Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2042950 - 09/23/19 04:21 PM Kansas Charged
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

"The University of Kansas has received its notice of allegations from the NCAA today, which includes potentially devastating allegations toward the men’s basketball program, according to multiple sources.
Kansas has been charged with lack of institutional control, three Level I violations in men’s basketball and there is a head coach responsibility charge against coach Bill Self, according to multiple sources. There also are allegations against football, sources added, although those are Level II violations. The football allegations include charges of allowing an extra coach to work during practice under former head coach David Beaty."

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kansas-...-210015300.html

#2042954 - 09/23/19 05:40 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Bring it on, get it over with.
What's interesting is the use of this to not pay Beaty, but retaining the BB coaches, and apparently doing nothing to them.

#2042960 - 09/23/19 06:51 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
I fully expect us not to particpate in any post season tourney's this season. If we do that, I think it would spare us from further embarrassment in the future. Wire taps for crying out loud! Self and Townsend...............Pretty cut and dried.

#2042964 - 09/23/19 07:14 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I guess that would solidify who the best Coach in modern KU basketball history would be...........Roy. No doubt. He won with some great players surrounded by some blue collar workers. Self recruited(or Adidas) some of the best classes ever to KU and really never had the "IT" factor. Thanks Adidas for Preston and who ever else was brought here by your funny money. I would like to know how far or how many years this goes back and if we have inherited players on our Final 4 teams and our Natty team. Or do I want to know that?

#2042975 - 09/23/19 08:08 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
If the video coordinator, Coach Love, helped out at a few practices trying to help our qb's "read coverages" ... boy, that is weak sauce. So, Coach Love, helped us go 1-11???

#2042980 - 09/23/19 08:35 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Errrr basketball thread!!!

#2042984 - 09/23/19 08:57 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
https://www.oregonlive.com/business/2019...age-talent.html

Pull quote: "Gassnola was assigned to basketball programs for Kansas, North Carolina State, Indiana and, for a time, Miami. Gassnola reveled in his new role for Adidas. He sent fawning text messages to the basketball elite, calling Kansas’ head coach not by his name but instead “Hall of Famer.”

“I viewed my job to make sure that the coaching staffs of the basketball teams were happy with us and the basketball marketing department,” Gassnola testified.

Gassnola believed the other past of his job — as he made clear in dramatic testimony — was to buy off top talent to benefit Adidas.

#2043028 - 09/24/19 08:44 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Case and point. Self and the staff all knew who and how much was being paid to each and every player approached. How in this day and age could anything fly under the radar in the digital age.

The perfect plan failed when someone snitched this process to the Feds. Oh well. Take your medicine and move on. We fight this, and all kinds of stuff will or could come out of the wood work.

#2043075 - 09/26/19 05:13 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Georgia Tech gets the ACC heat while UNC and dUKe, nothing.

GT got 5 years probation, recruiting restrictions and must miss the tournament for one year. They had 2 level 1 violations.

Kansas has 3 plus the LOIC.... that worries me.

#2043077 - 09/26/19 05:22 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol....that's a knee slapper... you being worried about what's going to happen to old KU... hilarious

#2043079 - 09/26/19 06:37 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Lol....that's a knee slapper... you being worried about what's going to happen to old KU... hilarious
Maybe he has cancer?

#2043085 - 09/26/19 08:41 PM Re: Kansas Charged [Re: INation]
Original AFH Gangsta

Yeah that took heaps of deep thought..the only deep thoughts you 2 Nancy boys ever had is if you wanted some french fries taters with mustard or to purchase some potted meat at your local Dollar store ala Carl from Slingblade...

Preview