We have run coaches out of here like a sick old lady goes through tissues. Its gonna take time to right the ship. Miles deserves at least 5 years to get this on track.

#2043150 - 09/28/19 06:58 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: Yardbirdbob]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
Guys, I know this was rough today. Nobody likes to be on the receiving end of something like this. But we didn't get here over night, and we are not getting out of it over night either. We have run coaches out of here like a sick old lady goes through tissues. Its gonna take time to right the ship. Miles deserves at least 5 years to get this on track.

Nobody is calling for Miles head. Just saying to date nothing has changed under his tutelage. We have sucked for years and we continue to suck. All those that thought getting rid of Beaty was going to solve our problems instantly were sadly mistaken. I don’t see any difference on the field this year versus last year so far.

#2043151 - 09/28/19 07:22 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: Yardbirdbob]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No one was talking about getting rid of coaches. In general I like what Coach Miles has done especially in regards to recruiting. That will pay off in the end. KU was a little hurt on defense by Prox being hurt, but it was a good learning experience for Potter.

That said this game I am disappointed Coach Miles. He seemed to go away from what has worked the past couple games. I am disappointed KU did not put up much of a fight after the win against BC and the close game against WVU.

I am not fully sold on Koenning. I would have liked to see what Lindsey would have done. I do think we need to stick with Koenning for consistency sake.

Not the biggest fan of Stanley, and I will be glad when he is no longer an option. Right now it looks like he is what KU has to work with so I will root for him while he is in there.

This is a football message board. We talk about the team. We talk about what we like, and what we don't like. After getting boat raced 51 to 14 there is probably not much to say that we liked, and guess what there isn't.

#2043152 - 09/28/19 07:50 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: track

Nobody is calling for Miles head. Just saying to date nothing has changed under his tutelage. We have sucked for years and we continue to suck. All those that thought getting rid of Beaty was going to solve our problems instantly were sadly mistaken. I don’t see any difference on the field this year versus last year so far.
Can you list the people posting here who thought Miles was the instant solution? Even Uncle Ben’s White Rice mix takes time track.

#2043153 - 09/28/19 07:51 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
BC game shows some difference however. To say none is flat out lying.

#2043155 - 09/28/19 08:22 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: KUCO_VOC]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Can you list the people posting here who thought Miles was the instant solution? Even Uncle Ben’s White Rice mix takes time track.

KU fans have been burned too long to expect an instant solution. Honestly I think KU is doing as good as they can. In fact I think if KU had not hired Miles there would be no talk at all, because everyone would be so apathetic about them. Over the fact we are even talking about KU is a win in and of itself.

I am down with Miles, but I would like him to stay out of the offense. I don't want any head coach doing coordinator duties.

#2043158 - 09/28/19 09:33 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

BC game shows some difference however. To say none is flat out lying.

We beat TCU last year and look what happened this year....just like BC...an aberration

#2043159 - 09/28/19 09:35 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: moose1

KU fans have been burned too long to expect an instant solution. Honestly I think KU is doing as good as they can. In fact I think if KU had not hired Miles there would be no talk at all, because everyone would be so apathetic about them. Over the fact we are even talking about KU is a win in and of itself.

I am down with Miles, but I would like him to stay out of the offense. I don't want any head coach doing coordinator duties.

Lincoln Riley? Andy Reid?

#2043161 - 09/28/19 10:11 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: track]
Yardbirdbob Offline
John Brown

Just the opposite - I'd like Miles to take over the OC duties for the rest of the season. If nothing else, it would keep the opposition wondering WTH is coming next. Also, mix in a couple of the younger guys at QB. Build for the future.

#2043162 - 09/28/19 10:17 PM Re: GTS: Jayhawks vs Horned Frogs [Re: PHOGUSHER]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
no where to go but up. Oh wait, we play OU next....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview